Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Arsenal (H) Carabao Cup

9 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

The other argument against getting knocked out early is that this competition gives us the opportunity to give game time to our peripheral players: Ward, Gray,     Albrighton, Thomas etc. We never know when a run of injuries might come along and we need these players fit, motivated and ready.

It’s fourth priority at this stage of the competition, but still a competition it would be good to do well in. We need to drop this small club mentality that the squad can’t cope. 

Couldn't agree more.

An opportunity to test fringe players against the depth of one of the 'so called' top 6.

28 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Seems like it's on lcfc TV? Or is that just going to be audio? 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1837577/matchday-live-returns-with-three-foxes-legends-on-wednesday

Looks like just audio 

When the action gets underway on Filbert Way, the Blue Army can head over to LCFC Radio for live, minute-by-minute commentary. 

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I know a lot of people are worried about fixture pile up etc. but the lads should be able to play every 3 days considering they haven't played much football recently. 

I'm not advocating starting the likes of Ndidi, Vardy and Soy who we desperately can't lose to injury, but lets name as full strength as we can with a bit of rotation to those who haven't featured so far.

It's not the playing is the problem, It's the little Knocks,Kicks, Sprains etc that accumulate quickly because you don't have the time for them to heal fully between games. 

They take their toll then performances drop off. This is why you need a big squad if you want to compete on several fronts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I assume the LCFC website will have video coverage pre and post match with radio commentary in between as per usual.

Can't see them video streaming the game for free when it's a tenner on the Carabao Cup website.

That's how it reads to me. 

23 hours ago, Izzy said:

I’ll never understand this view.

Realistically we only have three chances this season to win something and we have a proud history in this competition.

Sure we’ll rotate but win the game and keep the momentum going.

I get what you say and I'd be all for going for it, if we didn't have the EL. We litterally limped over the finish-line last season with that squad, and certainly don't have the means to seriously take on 4 competitions.

I just don't think that this Cup is Rodgers's priority and he certainly won't go all out for it, because the short and long-term rewards (money, exposure...) for a good run in the EL and a high position in the league outweight those of the League Cup.

We'll see what he really thinks about it tonight.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Izzy said:

I’ll never understand this view.

Realistically we only have three chances this season to win something and we have a proud history in this competition.

Sure we’ll rotate but win the game and keep the momentum going.

I see where you are coming from but also like with anything in life you have to prioritise. We all want lots of things but we need to see what's most important first. For us it's the Europa League and Premier league. Everything else is a nice to have simply because we do not have the squad to be competitive in all competitions. 

I would much rather go out of the carabou Cup in the first round than have any of our starting 11 injured whilst playing in it. 

Ward

Daley-cambell   Wes     Knight     Thomas

Choudhury

KDH                 Maddison

Gray                                            Albrighton

Ihneacho

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Just read on an Arsenal fans site, they hope they will lose. Looks like depends on which club wants to lose the most

Think there is something in this. Their second string is perhaps better than ours though. Suspect the match will have something of a training excercise feel to it.

Is it worth a tenner?

The game is not being shown on TV in the UK, but can be streamed via the Carabao Cup website carabaocup.live. A Match pass costs £10 and gives access to full-HD streams and live audio commentary.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Is it worth a tenner?

The game is not being shown on TV in the UK, but can be streamed via the Carabao Cup website carabaocup.live. A Match pass costs £10 and gives access to full-HD streams and live audio commentary.

Of course its not. Football shouldn't be on a pay per view basis when I've already paid for BT, Sky and a season ticket. 

That being said I still will pay it! What else are you going to do on a cold Wednesday night? 

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Think there is something in this. Their second string is perhaps better than ours though. Suspect the match will have something of a training excercise feel to it.

Far from it, A lot of our lads have something to prove as I'm sure some of the Arsenal lads do also.

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Of course its not. Football shouldn't be on a pay per view basis when I've already paid for BT, Sky and a season ticket. 

That being said I still will pay it! What else are you going to do on a cold Wednesday night? 

Watch it on LCFC for free, I believe.

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I would gladly pay when the alternative is listening to Stringer. You couldn't pay me to listen to him waffle.