Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Arsenal (H) Carabao Cup

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

U23's play Everton tonight so will be telling what sort of team we might put out on Wednesday if Beaglehole doesn't try and pick some of the fringe players like KDH and Thomas. 

If the first team doesn't come first priority than this club is doomed. If we don't prioritize the league and Europe than Rodgers might as well pack his bags and leave because we'll have nothing in the tank at seasons end again. My hate for Beaglehole grows stronger by the day. :mad: Let's hope I'm just being a drama queen.

14 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Seriously don't know why everyone is convinced that two weeks in a year with no preseason teams are going to chuck their u23s into this competition,

Injuries happen in training, too. Especially since Rodgers trains full-speed 

Rodgers has said he needs to utilise his squad so it'll be fringe players and U23's like KDH and Thomas.

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

The other argument against getting knocked out early is that this competition gives us the opportunity to give game time to our peripheral players: Ward, Gray,     Albrighton, Thomas etc. We never know when a run of injuries might come along and we need these players fit, motivated and ready.

It’s fourth priority at this stage of the competition, but still a competition it would be good to do well in. We need to drop this small club mentality that the squad can’t cope. 

Whoever Rodgers puts out there I'll support 100%. If it's just a academy players than so be it. Always happy to watch the kids develop under pressure. Sad that we don't have a larger and deeper squad to compete like the big clubs yet. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Arsenal will be a harder game than Liverpool. Just go far as we can whilst resting who we need to, deliberately going out is for helmet clubs. 

Ward

Justin Soyuncu Morgan Thomas

Praet Choudhury

Under Maddison Gray

Iheanacho

That’s strong and rests Mendy and Ndidi who we can’t really afford to lose currently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

The other argument against getting knocked out early is that this competition gives us the opportunity to give game time to our peripheral players: Ward, Gray,     Albrighton, Thomas etc. We never know when a run of injuries might come along and we need these players fit, motivated and ready.

It’s fourth priority at this stage of the competition, but still a competition it would be good to do well in. We need to drop this small club mentality that the squad can’t cope. 

Except right now the squad can’t cope.

Thoughts...

1.  I will never root for Leicester City to lose.  That being said,

2.  I think this is a perfect opportunity for Brendan to expand the experience of the squad a bit.  Judiciously mix in some youngsters.  Perhaps Thomas, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall?  Brendan's the manager, he will find a good fit for the team.

3.  Have a couple of impact veterans on the bench in case the match is close and needs seeing out or winning.

If we field youngsters and lose, I will be disappointed but understanding.

In Brendan I trust.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I know a lot of people are worried about fixture pile up etc. but the lads should be able to play every 3 days considering they haven't played much football recently

I'm not advocating starting the likes of Ndidi, Vardy and Soy who we desperately can't lose to injury, but lets name as full strength as we can with a bit of rotation to those who haven't featured so far.

Is the sport science not directly against this, and going from nothing to an awful lot is when you risk injury the most? I don't know, just asking the question..

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Arsenal will be a harder game than Liverpool. Just go far as we can whilst resting who we need to, deliberately going out is for helmet clubs. 

Ward

Justin Soyuncu Morgan Thomas

Praet Choudhury

Under Maddison Gray

Iheanacho

That’s strong and rests Mendy and Ndidi who we can’t really afford to lose currently.

Under supposedly is unavailable, and personally I would rest Soyuncu and rather play Fuchs or Benkovic (if available) in his stead.

45 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

they just played arsenal as well. Game should go ahead though.

We should make sure the players stay as far away as possible - no handshakes or chummy chats and the backroom team mustn’t be shaking hands or tapping elbows - there is no reason to have any contact.  
imagine vardy, cags and Youri missing sundays game and the following ten days of training ..... no unnecessary risks please !!!,