Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

I’m not sure whether “far right” is a reasonable category for Trump or not, because it would imply that he has any kind of political standpoint other than total and complete narcissism.

He’s certainly encouraged and enabled the far right though. And he’s a wannabe dictator. I’d put him more in a category with someone like Assad, only not as intelligent.

• Like 3

An interesting take on the polling from elsewhere:

"What the polls missed is the size of Trump's loyal following. In 2018, with Trump NOT on the ballot, the polls did just fine. In 2016 and especially 2020, they were off. Pollsters tend to think in terms of party/ideology is judging what they expect to see in the electorate. They were unprepared for a cult of personality."

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

An interesting take on the polling from elsewhere:

"What the polls missed is the size of Trump's loyal following. In 2018, with Trump NOT on the ballot, the polls did just fine. In 2016 and especially 2020, they were off. Pollsters tend to think in terms of party/ideology is judging what they expect to see in the electorate. They were unprepared for a cult of personality."

Yes the most frightening aspect of him in my opinion.

When supporters become devotees. When logic ceases and survitude begins. Tommorow there could be a recording released of him doing the most obscene things and his devotees would still not lose faith in him. Some might even see it as a smear campaign and give him more love. In their minds anything good he does is his benevolence and anything bad he does is his rivals framing him. 

It's easier to fool someone than it is to convice the same person that he has been fooled. There is the danger that there is no red line for these people where they think ok this man has gone too far.

Thats the problem with a cult, when a cult grows up it becomes a culture. That is what trump could possibly become in america a symbol for these people. 

To think trump and qanon will go away and the beliefs the along with them represents is a idiotic mistake. He might go but like minded people will replace him. 

Edited by Fightforever

11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Trump wil spend the next 4 years seeking dirt on biden to expose him and the dems for something. 

He also is preparing for Trump 2024.

He will now pardon himself and all of those who went to jail for him.

That only works for federal crimes. I'm sure there's some state officials - particularly NY ones - that would like a word with Don when he leaves the White House.

58 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That only works for federal crimes. I'm sure there's some state officials - particularly NY ones - that would like a word with Don when he leaves the White House.

Yes thats true, was just reading an article about the NY ones. To be honest i dont even care i'm just happy that it appears he will be leaving the presidency in January.

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

Climate change is by far the most important issue of the 21st century. The removal of Trump might help with slowing things down. I never felt comfortable with a climate change denier in the White House. (That to me is the most important thing, but I could give you many reasons I am happy he's gone)

It is an issue we will fail to grip too. When talking climate change there are some serious industrial companies that really need to be stopped, it’s alright talking about farming and cars etc. But when you’re draining the earth of its natural resources and tearing down forests to continue this things will only get worse. £€$ is going to be the biggest issue.... lots of very rich and very powerful people earn a living from butchering the planet... and the majority of it is in places where we bare no influence. But like you say, now trump is gone, there’s a chance the US will buy into it! 

• Like 2

This is just too funny lol

Keep on digging: Trump team holds press conference at suburban garden centre

Rudy Giuliani details strategy in the car park of Four Seasons Total Landscaping, a suspected mixup with Four Seasons hotel in Philadelphia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/08/the-other-four-seasons-trump-team-holds-press-conference-at-suburban-garden-centre

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Rudy Giuliani details strategy in the car park of Four Seasons Total Landscaping, a suspected mixup with Four Seasons hotel in Philadelphia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/08/the-other-four-seasons-trump-team-holds-press-conference-at-suburban-garden-centre

This something Terri Coverley would have arranged lol

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's probably a British trait that despite these being truly dreadful people, this actually made me feel a bit sorry for them

22 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think this pretty much sums it up from the BBC. It'll be a relief to see the back of the Trump show. Although I'm sure his Twitter account won't slow down for a while. 

Polish_20201108_083014298.png

This sounds like they're giving him credit and blaming the electorate for voting him out? 

7 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Yes I can see the arguement he had the potential to become that. But his administration didn't commit the actions in order to do so nor did they commit anything befitting of such during their tenure. He wouldn't be able to and my opnion I don't think he wanted to or could. The republican party and the Lincon foundation would have run riot before he ever could have. Even while he has his hissy fit now the secret service are probably putting a contingency place for deal with him not leaving the white house. 

You’d like to think so but I’m not so sure. Not many Republicans have called him out on not acknowledging the result of an election, which is a pretty far right thing for him to do.

Far right is fascism, and he does have fascist tendencies.

Fascism is not just about racism but the overbearing side of Nationalism (not Patriotism).

His lack of regard for those that have excellence in their fields, such as scientists and judges is a facist tendency.

Attacking any media outlets that don’t agree with him in the way he does is pretty facist too. You can bet he would ban all of those if he could.

It’s also about the company he keeps. As a previous poster mentioned, his former advisor Steve Bannon the other day called for the head of the FBI and Dr Fauci to be beheaded and their heads posted on spikes outside the White House as a warning to others that might oppose the president. You don’t get more right wing and facist than that.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

23 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You’d like to think so but I’m not so sure. Not many Republicans have called him out on not acknowledging the result of an election, which is a pretty far right thing for him to do.

Far right is fascism, and he does have fascist tendencies.

Fascism is not just about racism but Nationalism (not Patriotism).

His lack of regard for those that have excellence in their fields, such as scientists and judges is a facist tendency.

Attacking any media outlets that don’t agree with him in the way he does is pretty facist too. You can bet he would ban all of those if he could.

It’s also about the company he keeps. As a previous poster mentioned, his former advisor Steve Bannon the other day called for the head of the FBI and Dr Fauci to be beheaded and their heads posted on spikes outside the White House as a warning to others that might oppose the president. You don’t get more right wing and facist than that.

As far as I am aware Half his behind the scenes team are gone. The Lincon foundation was set up as a counter movment to trump.

American conservatism at its core wouldn't tolerate the far right. They hate the right to free speech, the right to bear arms and the consitution have you seen their muh consitution memes.

More likley they are just using trumps base so they can get elected since he is more popular than their other leaders.

To put about the idea trump is smart enough to form such a dictatorship to be honest baffles me. He just seems like a narcissistic manipulator that will say anything to appease his base more than a man hell bent on being the next Hitler. Becuase thats what the far right is Hitler, Milosevic and Mussolini. Not orange man

I could agree he has a few tendancies of someone who would like to be a dictator and has the potential to be become far right. But if I look back on those 4 years the history books won't consider it 4 years america being led by the far right. No mass depotations of non white etc.

As for him not listening to scientists that is less a facist agenda and more him thinking he knows better. Most narcissistic people they don't like being told what to do and want to find their own solutions because they think they are smart when they aren't. 

Him attacking the media doesn't mean shit unless he does something. That is the thing about trump he's all hot air he says a lot of things but rarley follows through like most attention seekers.

The fact you think he's far right probably means your quite far left on the political spectrum or there is an air of recency bias at play.

Its the actions he takes. Company doesn't say anything if you don't actually put policies across. His tenure was not far right. At most someone who was probably supporting them in the closet and didn't mind them too much. Which is shit don't get me wrong but not far right. 

In everyone one who has attempted to argue trump was far right not one of you have properly defined what the far right actually is. 

Edited by Fightforever

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

As far as I am aware Half his behind the scenes team are gone. American conservatitsm at its core wouldn't tolerate the far right. They hate the right to free speech, the right to bear arms and the consitution. To put about the idea trump is smart enough to form such a dictatorship to be honest baffles me. He just seems like a narcissistic manipulator that will say anything to appease his base more than a man hell bent on being the next Hitler. Becuase thats what the far right is Hitler, Milosevic and Mussolini. Not orange man

I could agree he has a few tendancies of someone who would like to be a dictator and has the potential to be become far right. But if I look back on those 4 years the history books won't consider it 4 years america being led by the far right. No mass depotations of non white etc.

As for him not listening to scientists that is less a facist agenda and more him thinking he knows better. Like most narcissistic people they don't like being told what to do and want to find their own solutions because they think they are smart when they aren't. 

Him attacking the media doesn't mean shit unless he does things. Thats the thing about trump he's all hot air he says alot of things but rarley follows through like most attention seekers. The fact you think he's far right probably means your quite far left on the political spectrum or there is an air of recency bias at play.

Its the actions he takes. Company doesn't say anything if you don't actually put policies across. His tenure was not far right. At most someone who was probably supporting them in the closet and didn't mind them too much. Which is shit don't get me wrong but not far right. They are hardly national front levels now are they?

You’re right in that he’d do it to just say votes, but he also believes that if he says all this stuff and rises enough rage against political opponents, occupations he doesn’t like etc, his supporters would do it for him eventually as part of a mob mentality. The key being on the eventually as it’s a gradual thing. That’s what people are worried about. How much it builds up.

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You’re right in that he’d do it to just say votes, but he also believes that if he says all this stuff and rises enough rage against political opponents, occupations he doesn’t like etc, his supporters would do it for him eventually as part of a mob mentality. The key being on the eventually as it’s a gradual thing. That’s what people are worried about. How much it builds up.

Yeah I've stated on here before that his cult like supporters are the biggest worry. Even if you get rid of trump what if who takes control of his base after is much worse. Then you have a real problem.

• Like 1