Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

In the limited minutes he's had this season he's already won me over. That assist vs arsenal: the reading of the game, the movement, the pace to get into position and the pass to finish it off. The assist vs leeds: the composure to dink the ball over the defender and the same intelligent movement in behind as the arsenal goal. He also played vardy in on goal later against leeds with a quality through ball. He's less of a Mahrez replacement and more of a young Salah, fast, direct, skillful, unafraid to take a shot and unlike demarai he can regularly hit them as well, intelligent movement, good composure in the box. 10 goal season or not he's a much better player than Perez for me, hopefully Rodgers sees it the same way as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

His job is not scoring. Obviously you're guys didn't get that when he was unselfishly passing Vardy front of the post at both Leeds and Arsenal game.

Lads, let's talk about football not nonsense or BS.

Know your football.

Know your players.

Welcome to the forum, have you followed Leicester for long?

I like Cengiz, if he keeps working hard he will get chances, because he has the ability.

14 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I've seen enough of Under to hope we sign him.

I would ignore the Turkish fanboy above but I am puzzled what some seem have been watching, because in what has effectively been cameo appearances in our PL games, Under has been one of the few to play positively, take on defenders and actually try taking a shot at goal (and not selfishly because he actually tries to bring others into play), while most others are playing sideways and seemingly trying to walk the ball into the net (but almost invariably needlessly turning over possession).

Personally, I do not necessarily consider Under to be in direct competition with Perez (I think we can comfortably accommodate both, in the squad and situational lineups), but if Perez is "worth" 30 million, Under is definitely worth the reported 22 million for his permanent signing. 

I agree with all of that. He's certainly got something we can use. He's very prepared to run at players and I could see him and Barnes on each flank pulling defences all over the place. Shaw and Lindelof today would have been having eggs, though I fully appreciate why Rodgers would start with Albrighton even if Under had been fit.

Neither is he afraid to have a shot whereas sometimes we seem to overplay things. Running at defences at the appropriate times and longer distance shooting can cause uncertainty in defences and subsequently mistakes are made. He's rapid with quick feet and thought and I think there's a lot more to come from him given the opportunity. Under and Ricardo could be an absolute nightmare for the opposition on that right hand side. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

Do you ever look at yourself and feel embarrassed? Obsessing over a player because he is the same nationality as you, telling us as if we all care? Do you think we were going on the Real Madrid forum telling them they have to play Michael Owen over Raul? No because we didn't care. Check the results, hope that your guy is doing good but for the love of God stop obsessing over a player because you share heritage. This is the LCFC forum. Bigger players than Under have played for us, and will continue to do so. If Under makes it here it will be because he is good and if not then it's nobody's loss. Just stop crying out for him every week. It's dull and makes Turkish people look like small time people. 

Wooow mate. This is a bit harsh.

Yoga classes maybe?????

• Haha 3

Sometimes this place is like watching a drunk punching at shadows.

Just had five days off since I don't know when. We still are competing for 3 trophies with matches every three to 5 days if we keep winning. More than enough time for Under and Perez to prove their worth. Competition is what this club needs.

Edited by SO1

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest, I don't think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that Under is a long way from convincing Rodgers that he's good enough to be a starting winger here. 

To be fair, Rodgers believes Albrighton is good enough to be a starting winger here.

Guest Hansifüx

I think Under is doing well, and I would like to see him play more, solely because I find his style of playing entertaining to watch. I have a similar opinion of Barnes and  I just  like to watch them play.  I think it is OK for Under to be introduced slowly to the PL. But I also do worry a bit to see him play less because of Brendons tactics.... 

I am sure we will see more of him once we are regularly back to four at the back. Also it was openly discussed when he first joined that he needed to improve his fitness. We still have 23 league matches plus the various cup games to come -  plenty of opportunity for him to make his mark. 

Disrupt a high performing team by shoehorning him in just because some Turkish lads have pictures of him on their bedroom walls :ph34r:

I’ve posted a few times in this thread that this lad needs time. He looked like a kid joining a new school on his first day of training. I fully expect him to come good eventually but until then we can’t sacrifice that position in big games. The Premier League isn’t that forgiving.

16 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Following the Foxes since Muzzy Izzet.

Cool, it's been a proper rollercoaster but the standard of player is higher than ever. For most of that 20 year plus period there was little prospect of players of Under's standard coming here.

Different players take different amounts of time to adjust, and whilst most of us seem disappointed not to see a bit more of Cengiz than we have, there are decent players busting a gut to get themselves in the side. Let's hope this is just a niggle and he doesn't lose too much training time, because we can all see he has so much that is good about his game.

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

As an American, I'd prefer a Mazda to a Merc.

Mercury made a decent cop car, but mostly they were crap.

Lincoln Mercury you say?

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

trapped in a never ending cycle of a narrow boating holiday with Josh Low and Momo Sylla

This perhaps isn't as bad as first thought if managed well. Give Momo full rudder controls and have Josh working the throttle while you get the rest of the boat to yourself. 

• Haha 1