Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

I just don't see how he is going to get a regular starting spot in the team. The system we are playing now demands a high work rate & tracking back from our wingers, something that I'm not sure is a forte of CU. Albrighton, for all that he frustrates me, has been doing this excellently & Harvey is getting better at this too. Also bear in mind that we have Ricky coming back who is an option to play that role as indeed is Tim & JJ (in fact thinking about it Tim there & Ricky behind him down that right hand side feels awesome).

The best I see for him is as an impact sub.

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s got talent but I’d rather have someone who contributes more to the team like Perez with his work rate and link up play going off of what I’ve seen so far. 

I think we can role the dice in the summer again and pass on Cengiz, I think there’s better options out there, but would like to see him get his fitness back and have a few more chances in the side. 

He's already showed he could do more than Perez in both departments - starting with those superb assists to Vardy.

Great to see Perez pick up his game lately (it's a win-win), but if he's worth 30m, i would take the 22m punt on Under - unless he's a sicknote.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

I wonder if there is truth on such reports: "... Corriere dello Sport are optimistic, as they write on Monday the winger ‘should be redeemed from Leicester for €23m’, but point out he has ‘yet to reach the number of matches that will oblige the English to buy him’.
That’s because the clause in the deal states the option to buy automatically becomes compulsory after a set amount of appearances, although how many hasn’t filtered through yet. Brendan Rodgers has two options now for the second half of the season: either he plays Ünder because he plans on keeping him around, or he keeps him to one side for the time being, thus keeping the clause optional, before evaluating whether or not the money could be better spent elsewhere."

I think this would explain why we haven't seen Under being subbed in by BR when  winning. Maybe he is using him only when he really needs him to impact to prolong any obligation to buy ?    

Sounds like people are throwing Under, under the bus without reason. Hes been unlucky with injuries we know that, but also it took him half a dozen games not just to get fit but to integrate him into the team. Take 6-8 matches from 18 that's roughly 12 games left. Injurys say 7-9 games leaving 5 games. Those 5 games he has had have been either starts or subs given the injurys and moving to the UK and settling.

I've been really impressed with him from his skill, pace, shooting, tracking back and defending. I for one am positive about him and hopefully BR is doing his best to integrate him into the team at a pivotal moment when we dont want to rock our starting 11 given our league position.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If Mahrez were here Rodgers wouldn’t play him regularly.  Just not his sort of player.

Ridiculous, if Mahrez was here under any manager at any stage in our history he would be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Mahrez on one side, Barnes on the other and Vardy down the middle would be unplayable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If Mahrez were here Rodgers wouldn’t play him regularly.  Just not his sort of player.

Yeah I think you're right. Neither would Messi, Mbappe or Neymar (actually maybe Neymar really wouldn't cause he's a tit) 

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’ve just had to re-read this ..... twice! 

I think he’d play him. I mean, he’d be a massive upgrade on Perez, who gets game time. 

Edited by Sly

You don't spent millions on players on the basis of keeping another player happy, it's a complete fallacy to suggest it had anything to do with signing a player. You could holiday their friends and family to keep the company if you were that bothered about it. 

• Like 4

One of the biggest mystery of the season so far for me. Benched after voted MOTM two games in a row then he got injured.

My guess that BR playing him less to devalue his pricetag so he can negotiate better.

I may be wrong who knows. As far as he'll be ready when we need him, that's all it matters.

Edited by kiwiturk

We all know the Turks are cocky and they'll steal your girlfriends (or boyfriends) if they could. I remember when he signed he looked cocky and sounded cocky in his first lcfc interview. Maybe BR has took a dislike to that? It makes no sense to me, most of us on ft were all raving for a Barnes type player for the RW and now in my eyes we have a taylor made one.

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

We all know the Turks are cocky and they'll steal your girlfriends (or boyfriends) if they could. I remember when he signed he looked cocky and sounded cocky in his first lcfc interview. Maybe BR has took a dislike to that? It makes no sense to me, most of us on ft were all raving for a Barnes type player for the RW and now in my eyes we have a taylor made one.

What the f**k is going on? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1