Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

Trump just represents that seedy, unclassy, tacky, insane and dangerous side of America that will stick to them indefinitely. The blokes a maniac with the mental capacity comparable to that of a petulant toddler. The fact he even got to the stage of being president is both embarrassing, shocking and frightening. The man hasn’t an ounce of politics in him, unless it’s to ruin international relations and just act bizarrely in the light of the media.

I don’t really know much about Biden, but there’s half a chance he hasn’t a big red button in his bedroom that he is gagging to press.

Trump can go back to affairs, cameo appearances in films and just being an odd looking old bellend now, but without yielding the heaviest sword in the world. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

I don't think much of Biden tbf.

I'm by far not an expert in US politics but my impression is that the only thing going for him was that he wasn't Trump. In normal times and without Covid he'd have lost this election. It will be normal service being resumed and I'm more interested in Harris, because imo she was the Dems real bet and I doubt that Biden will be able to physically go until the end of his mandate.

This is who our president should be instead of Hillary the II(Harris). There's plenty more on youtube. Unfortunately the Dems bounced her out of the debates so they could run Biden and Harris. If Biden goes full on dementia and she becomes President .....I cant even think about it.

2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I wouldn't say either of them are far right tbf. Trump is close but I wouldn't say he is. 

He only worked on his last campaign with a bloke quoted as saying Fauci, the US lead on coronavirus and the FBI director should be beheaded. 

Who can forgot Trump’s very public support of Roy Moore too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He only worked on his last campaign with a bloke quoted as saying Fauci, the US lead on coronavirus and the FBI director should be beheaded. 

Who can forgot Trump’s very public support of Roy Moore too. 

What do you define as far right? Honest question. For me its where you install policies that grant a completly neo liberal economy and where laws are put into place that in no uncertain terms clearly makes one race have more power than the other. At least something along those lines. Trumps and Johnsons policies are right wing but not far right. Endorsing the death penalty isn't far right btw. 

Edited by Fightforever

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Boris is a centre right libertarian. 

The frothing, democracy-denying FBPE'ers think he's far right because he got behind Brexit.

I personally am not a fan of the tories or brexit but they certainly aren't far right. Complete and utter lies to put Boris and Hitler on the same part of the political spectrum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Holy cow he's about 4 tweets from arming the nukes wtf. lol

HA Ha Now thats a football.........The :devil:"Nuclear Football"

39 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Climate change is by far the most important issue of the 21st century. The removal of Trump might help with slowing things down. I never felt comfortable with a climate change denier in the White House. (That to me is the most important thing, but I could give you many reasons I am happy he's gone)

This. Amazed, as I always am, that more people don't get this.

As for me, I stick by what I have said before - no exultance, just profound, exhausted relief. Hopefully the Dems can win at least a deadlock in the Senate come the Georgia runoff in January.

Biden wouldn't have been my first choice, nor even my tenth. But the simple fact is that the Dems are ready to at least try to do something about by far the most important problem facing the entire world and the Repubs were not.That's enough of a difference for me on its own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

What do you define as far right? Honest question. For me its where you install policies that grant a completly neo liberal economy and where laws are put into place that in no uncertain terms clearly makes one race have more power than the other. At least something along those lines. Trumps and Johnsons policies are right wing but not far right. Endorsing the death penalty isn't far right btw. 

Trump has consistently utilised staff with backgrounds in far right journalism and politics. He refused to condemn a far right group on the first presidential debate. He’s supported other politicians who’ve got strong links to white nationalists. He’s openly questioned the nationality of fellow politicians.

His reaction to events such as ‘Unite the Right’ were non existent. With the use of ICE, he’s demonised immigrants and stripped children from parents. We had the Muslim ban. We had the border wall. There’s a Republician QAnon member in the house whose a variety of comments are alarming 

We’ve seen his nomination of the Supreme Court passed - a judge whose strongly anti choice on abortion. He’s used numerous pardons to officers and military in a case of racial stereotyping. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Did he even have it in the first place?

We’ll probably never really know. I don’t think he or his doctors can be trusted sufficiently to discount that it was all just a stunt, particularly with the final scene with him ripping off the mask. Whatever Trump says is just noise and should be discounted in the search for actual facts and truth.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Trump has consistently utilised staff with backgrounds in far right journalism and politics. He refused to condemn a far right group on the first presidential debate. He’s supported other politicians who’ve got strong links to white nationalists. He’s openly questioned the nationality of fellow politicians.

His reaction to events such as ‘Unite the Right’ were non existent. With the use of ICE, he’s demonised immigrants and stripped children from parents. We had the Muslim ban. We had the border wall. There’s a Republician QAnon member in the house whose a variety of comments.

We’ve seen his nomination of the Supreme Court passed - a judge whose strongly anti choice on abortion. He’s used numerous pardons to officers and military in a case of racial stereotyping. 

You failed to answer my question. What do you consider as far right? This is an important question as it forms the basis for mutual understanding. 

He wansn't far right because his policies didn't directly call for the wiping of entire ethnic groups. He didn't take away the right to free speech in an attempt to make his own speech louder.

I don't want to defend him. I don't rate him at all. But putting him in the same box as Hitler is far too reactionary and screems recency bias.

He himself prehaps could have been a closet far right sympathizer. But the actions of him and his administration wasn't far right. His refusal to condemn the far right doesn't make his administration. His actions would give him such a label.

I have seen the actions of someone on the right wing from him not someone from the far right. A far right person wouldn't merely utilise some journalist they would take complete control of the media and set up propaganda that only spreaks well of him.

He would not refuse to condem far right groups he would give them a platform and support them if he was far right letting them act kill and destroy with impunity.

He wouldn't question the nationality of politicians becuase if he was far right he wouldn't allow other ploliticians with differnet views to exsist in his state. 

A far right leader doesn't demonise immigrants but kills them for daring enter his country for being in his eyes inferior.

A wouldn't say he is far right. My parents and lived under a far right dictatorship in yugoslavia and have very little family left due to the hatred by far right people and hatred by an indoctrinated racist people who have nothing but disgust for my ethnic group and many others sadly. I don't think trump is on that level.

He is bad and has facilitated the rise of the far right in america a catalyst made them think these opinions are justified since silence usually only helps the oppressor.  But to put him on the same level is Hitler, Mussolini and Milošević is just a lie.

We can agree to disagree but Trump needs to be much more extreme to gain the title of far right. Maybe if he attempts to form a dictatorship then we can start to consider him far right. Time will tell. The history books won't see him as far right though, not in his current form.

Edited by Fightforever
Typos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Far right regimes didn't start putting people in the ovens or chucking them out of helicopters right away, nor take over the media either - they spent a lot of time "othering" undesirables and making sure they would not be decisively challenged before doing so.

And, let's face it, a lot of "othering" went on.

Of course, "far right" does have a different definition for many different people. I wouldn't say myself that Trump was far-right in the same way as some of historys most notorious figures were in terms of deed, but then no one really wanted him to take the chance that he and his administration would be in the end, right?

Yes I can see the arguement he had the potential to become that. But his administration didn't commit the actions in order to do so nor did they commit anything befitting of such during their tenure. He wouldn't be able to and my opnion I don't think he wanted to or could. The republican party and the Lincon foundation would have run riot before he ever could have. Even while he has his hissy fit now the secret service are probably putting a contingency place for deal with him not leaving the white house. 

Just now, leicsmac said:

Biden going for unity as the theme in his victory speech, as well as tackling the Covid pandemic. Obvious, but important.

Unity in america is like peace in the balkans. Just won't ever happen fully. Too many people banging the drums of war on both sides and a lack of common respect and understanding.

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

Yes I can see the arguement he had the potential to become that. But his administration didn't commit the actions in order to do so nor did they commit anything befitting of such during their tenure. He wouldn't be able to and my opnion I don't think he wanted to or could. The republican party and the Lincon foundation would have run riot before he ever could have. Even while he has his hissy fit now the secret service are probably putting a contingency place for deal with him not leaving the white house. 

Fair to say.

I just know that there are a great many friends of mine in the US belonging to vulnerable groups that are breathing a sigh of relief today, even though there's much more to be done.

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Unity in america is like peace in the balkans. Just won't ever happen fully. Too many people banging the drums of war on both sides and a lack of common respect and understanding.

Maybe so, but the attempt has to be made. Most would be enough.

• Like 1