Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

Think he offers something different, but albrighton atm has to start as he brings great balance to our team. Maybe he’ll go on to prove me wrong but crucially he needs to stay fit.

For me when vardy's out under has to start over albrighton. Albrighton's been very good recently but he doesnt bring goals.

Great performance today, always looks dangerous. Given Marc’s workrate and Ünders injuries happy to see these 2 rotate (1 midweek, other the weekend game) with 2 games a week for this next period. Either way should still get plenty of game time over the coming weeks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Anyone think he played himself into first team contention? I couldn’t watch the match

No, will stay as an off the bench option. He was very good, but Albrighton recently is irrepressible, the man has more energy that a Duracell bunny rabbit and presses all day, plus offers a lot to our attack. 

What I would say though is that if Under could add that to his game, he would 100% be first choice, because he has the talent. And for that reason alone could well be the long term player we sign for that position.

• Like 3

The great shame for Under is that he regularly looks dangerous and is the type of forward thinking player that will create chances and goals. Always looks a threat when he plays, but doesn't seem to get a decent run in the team. So today's performance is forgotten about and he wonders what the point is. Must be rubbish for your motivation when you keep playing well and don't get a decent run at the first XI.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No, will stay as an off the bench option. He was very good, but Albrighton recently is irrepressible, the man has more energy that a Duracell bunny rabbit and presses all day, plus offers a lot to our attack. 

What I would say though is that if Under could add that to his game, he would 100% be first choice, because he has the talent. And for that reason alone could well be the long term player we sign for that position.

Perez or Under?

He was effective today but you have to balance that with being up against a young kid at fullback. Albrighton has been effective against Premier League standard for last few games. 

We all want to see some exciting wing play and Under hopefully can fo that but let's not use today's more promising performance as anything more than just that. Do it against Digne on Weds night and I'd be much more impressed.

• Like 1

Had a good first half, and when he does play has good moments, pace and skill, I hope he gets more chances to prove himself, as I think he will be a good longterm prospect; but only BR can say if he is worth keeping after his loan spell I hope the lad plays his way into the team.

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

With Vardy out, he needs to start. Regardless of wether its Nacho or Perez up top, they are not going to score loads so sacrificing Albrightons organisation and graft for Ûnder, maling a 3 behind the striker of him Maddison and Barnes would compensate for that I feel. 

I think we could well do that against Leeds and/or Fulham but Albrighton will start against Everton. Especially if Digne is playing, can't remember if he's fit again yet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Perez or Under?

Under. Perez is not a natural wide forward, which is why he's being tried in this false 9 role. I posted about that in his own thread.

Under on top form is the closest thing we've had to Mahrez since he left. Not quite as good, but he has flashes of absolute brilliance. In the first 15 minutes today he was actually incredible, then faded a bit, then came back into it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

He was effective today but you have to balance that with being up against a young kid at fullback. Albrighton has been effective against Premier League standard for last few games. 

We all want to see some exciting wing play and Under hopefully can fo that but let's not use today's more promising performance as anything more than just that. Do it against Digne on Weds night and I'd be much more impressed.

Slightly off topic but is Digne back from injury? He’s vital for them. 

I'm not convinced about this rumour of a clause in the contract forcing us to buy after so many games. I think Under's just been unlucky to be kept out the side by fitness, injuries, winger-less formations and a resurgent Sharky.

I'd like for us to keep him, but I think there will be cheaper options in the summer. Perhaps we'll make a lower offer than the £20-odd million option to buy. I suppose it could depend on interest from other clubs.

Can definitely see Under playing a big part in the second half of the season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Under. Perez is not a natural wide forward, which is why he's being tried in this false 9 role. I posted about that in his own thread.

Under on top form is the closest thing we've had to Mahrez since he left. Not quite as good, but he has flashes of absolute brilliance. In the first 15 minutes today he was actually incredible, then faded a bit, then came back into it.

Not quite as good as Mahrez😂

45 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not convinced about this rumour of a clause in the contract forcing us to buy after so many games. I think Under's just been unlucky to be kept out the side by fitness, injuries, winger-less formations and a resurgent Sharky.

I'd like for us to keep him, but I think there will be cheaper options in the summer. Perhaps we'll make a lower offer than the £20-odd million option to buy. I suppose it could depend on interest from other clubs.

Can definitely see Under playing a big part in the second half of the season.

This! We have been asking for a player like him for ages now, it's just unfortunate that because of having to change formation early on in response to injuries, followed by his own injury problems, he hasn't played as much as we might have expected. I am sure there will be matches where Brendan sees Kevin as the more appropriate winger for the job, but he's definitely got the attributes to be an important player for us. He wasn't perfect today, but it was his first start after quite a long spell out. 

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1