Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Please do elaborate dear friend....

16 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

One of the biggest mystery of the season so far for me. Benched after voted MOTM two games in a row then he got injured.

My guess that BR playing him less to devalue his pricetag so he can negotiate better.

I may be wrong who knows. As far as he'll be ready when we need him, that's all it matters.

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We all know the Turks are cocky and they'll steal your girlfriends (or boyfriends) if they could. I remember when he signed he looked cocky and sounded cocky in his first lcfc interview. Maybe BR has took a dislike to that? It makes no sense to me, most of us on ft were all raving for a Barnes type player for the RW and now in my eyes we have a taylor made one.

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

And my post last night.....

"Sounds like people are throwing Under, under the bus without reason. Hes been unlucky with injuries we know that, but also it took him half a dozen games not just to get fit but to integrate him into the team. Take 6-8 matches from 18 that's roughly 12 games left. Injurys say 7-9 games leaving 5 games. Those 5 games he has had have been either starts or subs given the injurys and moving to the UK and settling

I've been really impressed with him from his skill, pace, shooting, tracking back and defending. I for one am positive about him and hopefully BR is doing his best to integrate him into the team at a pivotal moment when we dont want to rock our starting 11 given our league position"

Read the forum next time. No point in having your pants pulled down unnecessarily.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

And my post last night.....

"Sounds like people are throwing Under, under the bus without reason. Hes been unlucky with injuries we know that, but also it took him half a dozen games not just to get fit but to integrate him into the team. Take 6-8 matches from 18 that's roughly 12 games left. Injurys say 7-9 games leaving 5 games. Those 5 games he has had have been either starts or subs given the injurys and moving to the UK and settling

I've been really impressed with him from his skill, pace, shooting, tracking back and defending. I for one am positive about him and hopefully BR is doing his best to integrate him into the team at a pivotal moment when we dont want to rock our starting 11 given our league position"

Read the forum next time. No point in having your pants pulled down unnecessarily.

Yep I read that post. Didn't see it was you and it doesn't invalidate your other nonsense...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry, what?

I holidayed there every year and played 5 a side with the locals at midnight because of the heat. Most of them questioned me as to why us English aren't more cocky and selfish like them in life. In my comment I've simply wrapped the above and added it into Unders arrival. The only question I'm putting out their, which @Les-TA-Jon is clearly misunderstanding, is a clash between BR and the players personality. You could also add in the fitness that might still be an issue that BR was public about when he arrived.

This all just reminds me of Kramaric. A player who seems to ooze quality and seems an obvious choice but the manager doesn't fancy them. Then we get to see Under scoring and assisting for fun while we still look for a Mahrez replacement while a 35 year old Albrighton plays at a second full back and chips the ball to the other team..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

This all just reminds me of Kramaric. A player who seems to ooze quality and seems an obvious choice but the manager doesn't fancy them. Then we get to see Under scoring and assisting for fun while we still look for a Mahrez replacement while a 35 year old Albrighton plays at a second full back and chips the ball to the other team..

Kramaric didn't suit our style, he had all the talent but wasn't built to be pressing and fast on the break. 

How we have evolved would now really suit his style, ball into feet etc. It wasn't about Pearson not liking him.

Albrighton, as has been said on this forum numerous times and by Rodgers, isn't just in for his ability. That man runs and runs and runs for 90mins, allowing us to play how we do and not be completely caught out. Rodgers interview infers Under needs to increase his defensive work rate to a similar level of Albrighton. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kramaric didn't suit our style, he had all the talent but wasn't built to be pressing and fast on the break. 

How we have evolved would now really suit his style, ball into feet etc. It wasn't about Pearson not liking him.

Albrighton, as has been said on this forum numerous times and by Rodgers, isn't just in for his ability. That man runs and runs and runs for 90mins, allowing us to play how we do and not be completely caught out. Rodgers interview infers Under needs to increase his defensive work rate to a similar level of Albrighton. 

What I don't understand is why these discussions don't take place before signing the player, if the main thing Rodgers is looking for in his winger is a grafter then we really should be looking at wingers with a record of wanting to defend.

Incredibly frusting having an exciting player like that on the touchline and just seeing him stuck there getting rustier and then being expected to pull a rabbit out the hat in 10-15 mins (which he did against Arsenal). I just don't know why we bothered signing him without doing the research. It's wasting his time and ours.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What I don't understand is why these discussions don't take place before signing the player, if the main thing Rodgers is looking for in his winger is a grafter then we really should be looking at wingers with a record of wanting to defend.

Incredibly frusting having an exciting player like that on the touchline and just seeing him stuck there getting rustier and then being expected to pull a rabbit out the hat in 10-15 mins (which he did against Arsenal). I just don't know why we bothered signing him without doing the research. It's wasting his time and ours.

You're very much assuming they didn't already. Under has the ability to do the work rate as we've seen in the Europa league. 

We need what he can add to us, but his injury seems to have stopped him kicking on. I'd imagine once he regains fitness he'll be in. 

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I holidayed there every year and played 5 a side with the locals at midnight because of the heat. Most of them questioned me as to why us English aren't more cocky and selfish like them in life. In my comment I've simply wrapped the above and added it into Unders arrival. The only question I'm putting out their, which @Les-TA-Jon is clearly misunderstanding, is a clash between BR and the players personality. You could also add in the fitness that might still be an issue that BR was public about when he arrived.

Well OK. But I'd suggest not going with 'we all know that', as if we all did. 

• Like 3

if he doesnt make any more appearances I wonder if this is why, seems similar deal to what we had with that wolves defender last season.

Leicester City will be ‘obliged’ to sign on loan winger Cengiz Under on a permanent deal in the summer should he make so many appearances for the club, according to reports.

If not injured he should get a chance against Brentford

Ricardo Soy Amartey Thomas

Mendy/Hamza

Under Praet Tielemans Barnes

Perez

Then for the six pointer against Everton, the same team we played against Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

If not injured he should get a chance against Brentford

Ricardo Soy Amartey Thomas

Mendy/Hamza

Under Praet Tielemans Barnes

Perez

Then for the six pointer against Everton, the same team we played against Chelsea.

No goalkeeper and a gimpy Praet in midfield. I know we're good, but that is brave.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, filbertway said:

Let’s hope it goes the way kramaric did as well. If we are playing well enough that he won’t get a chance here... we will be more than happy. 

20 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Anthropologists in Turkey depressed that they wasted a lifetimes work.

Whilst one can get a good feel for the surface of a culture through playing 5-a-side with people in another country, It takes a whole lot more to understand and generalise a culture as you have done. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Says a lot when the gaffa prefers a RB out for 10 months with 45 minutes under his belt over you for the last 20 minutes of a game. 

Didn’t need to be creative needed to be solid Ricardo provided that. Not the game to bring under on, he wants to try stuff, we didn’t need that last night. We needed to manage the game which we did pretty well bar the offside goal. He will get his chance but bringing flair player on 2-0 up against Chelsea when they dominating possession wasn’t the one in my opinion. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Says a lot when the gaffa prefers a RB out for 10 months with 45 minutes under his belt over you for the last 20 minutes of a game. 

Is that a serious post? They play different positions and have different attributes, Ricardo was the correct sub for that game last night. Chelsea had just bought Werner on who was getting some joy down the left so Rodgers got Ricardo on to stifle any threat. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Is that a serious post? They play different positions and have different attributes, Ricardo was the correct sub for that game last night. Chelsea had just bought Werner on who was getting some joy down the left so Rodgers got Ricardo on to stifle any threat. 

39 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t need to be creative needed to be solid Ricardo provided that. Not the game to bring under on, he wants to try stuff, we didn’t need that last night. We needed to manage the game which we did pretty well bar the offside goal. He will get his chance but bringing flair player on 2-0 up against Chelsea when they dominating possession wasn’t the one in my opinion. 

Never mention the sub wasn't the correct choice, but two game running first Perez and Riccardo (Who isn't match fit) was trusted to see out the game on the right. I just get a feel BR doesn't trust Under to do the dirty work.

As Maddison said in he post match interview, if you don't do the running you don't play in a BR team, 

Edited by coolhandfox

55 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Ricky's an important player for us, him getting game time was the priority. We were also defending a lead. 

• Like 2