Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

13 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Praet needs a good run in the side now. He’s coming into his own. Surely Perez will make way for Maddison. 

Yes agreed. Thought Brendan was testing this in the last few minutes, so these two can rotate, without upsetting the balance of the Belgian core of the side, which is looking very promising as a unit. Question is who makes way for Genghis?

3 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Yes agreed. Thought Brendan was testing this in the last few minutes, so these two can rotate, without upsetting the balance of the Belgian core of the side, which is looking very promising as a unit. Question is who makes way for Genghis?

Nice problems to have.

Really pleased with the performance and win tonight.

It's good to see Maddison getting some game time but I must confess I was uneasy about him being introduced when he was.

We became slower, inviting Burnley back into the game and there were a couple of occasions when we/he lost the ball, with Maddison staying on the ground and appealing for a free kick? Nah, the guy needs a kick up the arse and shouldn't think his place is guaranteed.

But I'm still happy :scarf:

• Like 2

Massively enjoyed that. Some of that zip and swagger that we saw at the start of last season was back. Looked likely to score every single time we went forwards. Really impressed.

Barnes, Tielemans, Praet, Castagne and Mendy all deserve huge credit. The fact that they could all have been candidates for man of the match really is telling.

Yes we still looked a little ropey defensively which could get punished but in the grand scheme if things, whilst we're winning it does not matter all too much. All looking good 🦊

• Like 2

Just now, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Seen a lot of people rubbishing Justin.

at the time, I believe he was a 7M pound signing from a league one side.

hes been chucked into the team in very unusual circumstances and for his age and background for me it’s astonishing he holds his own let alone plays well. Both goals we conceded he could have done better no doubt, but he’s out of position and inexperienced, we can’t expect miracles.

so glad he got a goal and for me he will only improve. 

Oh agreed on most points. 

For seven million quid, SEVEN MILLION, from League One it's reasonable to expect some more defensive intelligence.

He has room to improve though. He makes poor and rash decisions - he should be working on this outside of matchday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Really pleased with the performance and win tonight.

It's good to see Maddison getting some game time but I must confess I was uneasy about him being introduced when he was.

We became slower, inviting Burnley back into the game and there were a couple of occasions when we/he lost the ball, with Maddison staying on the ground and appealing for a free kick? Nah, the guy needs a kick up the arse and shouldn't think his place is guaranteed.

But I'm still happy :scarf:

I agree regarding Maddison mate, he thought it was gonna be a stroll like last week but it wasn’t. Madders also gave away the free kick for the goal.

I think he may struggle to get back in ahead of Praet now as I think Under will play RW on weds 

Just now, foxile5 said:

Oh agreed on most points. 

For seven million quid, SEVEN MILLION, from League One it's reasonable to expect some more defensive intelligence.

He has room to improve though. He makes poor and rash decisions - he should be working on this outside of matchday. 

Yes I agree. If he didn’t have any defensive intelligence I don’t think he would be in the England under 21’s squad let alone being picked by Brendan. I don’t know how fit he was but let’s note Brendan left fuchs on the bench all game, maybe that was saving him for Arsenal but he’s being picked ahead of an experienced international left back. 

he does need to improve though, I agree. In terms of rash decisions yes, though he’s not alone. Hopefully composure will improve.

We have won and beaten a bloody difficult side to beat, scored 4 with Vards not having a sniff. Sunday night and we should all go to bed happy. Yes there are things to work on but much easier to work on when you are played 2 won 2. Going to be a crazy season and i want us to compete in all 4 competitions and we should be able to do that. Yes JJ might have been involved with both their goals 1 one was handball and the 2nd one the guy got a run on him but he will learn and we have Thomas and Fuchs who can do a job and Timmy C when Rick P gets fit. Praet looked decent and created plenty and if that pushes Maddison to perform and raise his game great it also keeps Youri on his toes, Forest losing the County, Tigers "winning" and us top of the league been a bloody good sunday,

• Like 1

So many positives tonight, but the key factor for me was the understanding between the players, especially when going forward.

Last season we slagged Chilwell and Barnes off so many times, purely because their understanding and connection with each other was absolutely garbage. Tonight though Barnes was so influential for a number of reasons, Justin was poor defensively but he was so good going forward tonight, his understanding with Barnes was far better than what we saw with Chilwell last season. 

Praet also played a major role too, his movement off the ball was top class, he was drifting into dangerous spaces where he could pick the ball up, link with other players or cross it into dangerous areas. Another reason why the connection between the players, especially on the left side was so good tonight.

Youri completely ran the show, this is the Youri Tielemans we saw when we signed him on loan, his passing range tonight was orgasmic. Mendy put in another excellent shift, what impressed me the most though was his discipline, after he got booked it’s so easy for a DM to go into hiding and get overrun in midfield; however he was still getting about the pitch and timed his interceptions and tackles to perfection.

And finally Timmy Castagne, two starts, two excellent performances, like Justin on the left, his desire tonight to get forward was exceptional, two assists again and his intelligent play when in the final third is a joy to watch.

It’s so hard to separate Barnes, Praet, Castagne and Tielemans for the MOTM award tonight, all four are worthy of that claim.

Now I’m off to ejaculate over Youri’s pass :thumbup:

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Only place I've been where Stella is the weakest beer available

Yeah I went to Brugge for a weekend drinking the standard 8% beer all afternoon and was celebrating a Friday night win against West Ham and it was only half time absolutely bladderated 😂

11 minutes ago, kingfox said:

So many positives tonight, but they key factor for me was the understanding between the players, especially when going forward.

Last season we slagged Chilwell and Barnes off so many times, purely because their understanding and connection with each other was absolutely garbage. Tonight though Barnes was so influential for a number of reasons, Justin was poor defensively but he was so good going forward tonight, his understanding with Barnes was far better than what we saw with Chilwell last season. 

Praet also played a major role too, his movement off the ball was top class, he was drifting into dangerous spaces where he could pick the ball up, link with other players or cross it into dangerous areas. Another reason why the connection between the players, especially on the left side was so good tonight.

Youri completely ran the show, this is the Youri Tielemans we saw when we signed him on loan, his passing range tonight was orgasmic. Mendy put in another excellent shift, what impressed me the most though was his discipline, after he got booked it’s so easy for a DM to go into hiding and get overrun in midfield; however he was still getting about the pitch and timed his interceptions and tackles to perfection.

And finally Timmy Castagne, two starts, two excellent performances, like Justin on the left, his desire tonight to get forward was exceptional, two assists again and his intelligent play when in the final third is a joy to watch.

It’s so hard to separate Barnes, Praet, Castagne and Tielemans for the MOTM award tonight, all four are worthy of that claim.

Now I’m off to ejaculate over Youri’s pass :thumbup:

If his name was James Rodriguez we would never hear the end of how good that pass was from sky. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

Yeah I went to Brugge for a weekend drinking the standard 8% beer all afternoon and was celebrating a Friday night win against West Ham and it was only half time absolutely bladderated 😂

Been there twice and still can't remember much about it. Apparently a really nice town.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Harshest call of the night has to be the commentator  saying Mendy was brought in to replace Kante and had not filled his boots no pressure then

Don't know about that. When Keown said "leicester are really struggling to get past their own third" I thought he was actually taking the P

• Like 2

Really good performance against a team who are notoriously difficult to play against despite them being a very limited side and having a few key players missing. Castagne was fantastic again and Tielemans and Praet ran the midfield. Mendy had a good game as well and is showing that it was the right decision to give him a new deal as he is a decent squad player for us. Justin did well going forward and linked well with Barnes (who also had a great game) but really needs to work on his defensive side. Adding Evans, Madders, Ricardo and Cengiz to this side and we are looking good. We still need another cb and left back would be fantastic but I think we are looking good despite alot of people being disappointed with our transfer window. I've said all along that I'd rather wait and get the right players than rush early in the window and sign wage drainers like Silva (i know we signed Silva late in the window)and Slimani. Castagne  looks a fantastic signing and I feel Cengiz could be the final piece in our attack but even if it doesn't work out we can send him back to Roma. Things are looking good. 

Edited by jayfox26