Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Never mention the sub wasn't the correct choice, but two game running first Perez and Riccardo (Who isn't match fit) was trusted to see out the game on the right. I just get a feel BR doesn't trust Under to do the dirty work.

As Maddison said in he post match interview, if you don't do the running you don't play in a BR team, 

I think that is an unfair assumption. When Under was playing for us in the Europa League he certainly put in the defensive work. I think it is just a case of him coming back from injury at a time when we are playing very well and the subs as working to the plan. Hopefully he starts on Sunday and does a job.

Just now, Unabomber said:

I think that is an unfair assumption. When Under was playing for us in the Europa League he certainly put in the defensive work. I think it is just a case of him coming back from injury at a time when we are playing very well and the subs as working to the plan. Hopefully he starts on Sunday and does a job.

We wil see, I agree his done well in EL, but let be honest other then Braga the quality in the group hasn't been great. 

I just don't see him being here long term.

Its going to be hard for him to prove his worth in the PL if hes only ever going to get 20 odd minutes when we are chasing games.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ricky's an important player for us, him getting game time was the priority. We were also defending a lead. 

Come on, we have an FA cup tie at the weekend were riccy could get plenty of minutes. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Says a lot when the gaffa prefers a RB out for 10 months with 45 minutes under his belt over you for the last 20 minutes of a game. 

very very harsh this, the RB is probably the best player at the club for christ's sake

think cengo has looked good everytime i have watched him, just needs to do hard part of game too and think him not playing is brendan sending a message rather than him not being good enough

hope he plays against brentford

the balls he has played to vardy are only time i have been reminded of riyad since he left, really nice pass and vision

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We wil see, I agree his done well in EL, but let be honest other then Braga the quality in the group hasn't been great. 

I just don't see him being here long term.

Its going to be hard for him to prove his worth in the PL if hes only ever going to get 20 odd minutes when we are chasing games.

Come on, we have an FA cup tie at the weekend were riccy could get plenty of minutes. 

He can play in that too. 

Guest Hansifüx

I assume it has something to do with his contract ... which may turn from an option to an obligation. An obviously BR hasn't made up his mind and may think with Justin and Thomas on the left back, he can play Castagne on the right back and potentially Ric also as a winger ... which gives him more options on the right side ... Under could also play on the left but that makes only sense if he wants to give Barnes a rest ...  overall I assume he is rightfully considering if the money is not better spend for a CF ...  I would not be surprised if  we see Under move on either this month (I read something about that he could be used (still) by Roma (I assume this would cost Roma something) for a swap deal with other player on an other team) or much more likely at the end of the season. I also assume game time at cup games may not count or has less weight for the contract to become an obligation .... my opinion, I could be completely wrong though.

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

This all just reminds me of Kramaric. A player who seems to ooze quality and seems an obvious choice but the manager doesn't fancy them. Then we get to see Under scoring and assisting for fun while we still look for a Mahrez replacement while a 35 year old Albrighton plays at a second full back and chips the ball to the other team..

Thing is Albrigton is delivering right now and has made himself near undroppable. Do you start ünder in place of sharky? 

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Anthropologists in Turkey depressed that they wasted a lifetimes work.

Whilst one can get a good feel for the surface of a culture through playing 5-a-side with people in another country, It takes a whole lot more to understand and generalise a culture as you have done. 

Understand maybe but generalise no.

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Under is more of a goal threat than Perez or Iheanacho. I wish he'd played a little more.

I agree I would like to see more of him on the pitch, but he has to start putting in the work rate that Rodgers wants, which is why Albrighton is ahead of him!

Edited by Le Renard

He's done well in the Europa League and today, although against lesser teams. Also made a few good performances off the bench earlier in the season (Arsenal and leeds away)  Defo a good choice as an impact sub but still questions over his fitness due to the number of small injuries he's been picking up.

IMHO you dont just need a best 11 or 14 you need a good 25 man squad. He is good enough to be in the matchday squad, got a knock but also Kevin has been playing out of his skin and deserving his starts. That does not make Cengiz a bad player and does he offer something and does he improve the squad, well he does for me so get him in

• Like 2

Absolute livewire. Also helped out defensively too. Kind of a surprise he's never got a consistent run in the team, but then again Albrighton has made himself undroppable of recent.

For me I would sign him up already, though 24m is a heft chunk of change in the current market. He has real quality though!

Should have scored two today mind you!

• Like 3