Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Arsenal (H) Carabao Cup

26 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Good point re Evans, if he is available might be an idea to shake off some rust in this game rather than go straight into Man City away. Benkovic if fit with Amartey and Thomas at FB would mean no Fuchs, maybe a back 3/5.

Ward

Amartey

Evans

Morgan or Benkovic

Fuchs

Thomas

Choudhury

Dewsbury-Hall

Under

Nacho

Gray

BR already stated Madison will start.

Here's the team that I'd select. Ideally wouldn't play Cags but not sure we have a choice, unless we risked Fuchs as a CB with Morgan. Think Fuchs can play as a CB in a 5 but not a 4.

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Cags

Thomas

Hamza

KDH

Under

Maddison

Albrighton

Ian

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Ward

Big Dan     Morgan   Benko/ Fuchs   Thomas     
                            Hamza 

Under      Madders         KDH      Albrighton    
                              Ian 

I don't think Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans, Castagne, Cags or Vardy should play. We cannot afford for them to not play against Man City. I think Madders needs more game time and Barnes maybe should play for a while to keep his momentum and confidence growing. I definitely think we should play Hamza, Kelechi, Albrighton and Gray and give them some game time. I think Brendan has already said he will play some of the youngsters too. 

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Is it on the telly? 

For those with the right equipment:

English League Cup - 3rd Round

Leicester City v Arsenal

ST: 19:45

Arena Sport 2 HD Serbia

Arena Sport 3 HD Croatia

beIN Connect FRANCE 📺

beIN Connect MENA 📺

beIN Sports France 1 HD

beIN Sports MENA 1 HD

beIN Sports MENA 13 HD

MATCH! TV / HD

Stöd 2 Sport 2 / HD

SuperSport MáXimo 1 (rsa)

SuperSport Premier League (rsa)

V Sport 1 HD (norge)

ViaPlay (denmark) / HD

ViaPlay (norway) / HD

ViaPlay (sweden) / HD

I don't particularly care about the League Cup this season, and think it's not worth risking players on. While there is part of me that thinks you should always aim to win anything you can, realistically this has to be the lowest priority of any competition we are involved with.

That said, I do think it's an early test of our ability to manage squad rotation across the coming season. It's easy to say we should play the kids and the old men because the result doesn't really matter, but we are going to need those kids and old men to drop in and out throughout the season, and we need players to get accustomed to playing more.

Don't get the negativity around the League Cup. It's a competition with resonance for our club and we should respect that. 

OK, it's likely to be a busy season,  but we've finally got a decent squad and it's not that much of an extra workload to potentially win something significant. 

Success breeds success and gives players not automatically in the first X1 a good chance to show their quality. 

• Like 1

I can never subscribe to the sentiment that I “can’t be arsed about this trophy”. Leicester City’s honours over their entire 136 year history read: 1 PL title and 3 League Cups. I was at Hillsborough for the win against Middlesbrough and at Wembley for the win against Tranmere and wouldn’t swap those moments for anything - other than perhaps the Andrea Boccelli stuff in 2016.

For practical purposes I’d pick a fringe team with the likes of Thomas and Ward included. I’d also use it to get fitness into the legs of players like Maddison, but I’d still pick a well balanced side.

I get it’s not the priority and would approach it in that way, but will still be disappointed if we lose just like any LCFC game. We can start getting all ‘Billy Big Bollocks’ about it when we’ve put a few more trophies in the cabinet. 

• Like 2

Ward

Castagne - Amartey - Knight - Thomas

Hamza

Maddison - KDH

Ünder - Iheanacho - Albrighton

Get Ünder some game time if he's available. RB could easily be changed, but I'd put Castagne there so that we can start building that partnership on the right in a low-pressure game. Presumably they both speak some Italian so that could help. Amartey at CB if fit - he's been excellent there for his country before his injury, and if he can get back up to 100% he'd definitely help with our depth issues at CB. Maddison to continue his recovery with a longer stint, then swapped out for Tavares at the hour mark. Decent attacking trio which should put a presumably young Arsenal back line under some pressure.

Obviously a win would be nice, but the result is pretty inconsequential - we've got more important things to focus on this season and the LC draw hasn't been kind to us. Decent blend of first-team/experienced players along with promising youth prospects, and hopefully a few of the youngsters can play themselves into solid loan deals.

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Under isn't available for Wednesday and Madders definitely starts according to BR. Benko clearly unfit for a period of time once again. Certain starters then would be Madders, Kelechi, Hamza, Luke, Albo, Wes, Ward, 

What’s the issue with Under?? 

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

I wouldn't play anyone who played tonight, other than maybe Wes. All the players that started shouldn't even be in the squad. This competition has zero importance to us this season.

Each competition is important....!!

You want to chase those aspirations now, so you can build a rythme for the present & near future.It is the beginning of the season.!!

We need to see , if the young wannabes  & fringe players,can bring something to this seasons table,or have a foxes future.

We need injured players to get real game time into their legs, also gives the manager time to expand ideas,

look on a couple of development players preperation then to see if ane can look at Plans A,B & C., thoughts

Keeps the Club & fans in a Happy mood if we can go on a small cup  run...!!

This is Profi football, one should also be Professional enough to compete in all games & competitions......

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2