Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

24 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I read conservative forums (both side of the story) and the overwhelming majority of the moderate conservatives rejected him after what happened post-election, a notable chunk way before that. The Capitol storming was an eye opener for many even if a little late.

However it's certainly the case for his die-hard supporters. He's exactly like them, unsecure, vindictive, intolerant, uneducated and proud of it, short-sighted, vulgar (tells it like it is), amoral, and reached a god-like status among them. They worship him because in their wrecked mind, they think that one of them reached the Holy Grail and was shot down by the establishment for that.

They just forget that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, never earned his money and more importantly, that he couldn't care less about them. They'll never recognize Biden as their President and I bet that a couple of them is going to try something funny in the next months or years. The GOP is absolutely screwed though if he decides to create his own party.

Or you get what has happened here and the supposedly reasonable face of Conservatism becomes more and more like the very people they once distanced themselves from. 

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Or you get what has happened here and the supposedly reasonable face of Conservatism becomes more and more like the very people they once distanced themselves from. 

The american conservatives aren't a homogenous block. You find a bit of everything in there, the hard fiscal and social ones, the fiscal conservative but on the liberal side when it comes to social policy, etc. You can engage a debate with them even if you don't agree with their views, they do respect the democratic game and you can have with them a polite, civil discussion.

I'm still baffled that in this day and age one live in one of the supposed most advanced countries, can be offended by gay marriage or being hell-bent against abortion right, but yeah... I'll never agree with them on many points especially the social ones but I'm still trying to understand where they come from and why they hold such views.

The Trumpers are on a whole other level though. Absolute lunatics with a victim complex and a siege mentality, literally living in Lalaland, promoting one batshit crazy conspiracy theory after another, and with whom it's simply impossible to have any kind of conversation. They're infecting the conservative forums since they're gradually banned from every forum and turn everything they touch into a cesspit.

I know one thing, they're not going anywhere, they are many, they're now unhinged and they're bad news for the US for years to come.

• Like 1

Anyone wonder what shit (possible literally) Trump has left in the White House? Anyone reckon he's just not given a shit about anything after last week and left it a total mess? It would be highly typical and portray how he's left the US, ironically... 

What are the actual chances of Trump going to jail? Im sure its very unlikely but there seems to be so many charges waiting in the wings. He was advised not to pardon himself as it would make him look guilty but im really hoping he gets what he deserves

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Anyone wonder what shit (possible literally) Trump has left in the White House? Anyone reckon he's just not given a shit about anything after last week and left it a total mess? It would be highly typical and portray how he's left the US, ironically... 

They've ordered a 50k deep clean.... so some really bad shit i'd imagine lol 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

• Haha 3

It ended as it started , with lies or "alternative realities" , Trump destroyed what ever legacy he could of had because regardless of his politics he was unable to tell the truth.  He was one of those bullshit people we have meet in life.  its scary how many Americans well fooled into "stop the steal"...he was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, it was at least entertaining for a while! but the whole election fraud lies showed a darker side  , Good riddance Trump   

Edited by jamfox

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Did ITV's correspondent just say that some online Trump supporters believe Biden to be a hologram? 

Bill Clinton is a clone , and Bill Gates is a lizard from space lacing vaccines with tracking devices...   They probably do  

52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They've ordered a 50k deep clean.... so some really bad shit i'd imagine lol 

If my experience at work is anything to go by, pan discipline starts to decline exponentially from age 50, and is accelerated by poor lifestyle.

It's going to cost 50 grand just to unblock the bogs