Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

36 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

He seems to be following in the footsteps of Dragovic. 

Can look quite decent when called upon but never fully backed to start. 

He will surely get a run of some sort the next few days without Vardy. If he shows up well it may cool our interest in Eriksen or Otavio.  

Crucial month for him. Could go either way.

Why? We're looking for cover for Youri/Maddison. How does Under do that?

Certainly liked what I saw yesterday, but we are not privvy to all the details of the loan, his effort in training, his fitness or how he relates to the rest of the squad, so there could be myriad reasons for Cengiz not featuring more. 

Ghezzal yes, Diabate and Perez no, they were not brought in to fill the gap that Cengiz was (imo)

53 minutes ago, murphy said:

Like who?

If we look further afield at players that come into the PL and were linked with us or who we looked at with envy we see Sarr, Pepe, Bergwijn, Ziyech.  Are any of those pulling up trees?

You don't think Ziyech is pulling up trees? He's one of the best crossers of the ball in the PL.

Now after several impressive matches in Cup and Europa League matches, I think it's time to let Cengiz shine in the League too.

I understand why Brendan Rodgers fancies Albrighton as first choice right now in the PL and  the record also proves him right, but what I couldn't understand was him always subbing on Iheanacho or Perez instead of Under in the last bunch of matches eventhough he has shown so much more goal threat and creativity in almost all of the matches he has featured in so far.  

Iirc Unders last start in the PL was the 2-0 loss against Everton and after that he had a few minor injuries, but other than that I think he impressed in every single one of his camoes in the PL , so it would be a real shame if he doesn't get more chances from now on

• Like 1

I couldnt care less what happens in training but what Im seeing in games is pretty impressive.

However Sharky is going to take some shifting as he does supply a lot of assists.Under has a ton of instant  pace and I love the cut back ball that we seem to be looking for now so that a player is coming on to it rather than trying to hit the front man surrounded by defence.have to find a way to make use. 

Guest Hansifüx
6 hours ago, surrifox said:

My understanding of what was made public about the structure of the deal is that Roma retain the right to sell him elsewhere in the event of a higher bid but we have an option to buy at an agreed price ( if no-one else is in at a higher price) . We didn’t want to commit to buying at an agreed price 

That would be complicated, but kind of amusing to think about .... if he plays well others might become interested .....  so BR doesn't play him, to not show off his new shiny toy to the other kids in the league?

Guest Hansifüx
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This team, as exciting as it is doesn't really have that individual flair that a player like Ünder has in abundance. He is most definitely needed, my only concern on him is fitness. Get him on a run of games here and I think he will be devastating.

I am afraid he doesn't have a real fitness issue... besides any issues an  injury would cause ... many mention that they want to see Under play  90min,  but I remember that he did also  struggle with playing 90 min for Roma  especially if he had to track back. I also remember Di Franseco (his coach from 2018) realising how much of a goal thread Under can be (especially with dzeko there) and making an interesting move to  change Under's position to a foward like winger (with less backtracking tasks) which allowed him to play more effective for 90 min.  

I think Under has the typical fitness issues all speedsters have.  The runs they make cost a lot of energy so it is important that they can manage their reserves well to play a full game ... and they may get injuries easier  if they hit their limits  .... if that makes sense  ..... Of course I would be happy if I am wrong and he can be trained to play for 90 min injury free .... :)

Watch the long form post match presser(Brentford) on Youtube @ Mr. Beanyman channel. 10.15 to 11.48.

Says it all really. Albrighton at the moment is earning his spot on the team. Until Rodgers thinks otherwise that's the way it will stay. Shows how important defending is to Rodgers. Still kills me watching that goal. So beautiful and effortless. Hope he has the persistence and the will to keep on getting stronger.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Virtually always good when he plays.

I can't recall a poor appearance for us (of course that's an admittedly limited sample).

Touche. He's strong and fast just like Barnes and I also think he possesses more flair if I can say that as fairly as I can.

17 hours ago, rachhere said:

I agree, not lived up to his hype at all. They spent quite a bit of time after one game highlighting his lack of willingness to track back. 

In fairness, nobody at Chelsea is doing particularly well. 

Probably worth reserving judgement on Havertz, Ziyech and Werner until Chelsea actually have a competent coach in and they can all have time to actually settle at the club and in the league. 

There is a case for more pace for leeds, to help with the counter. Albrighton didn't do anything particularly wrong against Everton for me, but with JV out and neither Perez or Maddison having the ability to run away from anyone, the case for Cengiz is there.

I'd be happy to go with him this time, to see if we can find better balance while we wait for Vards.

• Like 1