Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

CITY V Burnley POST MATCH 4-2

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

I have no clue why on earth people are bashing Justin for both the goals tonight. The first one, Wood has had to foul Justin and handball it to score and for the second, Soyuncu missed his header in the first place. 

It’s not easy but I’d prefer Fuchs at left back

7 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

I think that JJ will be a great fullback in a couple of years. Fuchs at his best was a steady fullback.

If I remember rightly Chilwell got absolutely crucified against Mahrez last season at the Ethihad I’d just prefer Fuchs at left back next weekend he wouldn’t really need to get forward very often

Good performance overall, played some lovely stuff. Tough to pick between the Belgians and Barnes for MOTM, all superb and Mendy looked good again although a little untidy in places towards the end. Perez was disappointing aside from his work for the goal by Justin, who I thought got forward well but was a bit too weak for both goals despite arguably being fouled for the first. Bit of a concern how easily we were bypassed by a simple ball in behind the centre backs - a more capable team may well have taken advantage, but hopefully the return of Evans/the addition of a new CB will help to remedy that.

Quick word of faint praise for Burnley. I do still loathe them and they're a hateful team to watch but they're very awkward to play against and they pressed us a lot higher than I expected. Would be interesting to see how Dyche got on at a more forward-thinking club with a bit more money to chuck around or if grim, attritional hoofball is the sum of his ambitions as well.

18 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Can anyone actually see is going to 3/5 at the back? Because right now we are exiting. Just a shame we can’t head a ball in the sensible quarter. 

I could see us doing that as a tactic to try and surprise another team or to match up with a team that plays that way already. West Brom caught us off guard last week by playing 3 at the back when we expected 4 for example.

In the league, Wolves are the best team that play 3 at the back consistently. Last season we drew with them twice and honestly they should have won both games based on chances created. So I could see us trying something like that against them. It also depends on who is available and who is in / out of form. What if Barnes and Under are both injured / horribly out of form? Then perhaps it's a good system to switch over to. 

But in general I agree, all of our best performances tend to be 4141, bar maybe going 442 diamond against Villa away in the league. Our biggest weakness in that system was that the wingers didn't contribute enough goals given the chances we made... well Barnes is off the mark already and we just signed Cengiz Under... so it looks like we will be better than last season playing that way and are already putting in great performances with it.

26 minutes ago, casablancas said:

God, I love our new tactical gambit. “Alright lads, just out score the ****ers, dunna worry about defending... kaspers gotta earn his wedge this season.” ... “eerr, yah bos”

its pure genius. 

Straight out of the Barry Fry book of management.  I remember him saying in a pre-match interview once. ”I Don’t  care how many goals they score just as long as we score more than them!”.

Quality stuff.

47 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I have no clue why on earth people are bashing Justin for both the goals tonight. The first one, Wood has had to foul Justin and handball it to score and for the second, Soyuncu missed his header in the first place. 

No second one he needs to get in front of his man but I agree in the first goal. I like Justin anyway give him time he will be good. Get him in the gym if need be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Bang on re: Burnley. I'll never understand folk on here who expect them to come out and play Tiki Taka, plain daft. They play to their strenghths and in doing that punch way above their weight which should be comended.

I  agree Burnley are a credit  both for their support  and team when  you consider the size  and competition in the area  and  loyalty to the manager 

• Like 1

Thought we were well worth the win, we were good going forward a lot of the time and I think when Under comes in for Perez (who was my weak link, again) we will be noticeably better. Justin was good going forward but they definitely targetted him aerially and he was pretty weak. Barnes is not far off being a very good player. Tielemans looks like he's on his way back, he's a seriously talented player and I'd build our midfield around him, rather than Maddison, I think his ceiling is higher.

Castagne looks a very good buy.

I think like last week, we were up against individually a pretty poor team. Burnley are rarely easy, they're quite a unique side in this league, but they were missing so many first choice players, I can't get too carried away.

We needed the win though, 6 points out of 6, much needed after the end of last season.