Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Really good last night, I still think he will be an incredibly frustrating player to watch at times, but already his pressing looks to be improving. He will be a really good test of Rodgers coaching ability as he obviously has talent, just needs polishing.

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I just hope the option to buy is already in place with the price set. If he plays like that every week we will fuched.The big boys will be in for him.

You can see him playing a couple of excellent game in the Prem and having Jenas point out he's too good for us and only on loan.

• Like 1

He hits the ball so well. Barely any backlift but it pings off his left foot.

Liked his corners yesterday. Good amount of pace and dip on them.

Not a fan of him cutting inside and shooting from 40 yards time after time though. Much better when he looks to take the fullback on.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He hits the ball so well. Barely any backlift but it pings off his left foot.

Liked his corners yesterday. Good amount of pace and dip on them.

Not a fan of him cutting inside and shooting from 40 yards time after time though. Much better when he looks to take the fullback on.

When playing with inverted wingers / inside forwards though, that's his job. Maybe not from 40 yards obviously. Taking the full back on puts him on his weaker foot. 

His job is to cut inside and leave space out wide for his own full back. 

He'll get there he's probably just desperate to put a performance in to get a run of games together

• Like 1

Under was class last night. Lots to like about his game and he adds lots of different qualities to the squad - creativity, can cut inside and go outside, a goal threat from range, set piece delivery. I'd also say he's comfortably the best player we've had since Mahrez for beating his man with a bit skill and trickery, and possibly for quite a while before Mahrez as well. He's got an absolute demon of a left foot too. 

We've seen flashes of sheer brilliance and it's looking more frequent as he gets up to full speed and impacts matches. Early days still, but if he plays into his full potential this season he'll be an exciting watch and that 20-odd million permanent option will be a no brainer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

To be honest I don't mind that as it's not like he's not capable of scoring from those types of positions. As a team I think we sometimes spend too long waiting to find the perfect scoring opportunity, hence why our shot conversion ratio is (last I knew), highest in the league, and our shots at goal can stay quite low despite high possession. I think there's room to go for it a bit more at times. 

Yeah, niether do I tbf and I encourage shooting but there are times I thought he should have played someone in.

But on the flip side when he passed sometimes I thought he should have shot.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf he's the first player we've had in absolutely years where I don't mind. He actually looks like he's capable of consistently challenging the keeper from outside the box. 

Yeah I do agree. And like I said I do encourage players to shoot I just thought he was going for all angles!

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Get him on set pieces permanently.

Not a fan of how greedy he is though, seems to shoot at every opportunity. 

I agree. His shooting and set pieces is better than anyone else we got. He's got good kink up play and can dribble. If only he released the ball more often and quicker. But overall he's an asset to the team and better in that position than Ayoze Perez.

• Like 1

Under and Barnes provide an excellent combination in terms of our width. Really, you can start to see how BR aims for our shape to prove incredibly problematic for the opposition. If, for instance, Ricky/ Castagne plays as the full back, it will inevitably offer space for the other winger as midfielders try to cover the overlap/underlapping runs. Subsequently, it leaves Maddison/Tielemans in much more room to play through to either Vardy on the move or the opposite wing. Under's fitness is clearly improving and given that he probably still isn't fully ready physically for 90 mins in the PL, his energy yesterday was so impressive. His willingness to take the shot on from outside the box is fantastic and as teams pick up on the fact that he isn't afraid of shooting, it will draw defenders out of position to block the shot - leaving more space in behind. Early days but he looks to be another real find and testament to our recruitment team. 

• Like 3

On 11/12/2020 at 16:16, Corky said:

Don't mind him shooting regularly, we lack players who believe in it, for some reason. We really need to take more chances and get shots away.

Yep. We've never really seemed to pop shots from the edge of the box until recently. Every other team seem to let rip at any opportunity