Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

1 hour ago, shen said:

Positives:

Maddison got some needed minutes

Dewsbury-Hall and Thomas didn't look terrible, but definitely not ready for first XI either. 

... that's it really... 

This has to be Gray's last chance though. He was woeful. I desperately want him to succeed, but that had similar hallmarks to the unacceptable Schlupp performance against Porto. He has to go - that would be best for both parties...

If gray decided to sit out his contract he'll be lucky if people remember him by the time he's free. His highlights reel will struggle for anything in a Leicester shirt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Don't know how people are so calm! Our best Chance of securing Europe again next season gone. Let's face it, winning the Europa league is a huge ask and we're not going to break the big spending 'top 6'. The FA cup is taken more serious by the bigger clubs so would be a big ask too. 

That was a disastrous performance and some of fringe players need a rocket up their arse! 

Poor all over the pitch, making 11 changes is always going to lead to a disjointed performance. I hope he takes the FA cup more seriously. 

Just a quick recap on how it is our best chance of securing Europe, and only one game before we get hammered by..... 

The winners of this cup for the last 3 yearsScreenshot_20200923_234813_com.mobilefootie.wc2010.thumb.jpg.3ef0ac99805f8cda4a0d461effcb69eb.jpgScreenshot_20200923_235017_com.mobilefootie.wc2010.thumb.jpg.3dc73956cef74c316ee3deff718e41cc.jpg3 more years to ruin the narrative 🤣Screenshot_20200923_235256_com.mobilefootie.wc2010.thumb.jpg.1ffc2d272cf2b13245101dbaafd35e3e.jpg

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I really don't understand that theory at all. Games like this where Iheanacho has an opportunity to start he should be busting a gut to show Rodgers he is worht giving more minutes.

You are right, but so is he. 

If nacho scored a hat trick against arsenal reserves, I for one would not be clamouring for Vardy to be dropped for him. 

Case closed your honour. Slim chance well and truly blown. 

Quite a lot of people talking like we've been knocked out by a league 2 team. We had a tough draw, and tonight showed our second string isn't as good as Arsenal's, but we've known about our lack of depth for a while. 

We'll play a stronger line up in Europe, against some worse teams, so don't get too worked up.

Edited by Fktf

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It does matter though, he's already nearly through a key developmental phase and he's barely played any top flight football. If he was 18 then fair enough but at nearly 23 he needs to get a lot of games somewhere to even stand half a chance and he could be 25 by the time that happens.

Why does it matter? He's showing that he can cope with this level of football now. Most of our PL winning team did not have much if any top flight experience at his age, so I fail to see your point.

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

What do you see as our typical EL lineup ?

Not many of the team tonight will get near it against decent opposition. Full strength back 4, maybe mendy in for ndidi, a rest for which ever of Barnes, Perez, Under needs it, rest for which ever of maddison, tielemanns, praet needs it, and maybe nacho over vardy.

Against weaker opposition we may see albrighton, choudary, third choice CB, and justin (assuming Ricardo is back fit).

There's options to rotate and still play a stronger team than tonight. The competition tonight was where the second string were supposed to help us out, but they've blown their chance.

42 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

If gray decided to sit out his contract he'll be lucky if people remember him by the time he's free. His highlights reel will struggle for anything in a Leicester shirt. 

I remember his goal against Derby in the LC I believe. That was class. Or his dribble against Spurs carrying the ball 70 yards or so... but not much else sticks :(

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

We are talking about integrating the odd player, not changing 11 players at a time. 

Nobody did themselves any favours but come on, be realistic people. 

It’s 6 extra games in 8 weeks but those off weeks surround an international break. It’s not the odd game. It’s playing twice a week every week mid-October into the new year. We’re going to need to be resting a player or 2 every game. 

Vardy won’t play Thurs/Sun

Maddison likewise.. just back from long term injury himself..

A full strength back 4 is even more unlikely as if we get anymore injuries, we are fooked..

Castagne popped his shoulder Sunday... ok , they sorted it but there is obviously weakness there

Honestly not arsed that we're out of that this season, I think playing the second 11 was the best thing to do. First half we matched them and missed a couple of good chances (Gray & Iheanacho), then Maddison got unlucky with his shot that hit the post. They got lucky for their first goal and God only knows what we were doing for the 2nd. All of that team that played tonight would just about manage playing any regular Premier league game, as long as they were the only one playing with 10 first teamers, once you start putting 2 or 3 into the first 11 you can tell the lack of quality.

Sadly I think we know that 3 or 4 of them out there tonight just aren't good enough on a regular basis, but we don't have the funds to upgrade them so we'll have to wait until next summer.

I've said it a thousand times but this needs to be Fuchs and Morgans last seasons now, do not give them another contract playing football with us, let them coach, let them retire, let them go to another club, just please don't ask them to do another season, they are in the squad for experience and in emergencies.

Maddison got some well needed minutes which is key, hopefully after another 30 minutes or so against Man City he'll be ready for a starting place if required.

Albrighton, I love him, I really do, but going forward he offers so little. I think he'll play this season and 1 more then he'll be off too. Defensive he's very good which makes him actually useful on occasions.

Thomas did ok, very thankful we aren't relying on him to play 50+ games though, he has work to do and I'm sure that will come with playing some minutes every so often this season.

KDH is average, not sure if he'll ever be good enough for us, unless he's a really late bloomer, but I just can't see it.

Gray needs binning, honestly so fed up of watching him throw opportunity after opportunity away. I honestly don't feel like he's improved as a player since he's been here and it's been nearly 5 years now hasn't it? If we can get some cash for him I'd let him go, I genuinely think it's the best thing to do for both the club and himself.

Iheanacho is so inconsistent, I don't think he'll ever be a 20 goal a season man, he'll always be a back up striker. It is hard for him though when he's in and out of the team all the time.

Hamza is pretty average too, I think he'll be upgraded eventually when we have more funds. It still feels like he's 19/20 and learning his trade, but he's 23 next month, if he was any good he should be starting to establish himself as a matchday regular, but he looks so far from that.

Meh, the main positive is the squad will have less games to play now. I'm gutted about N'Didi though!

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Why on earth does nearly everyone seem to always find some excuse for Amartey??

He’s like some weird bloody hero on here?

Never got it, never will

Not an excuse. Just a bit of perspective. Wouldn’t expect anyone to come back after two year and have a worldie. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

It’s 6 extra games in 8 weeks but those off weeks surround an international break. It’s not the odd game. It’s playing twice a week every week mid-October into the new year. We’re going to need to be resting a player or 2 every game. 

And that’s what he’s saying, you change a player here and there, you don’t change the whole 11 like last night.

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

This game for long stretches, particularly in the second half, just felt like a preseason game. 

Going any further probably costs the club money due to the pathetic prize money, neither the board or the manager will be arsed about going out, so I’m not shocked.

Subs shown exactly what the plan was, Rodgers would have been gutted Perez had scored. Even the subs made were using our two most replaceable players, harsh on Praet I know as I am a fan but we have players who can come in for him.

We stuck with the plan, we'll pick our squad players and see what happens. Draw wasn't particularly kind. 

If we have to make wholesale changes in the Europa League, we ain't getting very far. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Meh not too bothered.

We’ve not got the squad to go deep in this competition whilst spinning the plates of other competitions. 

How far we’ll go in other competitions remains to be seen - I fear not far either given our squad depth (and that’s where the criticisms will come but the club/manager have made their bed, time to lie in it) but not overly bothered or concerned by going out of this given our draw of Arsenal and if we’d won likely to be Liverpool.

Its not like last season where we went far in this competition only to bottle it.

I know @Foxhateram expected us to take this more seriously as it’s a gateway to European competition, but unlike the FA cup, it gets you into the qualifiers not the group stages. Now looking at the squad situation now, it’s unlikely to be major change for next season so that many extra games would be very unwelcome.

Thats before we look at previous winners of the league cup as pointed out earlier!!

• Like 1

I think people are annoyed not necessarily because we got knocked out of the cup by Arsenal, I think it just shows that our back up is not upto scratch and if any of our first 11 get injured then we have an issue. Now with Ndidi injured we have a major issue and this is at the start of the season! What will happen post Xmas run of games where squad rotation will be enevitable? Seriously hoping that BR saying we don't have the resources is just him trying to stop other clubs asking for inflated amounts of money for their players 

7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

You are right, but so is he. 

If nacho scored a hat trick against arsenal reserves, I for one would not be clamouring for Vardy to be dropped for him. 

Case closed your honour. Slim chance well and truly blown. 

Case reopen....He should be doing it for himself....

• Haha 1