Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

8 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Very good team performance, standouts for me, Castagne, Justin, Barnes, Cags and Praet. The only thing that got me worried were kaspers clearances and the square dilly dallying across the back. But another solid performance against a tricky Burnley side.   Assuming it was SD who was heard shouting “put your fvcking foot in”. lol

Not sure if I 100% agree there, fella. 

Justin looked good going forward but you’ll have to admit, a bit uncertain at the back. Needs to be stronger on a cross - too easy to get goal side of him on this occasion. Normally he’s quite good on the cover but it’s usually on the deck not in the air. I also thought Cags could have been more dominant - particularly in those last ten minutes or so when Vydra seemed to be walking through the defence. I’d like him to step into the space more too. He’s shown on occasions some really good distribution. 

However - what a great 3 points! Thought Barnes and Castagne were sublime.

Just putting it out there.... Tielemans has looked better whilst Maddison has been sidelined. He’s top class when he gets on the ball and further up the pitch. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Great result Justin needs to improve defensively 

I thought he was our weakest link tonight and a big part of the two goals conceded. 

also we got sloppy again at times, a la post lockdown.

offensively though I thought we looked great  

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Great? How good were we then.

We were very good. Not brilliant. Shaky when they lumped balls Into the box - especially as they isolated big players against Justin - but we were good. But at no point did I feel they were out of it. I just think they take a pile of abuse for being honest and committed. That they play a brand of football that many find dull misses the point. 

• Like 1

Offensively very strong, defensively a bit shakey - but to be expected with 2/4 of our starting back 4 out, so can only get better. 

Great performances from all, with Barnes MOTM with Tielemans and Castagne a close second.

Great to have some competition in midfield, don’t think madders should just walk back in, especially for Man City should have to fight for his position back off Praet and can be the difference maker off the bench for now.

Boring boring Leicester :ph34r:

That was a very enjoyable watch, we seem to have our attacking mojo back! Castagne has made all the difference to that. JJ was obviously a target for them to exploit with their height, and switched off for the set play, but I thought overall he did well. With Ünder to come in, and Ricardo to come back in, Evans on his way back, and hopefully another centre half on the way in, hopefully the doom and gloom after the tail end of last season will fade away. We have a great first eleven, and hopefully will have better depth by the end of the window, with European football to come. Not expecting anything from the Etihad next week, but better to get it out of the way early. Plenty to be pleased about, and given the current climate we are all living in, that’s not to be sniffed at 🦊💙

• Like 3

Better than last season already in that we are coming out and playing from the beginning not taking a whole half nearly to get the tempo. Also glad to see heads didn't drop, they kept working and looking for more goals even when they were leading. Hopefully the disappointment of last season has been a big kick up the bum and not something any of them want to happen again. They really have turned it around in such a short space of time. A different team to post lockdown. 👏👏👏

• Like 2

Going forward we look great but a little unsteady at the back - to be expected with Ricardo and Evans to slot back in.

When everyone is fit our best team doesn’t include Fofana (hopefully), Justin, Mendy, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho, and Gray. Add Albrighton, Choudhury, Fuchs and Morgan into the mix and we’ve got a strong squad 

• Like 1

Justin was always going to have a rough ride tonight. Marking wood for the first goal was just basic stuff. He will learn. He can’t do anything about his size wood was always going to bully him. If we get a CB in before next week we can give Man City a game. We line up with that back 4 again and we’ll ship no end. 

Not moaning though. Enjoyed tonight. Pleased for Brendan and the lads. We look very exciting going forward. Tielemans is magic, Praet was awesome. Mendy solid enough. Castagne is just quality. Barnes was nice and direct again. Good stuff.

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Going forward we look great but a little unsteady at the back - to be expected with Ricardo and Evans to slot back in.

When everyone is fit our best team doesn’t include Fofana (hopefully), Justin, Mendy, Praet, Perez, Iheanacho, and Gray. Add Albrighton, Choudhury, Fuchs and Morgan into the mix and we’ve got a strong squad 

I wouldn't be hasty, Praet in particular has started the season great. The team, and players should have the jersey on merit and at the moment Praet is a first pick.

• Like 1

Excellent today but there are still times, a couple of through balls which were pretty easy passes, where you think he could do better. Just shows how good he can be. Really want him to to kick on. 

Edit: thought i was in Barnes thread but will leave it here. 

Edited by RowlattsFox