Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

3 minutes ago, Iran said:

I was very impressed in his role to create the team's the 3rd goal, excellent dribble and pass (Nice persistence and determination by Maddison also on the 3rd goal)! Nice goal as well by Ünder to finish it cleanly with his left foot to get us back into the game, left the Brentford keeper with no chance as Ünder bended towards the bottom left corner. Also, I noticed he looked much fitter/extremely faster, contributed on defensive end, and was very proactive in the final third.

All in all, great performance and I hope he keeps this up! :appl:

Can’t disagree with a word of this. Great post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 22:21, Ric Flair said:

Has Cengiz Ünder ever scored more than double figures in a season in a top league out of interest?

I looked this up - his record is actually not bad.

18/19: 6 goals, 10 assists

17/18: 8 goals, 2 assists

There's some talent there with this guy - hes already got 2 goals and 3 assists with us and given the chances he's missed he could have about 5 goals.

Definitely not the worst loan in the world by any stretch. Beginning to think he might not be a gamble next year and signing someone else would be a bigger risk.

7 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Which one you will invest in Liecester's future?

32 years old Albright?

Underperformed Perez?

Or 23 years old Cengiz who was  playing for the Roma age of 19 and pretty much delivered everytime he plays for the Foxes as well.

Food for thought?

It's a question of balance/shape of the team for the specific game in question, as much or as well as, who is better. Perez was decent today, as he generally is when central.

I think Cengo's couple of weeks out with niggles came at a bad time for his profile, and because we haven't been chasing the game much recently, we haven't needed that extra creativity Under brings off the bench. Albrighton has sat on the sidelines for long periods waiting for his chance, staying motivated, and has delivered when called upon. (Have you seen the winning percentage stats for this season, with Kevin in and out of the side?)

If Cengo does the same (as he generally has up til now) I can't see us walking away from him, because he has Mahrez-level talents. And now with Praet out for months, he should get regular time.

PS do you know about this clause in the loan, some posters think there is a trigger point, in terms of games, when we are obliged to buy. Sounds unlikely to me, but what do you think?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

No clear info regarding to Cengo's contract.

Speculations and gossips at the moment. But according to Italian newspapers, Dzeko wants him badly back in Roma and actually argued with the coach Fonseca about it and kicked from the Matchday squad yesterday.

That's got me worried because I really want him to stay at the Liecester.

As I said gossips and speculations until BR clearifies his situation. 

Edited by kiwiturk

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:
12 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It's a question of balance/shape of the team for the specific game in question, as much or as well as, who is better. Perez was decent today, as he generally is when central.

I think Cengo's couple of weeks out with niggles came at a bad time for his profile, and because we haven't been chasing the game much recently, we haven't needed that extra creativity Under brings off the bench. Albrighton has sat on the sidelines for long periods waiting for his chance, staying motivated, and has delivered when called upon. (Have you seen the winning percentage stats for this season, with Kevin in and out of the side?)

If Cengo does the same (as he generally has up til now) I can't see us walking away from him, because he has Mahrez-level talents. And now with Praet out for months, he should get regular time.

PS do you know about this clause in the loan, some posters think there is a trigger point, in terms of games, when we are obliged to buy. Sounds unlikely to me, but what do you think?

No clear info regarding to Cengo's contract.

Speculations and gossips at the moment. But according to Italian newspapers, Dzeko wants him badly back in Roma and actually argued with the coach Fonseca about it and kicked from the Matchday squad yesterday.

That's got me worried because I really want him to stay at the Liecester.

As I said gossips and speculations until BR clearifies his situation. 

Hopefully that is just speculation, but if you hear more about Roma's position, do let us know.

We could do without another Kramaric-style face palm..

• Like 2

Under conundrum is for me down to two things.

1. Fitness and pace of the game - obviously this can be developed but BR took him off early not because he wasn’t playing well but because this is still a concern but to be fair has had some injury niggles.

2. Decision making. He has talent in barrow loads but pressure to deliver and impress can lead to poor decision making and losing the ball too often - like Perez in all honesty. This also can be coached out/in but the player needs to be able to listen and demonstrate to the manager he can learn to employ the teaching on the training ground and in the classroom to the first team pitch - unlike Gray.

if he can get these two things sorted I expect to see him starting some games before long in Europa and the PL.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Iran said:

I was very impressed in his role to create the team's the 3rd goal, excellent dribble and pass (Nice persistence and determination by Maddison also on the 3rd goal)! Nice goal as well by Ünder to finish it cleanly with his left foot to get us back into the game, left the Brentford keeper with no chance as Ünder bended towards the bottom left corner. Also, I noticed he looked much fitter/extremely faster, contributed on defensive end, and was very proactive in the final third.

All in all, great performance and I hope he keeps this up! :appl:

Great first touch and running at pace and controlling  long passes too - all footy fans love to see that 

• Like 2

As long as there are no fitness concerns and he is gelling with the team, he looks like a real quality handful, but would like to reserve judgement until we see him against a PL team for a full game.

16 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

With Vardy out, he needs to start. Regardless of wether its Nacho or Perez up top, they are not going to score loads so sacrificing Albrightons organisation and graft for Ûnder, maling a 3 behind the striker of him Maddison and Barnes would compensate for that I feel. 

This is the gist of it.  With Vardy out you need guys on the pitch who can produce goals.  Under can produce goals consistently - he's dangerous every time he touches the ball, and his defensive work is fine. I'd like to see him tried as a striker if Rodgers is determined not to use him at RW in the league, but you need this guy in the 11.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

but if we want him roma can't block it right?

My understanding of what was made public about the structure of the deal is that Roma retain the right to sell him elsewhere in the event of a higher bid but we have an option to buy at an agreed price ( if no-one else is in at a higher price) . We didn’t want to commit to buying at an agreed price 

16 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

To me, the lad when played, always creates stuff. He can do no more in my opinion. He probably won't track back as much as Sharkey. But few attacking / flare players do. 

Id love to see him.get more minutes and show his repertoire of tricks in the Prem league. 

14 likes would suggest we all agree he's the bee's knees. Let's play him & then buy him Brendan. Get on with it!!

• Like 2

He seems to be following in the footsteps of Dragovic. 

Can look quite decent when called upon but never fully backed to start. 

He will surely get a run of some sort the next few days without Vardy. If he shows up well it may cool our interest in Eriksen or Otavio.  

Crucial month for him. Could go either way.

Edited by Blue ROI