Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm not sure yet, I'll pass judgement in the next month when our schedule in the league builds up without European games where he was mainly playing. 

I don't mean to suggest whether I personally think he is or isn't good enough. 

I appreciate he came here in questionable fitness, I just think if Rodgers rated him highly enough to want to make him a 25m signing, we'd have seen a LOT more of him by now. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I appreciate he came here in questionable fitness, I just think if Rodgers rated him highly enough to want to make him a 25m signing, we'd have seen a LOT more of him by now. 

Only reason I'll hold judgement is that Rodgers had thrown him in for basically all our European games and then rested him in the league, similar with Barnes too.

But I think you're likely right. Next month or two will be absolutely key to his future

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Only reason I'll hold judgement is that Rodgers had thrown him in for basically all our European games and then rested him in the league, similar with Barnes too.

But I think you're likely right. Next month or two will be absolutely key to his future

What's done it for me is the recent re-emergence of Perez picking up a lot more minutes. Looks suspiciously to me like Rodgers trusts him to provide more than Cengiz. I definitely think Perez has looked more like a team player which Rodgers values. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

What's done it for me is the recent re-emergence of Perez picking up a lot more minutes. Looks suspiciously to me like Rodgers trusts him to provide more than Cengiz. I definitely think Perez has looked more like a team player which Rodgers values. 

Perez has really picked up the work rate and pressing Rodgers demands from players. Wonder if Its taking time to adapt to that style either physically or mentally . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

...I  just think it is pure timing!!!

We had  gone to a back 3 due to injuries and a system which became an effective Plan B.

This then limited the wingers being picked and now we are using a back 4 the option to utilise our wingers is now available. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  just think it is pure timing!!!

We had  gone to a back 3 due to injuries and a system which became an effective Plan B.

This then limited the wingers being picked and now we are using a back 4 the option to utilise our wingers is now available. 

Aye maybe but that's what I mean when I say the recent minutes racked up by Perez has been what's given me doubts about Rodgers' trust in Under. When the opportunity has been there to bring a winger in, it's been Ayoze that's gotten the nod. 

I wouldn't say I'm making assumptions or presuming to know what Rodgers does think. I could be reading far too much in to minute things. 

I just think the jury is very much still out is all.

If you were to ask me to put money on whether or not we'd opt to sign him permanently I genuinely couldn't make the call on whether I think we would. 

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Perez has really picked up the work rate and pressing Rodgers demands from players. Wonder if Its taking time to adapt to that style either physically or mentally . 

Tbf it’s 3/4 games now that he’s come in and looked great. Rodgers has to go for him while he’s in this form

2 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Sorry guys, comparing Under to Perez is like comparing Merc to Mazda.

Somehow, BR doesn't show the 10% patience or tolerance to him as he shows to other players ( Perez, Madders, Albrighton)

Has Cengiz Ünder ever scored more than double figures in a season in a top league out of interest?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has Cengiz Ünder ever scored more than double figures in a season in a top league out of interest?

Obviously you have no idea.

Go watch some you tube and follow his times in Roma.

Watch the goals he scored and also follow Rome fans forum and ask questions about Under. The Roma fans will tell you who he is and they still believe he will be back there .

2 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Watch the goals he scored and also follow Rome fans forum and ask questions about Under. The Roma fans will tell you who he is and they still believe he will be back there .

That means he can do it in the premier league does it? 

What do you think mate?

Have you really honestly watched him playing for Foxes?

Haven't you watced his contribution considering the limited time he has been on?

Do you know anything about football or just talking for sake of talking?

Go search and get some more information about him before you vomit more nonsense

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

@Ric Flair simply asked if Under had ever scored double figures in the league.

He hasn't, the most he's ever scored was 7. Even in Turkey. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

His job is not scoring. Obviously you're guys didn't get that when he was unselfishly passing Vardy front of the post at both Leeds and Arsenal game.

Lads, let's talk about football not nonsense or BS.

Know your football.

Know your players.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He clearly isn't over the age of 14 he's typing in all caps. In an internet argument. As for perez. I think he is better centrally than out wide. We can fit both of them in the team.

I've seen enough of Under to hope we sign him.

I would ignore the Turkish fanboy above but I am puzzled what some seem have been watching, because in what has effectively been cameo appearances in our PL games, Under has been one of the few to play positively, take on defenders and actually try taking a shot at goal (and not selfishly because he actually tries to bring others into play), while most others are playing sideways and seemingly trying to walk the ball into the net (but almost invariably end up needlessly turning over possession).

Personally, I do not necessarily consider Under to be in direct competition with Perez (I think we can comfortably accommodate both, in the squad and situational lineups), but if Perez is "worth" 30 million, Under is definitely worth the reported 22 million for his permanent signing. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Sorry guys, comparing Under to Perez is like comparing Merc to Mazda.

Somehow, BR doesn't show the 10% patience or tolerance to him as he shows to other players ( Perez, Madders, Albrighton)

Do you ever look at yourself and feel embarrassed? Obsessing over a player because he is the same nationality as you, telling us as if we all care? Do you think we were going on the Real Madrid forum telling them they have to play Michael Owen over Raul? No because we didn't care. Check the results, hope that your guy is doing good but for the love of God stop obsessing over a player because you share heritage. This is the LCFC forum. Bigger players than Under have played for us, and will continue to do so. If Under makes it here it will be because he is good and if not then it's nobody's loss. Just stop crying out for him every week. It's dull and makes Turkish people look like small time people. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

What do you think mate?

Have you really honestly watched him playing for Foxes?

Haven't you watced his contribution considering the limited time he has been on?

Do you know anything about football or just talking for sake of talking?

Go search and get some more information about him before you vomit more nonsense

Why are you being so offensive? Simply answer the question and make your point.

23 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

His job is not scoring. Obviously you're guys didn't get that when he was unselfishly passing Vardy front of the post at both Leeds and Arsenal game.

Lads, let's talk about football not nonsense or BS.

Know your football.

Know your players.

:wes:

• Haha 1