Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Should we play him against Liverpool? We're probably going to play a 5-3-2 with Barnes and Vardy up front and imo a midfield 3 of Mendy, Tielemans and Praet. I don't know how we squeeze him in, in the system we're playing unless we go 5-4-1 with Barnes and Under wide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Should we play him against Liverpool? We're probably going to play a 5-3-2 with Barnes and Vardy up front and imo a midfield 3 of Mendy, Tielemans and Praet. I don't know how we squeeze him in, in the system we're playing unless we go 5-4-1 with Barnes and Under wide. 

Dropping maddison? 

38 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Dropping maddison? 

Yeah I would as Maddison is most effective when we need to be on the front foot whereas Praet gives us that energy when we're likely to be on the back foot and makes those forward runs into the channels to give us an outlet. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, shailen said:

Under will come on for Barnes at 60 I reckon, replace one load of pace with another. That way Harvey can run himself into the ground on counter attacks and we can still use the same trick in the second half.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, shailen said:

Yeah I would as Maddison is most effective when we need to be on the front foot whereas Praet gives us that energy when we're likely to be on the back foot and makes those forward runs into the channels to give us an outlet. 

It's certainly a nice problem to have I think a puel style 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Tilemans behind barnes, Maddison, and Under would be absolutely lethal but I can't see it happen Rodgers has become much more pragmatic this season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Under will come on for Barnes at 60 I reckon, replace one load of pace with another. That way Harvey can run himself into the ground on counter attacks and we can still use the same trick in the second half.

Exactly how I see the game going, especially if we keep Liverpool out first half. They'll tire and we'll have Under ready to come on and bring them the same problem. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's certainly a nice problem to have I think a puel style 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Tilemans behind barnes, Maddison, and Under would be absolutely lethal but I can't see it happen Rodgers has become much more pragmatic this season. 

Agreed I don't think the 5-3-2 is our best system but against the big sides it is producing results and with Praet and Mendy rather than Maddison and N'didi, it gives us much more energy and flexibility, which we'll need when we try and break against Liverpool. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shailen said:

It's a nice problem to have, but I don't see anybody there I'd like to drop.  Bring him on at the hour mark and let him attack with fresh legs.

He didn't look like he was covering a lot of ground v Russia, yet still got subbed.  The break will have interrupted his training with our fitness guys.  I doubt Rodgers will consider him fit to start until he has closer to 90' worth of two-way play in his legs.

On 15/11/2020 at 18:18, StriderHiryu said:

In all seriousness, he's pleasantly surprised me. When we signed him I thought he was a 7/10 signing; he was the type of player we needed but was out of form due to injury and the jury was still out with regards to his time at Roma. Even in his short stint at the club I'd already rate him at 8/10 as his speed, technique and passing really are the real deal. To buy him we have to pay 24m, which would be 6m less than we paid for Perez and he already looks like the better player, at least in terms of being a wide man or drifting number 10. 

I didn't realise he was so gifted with both feet. A player like this with players like Maddison, Tielemans, Praet, Ricardo, Castagne to feed off plus having Vardy ahead of him is going to put in a lot of work this season. As long he's relatively injury free, he looks like another great signing.

I agree. I think he's surprised a fair few of us.

I don't really know anything about Roma but the fact they were willing to send him out on loan with a buy option made me wary. Maybe he just doesn't suit their game/formation, but he's clearly a talented lad.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I don't really know anything about Roma but the fact they were willing to send him out on loan with a buy option made me wary. Maybe he just doesn't suit their game/formation, but he's clearly a talented lad.

Myself included, the Tielemans deal was a bit of an eye opener for many. Sometimes a signing just doesn't work out for one club but it does to the benefit of the following one.

3 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I agree. I think he's surprised a fair few of us.

Italian clubs are weirdo's and wingers haven't done that well at Roma in recent seasons but it was fairly common knowledge that with Ünder his injuries seemed to stall his career and with Roma needing funds, albeit not guaranteed with us being able to convince them to accept an option to buy rather than an obligation, but still they felt they had to do it. Our gain by the looks of it! He's pure sauce.

• Thanks 1

On 16/11/2020 at 10:36, Ric Flair said:

2 goals in 2 games for Turkey has to bring him in to contention to start at Anfield. I think we need to take the game to them, rather than try and frustrate them and then turn it up as the game wears on.

Highly unlikely to happen…

We’ll do what worked v Man City, Arsenal and Leeds

We won’t see anything expansive or attacking…

if we are behind we may see him

Braga - yeah give him a start

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Myself included, the Tielemans deal was a bit of an eye opener for many. Sometimes a signing just doesn't work out for one club but it does to the benefit of the following one.

I  agree with Youri, but to a slightly lesser extent; that always seemed like there was something personal going on behind closed doors.

From what I read anyway, as I've already alluded to my knowledge of european football is poor (the NFL has taken over!)

• Like 1