Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Arsenal (H) Carabao Cup

Carabao Cup matches available to watch live

All Round Two, Three and Four fixtures available on Sky Sports or online

14 September 2020

Large

Every Carabao Cup Round Two, Three and Four match will be available to watch live on Sky Sports or online in September, whilst access to matches remains restricted to supporters.

Four matches will be broadcast live on Sky Sports from each round, with Round Two’s live TV games confirmed as: 

Tuesday 15 September

Burton Albion v Aston Villa - 7:45pm

Wednesday 16 September 

West Bromwich Albion v Harrogate Town - 6pm 

Everton v Salford City - 8:15pm 

Thursday 17 September 

Brighton & Hove Albion v Portsmouth - 7:45pm 

Fixtures that are not scheduled for TV will be streamed online on the following basis in the UK only: 

• EFL Club vs EFL Club – streamed on iFollow or club equivalent service 
  • EFL Club vs Premier League Club – streamed on carabaocup.live
  • Premier League Club vs Premier League Club – streamed on carabaocup.live 

Matches will be available to purchase on an individual match pass price of £10. Season ticket holders will be required to purchase a match pass for Carabao Cup fixtures. 

From the Carabao Cup Quarter-Finals onwards, all matches will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.  

This would be a good time to give Maddison a start and improve his fitness, though I'd be looking to pull him after about an hour.  Apart from that, get gametime for the guys who need it - Albrighton, Gray, Ienhacho, Hamza.  The backline is a problem - it'd be nice to have Fuchs and Benkovic in there but if neither are healthy enough, I guess you have to play Justin and probably Soyuncu.

19 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

This would be a good time to give Maddison a start and improve his fitness, though I'd be looking to pull him after about an hour.  Apart from that, get gametime for the guys who need it - Albrighton, Gray, Ienhacho, Hamza.  The backline is a problem - it'd be nice to have Fuchs and Benkovic in there but if neither are healthy enough, I guess you have to play Justin and probably Soyuncu.

100% starting tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Arsenal will probably also chuck in their development team. Wouldn't mind something like

Albrighton/Iheanacho/Gray

Hamza/Knight/Maddison

Thomas/Soyuncu/Morgan/Justin

With Dewsbury-Hall to come off the bench for Hamza if we're falling behind or Maddison if we're winning.

They have a squad of decent players ....... they dont need to play their development squad 

players who have only had one outing thus far

willock, Luiz, Saka, AMN, kolasinac, elneny, Nketiah, Pepe 

players who have had less than 3 halves thus far

willian, cebellos,

they will look stronger than us tomorrow 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They have a squad of decent players ....... they dont need to play their development squad 

players who have only had one outing thus far

willock, Luiz, Saka, AMN, kolasinac, elneny, Nketiah, Pepe 

players who have had less than 3 halves thus far

willian, cebellos,

they will look stronger than us tomorrow 

That's sort of what I meant, in that they have a lot of great youth players in their squad who will probably start.

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Play the kids. The sooner we're out of it, the better.

I’ll never understand this view.

Realistically we only have three chances this season to win something and we have a proud history in this competition.

Sure we’ll rotate but win the game and keep the momentum going.

• Like 4

I think we can make a pretty decent X1 without tiring anyone out. 
Madison we know will start, could do with Ndidi having a run around in his DM role before Man City.

Justin will probably be back in the bench when Ricardo returns. 
Iheanacho, Gray and Albrighton all need game time.Praet will possibly get rotated with Madison as he steps up his return. 
That gives us a pretty good midfield and forward line without overworking anyone.

I really don’t get anyone wanting us to lose, the management will know exactly where everyone is at and what they need in terms of match practise and fitness. 
If we get a win here and Liverpool play the kids we could find ourselves in a QF with Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea or Spurs already out. 

Give it a go, football is about winning trophies! 
If we win it we go into the new European Conference, we would have to be one of the favourites to win that and I don’t care if it’s a third tier European competition! Seeing us win something like that would be amazing!!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Has Matty James forgotten to turn up for the season, and no one’s realised?

Did he play in any preseason games? I was hoping he’d at least go out on loan and get some games under his belt. Anyone know his injury situation?

I am a bit torn with this one. The league cup is obviously really important, but I wouldn't want our form in the league or Europa cup to suffer as a result. Saying that, I think momentum is so important for us, and if we don't get the teams right we could be in danger of losing two games in a row. Looking ahead it seems Arsenal have Liverpool at the weekend, so at least they are in a similar position to us in that they have a tough match immediately after. 

I think I would go for:

Ward

Castagne Morgan Cags Fuchs

Wilf

Gray Maddison KDH Albrighton

Nacho 

Subs Thomas Hamza Barnes