Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hansifüx

I wonder what is going to happen with Ünder ... he is nowhere to be seen in the last training videos ... as a loan  (maybe this is to simplified but) I would have accepted him to play whenever he is available ... which didn't happen...  Now, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he ends up at another team (or back in Rom) within the next 2 weeks. 

... just a gut feeling  ...   He needs to play if he wants to be part of EURO 2021 ... but there seems no real  reason  to  play him at the moment with all the (non-loan) alternatives who are doing well ... 

13 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

I wonder what is going to happen with Ünder ... he is nowhere to be seen in the last training videos ... as a loan  (maybe this is to simplified but) I would have accepted him to play whenever he is available ... which didn't happen...  Now, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he ends up at another team (or back in Rom) within the next 2 weeks. 

... just a gut feeling  ...   He needs to play if he wants to be part of EURO 2021 ... but there seems no real  reason  to  play him at the moment with all the (non-loan) alternatives who are doing well ... 

No chance we allow that unless we get another left footed right winger. 

20 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

He got injured at the wrong time and would assume he's had another setback if he's now not training. Also no maddison or vardy in the video.

43 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He got injured at the wrong time and would assume he's had another setback if he's now not training. Also no maddison or vardy in the video.

Possibly been given a few days off training given their injuries and its a cup game week. Could give them a whole week off even.

• Like 1

Last game I saw him in was Europe. He was great and looked a real player. His cameos have generally been great as well. But yet he's not getting a sniff. A real shame as I think we're missing out on what he can offer. Perhaps a case of the right player, but the wrong time? Watch him pop up elsewhere and be a star i.e. Kane, Kramaric.

• Like 4

Patience...

We're not even half way through our Prem. fixtures, we have Europe plus the FA Cup fixtures to come. He's been injured and since then, Albrighton has come in and done a good job. He'll get his chance and when he does, he will need to show what he can do to force his way into contention for a start in the Prem. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Another little knock then. I wonder if this is his body adapting to the higher intensity Rodgers demands? But another shame if he can't make an impact. You could read into that that he still needs to show his worth to earn his move.

He's picked up niggling injuries a lot in the last few years. Just the way it is, but certainly doesn't aid him in trying to make an impact here and us part €24m for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

The way I see it is he needs to pull up some trees in the second half of the season if he wants to stay.

Just hope whatever happens we go out in the summer and get the winger we've been missing since Mahrez left. Someone with genuine X factor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The way I see it is he needs to pull up some trees in the second half of the season if he wants to stay.

Yes he does and I hope Rodgers gives him the environment in which to do so. However, it seems he will only throw him on when we are chasing games from hopeless positions which isn't always the ideal situation to make an impact as the team is already potentially playing badly (Fulham and West Ham at home) and it's difficult to make an impact. I don't particularly like how negative Rodgers goes when we are winning games, at 2-0 up away at Newcastle, surely that's the sort of time to give Ünder some more minutes but he leaves him on the bench once again. Same happened vs Spurs and Sheffield Utd (when we were chasing the winner). Odd.

Hasn’t really worked out so far imo. Hasn’t been given loads of opportunities but whenever he’s started (except AEK) he’s been fairly poor. Gives the ball away a lot with too many shots, most have been pretty poor. I think perez offers more and I think he’s a back up at best. 

He offers good attacking intent but so far has lacked the quality to make a real impact. Would I pay £24m for him? Currently no, but hopefully he settles in the second half of the season and can improve his efficiency. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 07/01/2021 at 15:00, lcfc sheff said:

I’m really not fussed about him; the loan to buy option has turned out to be a pretty good deal as he needs to actually be fit and play well the second half of the season or I don’t see why we should sign him besides being Soyuncu’s mate 

Good point. I think Under would be a good buy and will come good but either way on their recent record I'd trust BR and the recruitment teams judgement. Personally I like him as a player and I hope it works out well for him,. The reports say Soyuncu and Under are big mates which is also an important factor.We're not running a boys club but we'd be silly to ignore anything that helps a contented squad. 

• Like 1

I definitely see something in him, but not yet enough to make his move permanent. Hopefully, he'll get the opportunities to prove his worth either way in the second half of the season. He's already a better option than Gray off the bench so has improved the squad. 

It's a shame he was injured for the Stoke game. The amount of space their 3 at the back left in the wide areas meant he could have had a field day with his direct running. Jury is still out, but I'm hopeful. 

48 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Good point. I think Under would be a good buy and will come good but either way on their recent record I'd trust BR and the recruitment teams judgement. Personally I like him as a player and I hope it works out well for him,. The reports say Soyuncu and Under are big mates which is also an important factor.We're not running a boys club but we'd be silly to ignore anything that helps a contented squad. 

Weren’t riyad and slim good mates ?   You can’t build a squad on that basis ........ I’m concerned as per the post referencing his suitability to adapt to the physical nature of the league could well be a problem,. 

But mahrez was only 500 k.  He didn’t play a lot in the first half of the 14/15 PL season ..... came on stronger later. Let’s hope cengiz  goes the same way ...

41 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

....big fan of Ünder....!!!

The problem is game time, he is not getting any. When he came, the talk was he was unfit, he eventually got game time and made some kind of impact, we have yet to see him on a regular basis, due to injury or the manager not being sure he is up to speed with the Premiership.

I get the impression that Rodgers is not convinced about him and there is, I feel, a likelihood of him not being taken on due to the inconsistencies of his term here.

There is talk of Thauvin being available and should we pick him up, can only point to Ünder going back.

• Like 1