Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

do genuinely think we're better off without madders

One thing I noticed again today is sometimes he slows down the play and takes too many touches. 

Maybe he was running down the clock but often a pass was on to possibly score more goals.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Justin, Defo the new scapegoat now Chilwell has gone. Let's forget how he's a right back playing left back, a young lad who was playing league 1 not so long ago. Yes got brushed aside too easily for the 1st goal, but put in a decent performance all round.

Teilemans looks like he's flourishing in midfield without Maddison starting. He's controlling the tempo and playing some lovely stuff. Good to have true competition in the middle, will be a bit disappointed if Madders walks back into the team without having to up his game.

Castagne looks as good as Ricardo both defensively and going forward, be interesting to see if he's shifted left when Ricardo is back and if he's as effective.

This could be Barnes' season, may find himself with an England cap before the season is out.

Perez looked like a man who knows his position in the team is under threat (no pun intended) 

Somehow, although we looked a little sloppy at times much like we did last season post lockdown, there's a different feel, we seem to have our swag back, just hope it continues.

Don’t think anyone’s making him

the scapegoat, unless I’ve missed the post. Think most (if not all) would agree that he was at some part to blame for the goals conceded.

Scapegoat in my opinion would be blaming someone unfairly, I’m not sure that’s incorrect on today’s performance.

Though you’ve have some valid reasons why it was tough for Justin, here’s hoping he won’t get brushed off the ball quite so easily next time 🤞

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not wanting to state the obvious....a skillful and visionary player...goes without saying!!!

We need to get hold of the game and put it to bed, he does not do this and he is the person in the position to do so.

You suggesting his influence isn’t there on the pitch so he should be dropped ? 

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Youri does not have the ability to take control of the game!!!

Too often the games become open and we have just as much chance of scoring as the opposition. Burnley came back into the game when they should have been out of the picture and with better finishing it could easily have been a draw. Youri just does not have the authority on the pitch to take the sting out of games and control the match, he will have to quickly learn this as Rodgers chose him as his mouthpiece on the pitch.

You are taking the piss I assume? Or did you miss tonight's game which Youri controlled for pretty much the entire game? He was excellent tonight. I'm not sure what more he could have done?!

• Like 1

Just now, turkish14 said:

Don’t think anyone’s making him

the scapegoat, unless I’ve missed the post. Think most (if not all) would agree that he was at some part to blame for the goals conceded.

Scapegoat in my opinion would be blaming someone unfairly, I’m not sure that’s incorrect on today’s performance.

Though you’ve have some valid reasons why it was tough for Justin, here’s hoping he won’t get brushed off the ball quite so easily next time 🤞

Spot on sir :appl:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah component against Fulham and Burnley, I wouldn’t be so sure against tougher opposition.

We shipped 2 could’ve easily been 3 at home against a team not know for their scoring prowess.

I can”t wait to see Ndidi back in his natural position once Evans is back.

He was fantastic against Fulham. 😂Did OK against West Brom too 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

One thing I noticed again today is sometimes he slows down the play and takes too many touches. 

He's been like it all year, also the main reason why he's on target for a year with no assist because by the time he's had his quota of touches the chance has gone. He's got a long way to go, has he got the desire to get there or does he think he's already there?

• Like 1

Excellent.

Amazing how fun we can be to watch when we actually play attacking, positive football moving forward!

First half of WBA was abit meh and thought nothing had changed but the 2nd half of that game and the whole 90 today has excited me again, it's easy to say that having won both games but for balance many times even when we won last season I thought performances and style were questionable, we've only played WBA and Burnley but they're games when we've struggled in the past to break teams down but we played attacking, exciting, took the game to them and it was positive!

Next week will be a test of how much we learnt and took out of last season, we'll need to play with caution of course but there is no reason why we can't play positive football against them and certainly do not be scared of them.

Onwards.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Justin will have easier games

Wood is a big c**t & bullies bigger defenders than Justin.

He's still young & only played a handful of PL games

I’m not having that the first goal was legit anyway, absolute bullshit that it was allowed to stand.

Handball and GBH, wood should be banged up right now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Mendy is more meh than good. 

The last couple of seasons I'd have said Shïte, still hasn't done enough to reach good. If he's playing next week we are struggling, he's only there because Wolf is filling in at CB. 

Wow bad shout 🤔

• Like 3

Clear Castagne is a big upgrade on Chilwell, Tielemens has been really at it so far and loving Barnes simply terrifying defenders. Lots of positives with Evans & Ricardo to return. If we can land a quality centre back we are in a good place, even though more challenging games to come. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Let’s see if his effectiveness disappears when Maddison walks back into team displacing the excellent Praet and forces Tielemans to play second fiddle. Hopefully Rodgers makes the right call and keep Praet, Tielemans and Mendy. They are the right mix and unfortunately Maddison needs to wait on the bench longer in my opinion - but is Rodgers tough enough to make this call?

Well I think it's a nice problem to have. Maddison was handed the second best contract at the club in the summer and for me seems like the man Rodgers has his eyes on as being the Coutinho of our team. Rodgers turned Coutinho from Inter Milan reject to the best player in the league before he left and it wouldn't surprise me if he turns Maddison into a superstar. I know what you are saying, but don't forget that at the start of last season, Maddison was as good as anyone in both our team and the league, it's just a shame he (and everyone else) fell off a cliff.

We are going to have 50-60 games this season, from December to February we play every 3 days! There has never been a season like it in terms of volume of games to play in such a short period of time. For me one of the most encouraging things to see is that players that will probably be squad options have stepped in and done well; Mendy, Praet, JJ and probably Perez now that Under has signed. We know Nacho, Fuchs and Albrighton are reliable, Choudhury is always keen and some of the young guns look promising. We are going to need them all over the course of the season. So perhaps Maddison comes in, perhaps he doesn't, but for me it's not a massive problem right now. Let's see what happens as the season goes on.

• Like 1

Good to see more players getting into the box at the start of this season. There were times when we went on our barren run last season when players stopped bombing forward and Vardy was left isolated. There seems a definite push to get more men in the box. Helped of course by Castagne's excellent forward play, he's playing like an extra winger at times and looks a great addition. 

I just hope we keep doing it when things aren't going so well.

• Like 1