Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

7 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

It’s 6 extra games in 8 weeks but those off weeks surround an international break. It’s not the odd game. It’s playing twice a week every week mid-October into the new year. We’re going to need to be resting a player or 2 every game. 

Yesterday wasn't fun, but like you said, it's a player or 2, not all 11. I'm not ready to panic that we can't buy 11 new players in preparation for this. 

It is what it is but is not as bad as you are making out imo, is all that I'm saying. 

8 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Still a European competition, which leads to Europa qualification the year after if we're successful. 

Well if Man City win the thing and finish in top 4 and we finish 7th we’d have that spot anyway.

I’d say that would have been the more likely outcome than us winning the the cup anyway, so you may still get your wish...

Europa League 22/23 here we come!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stu said:

Well if Man City win the thing and finish in top 4 and we finish 7th we’d have that spot anyway.

I’d say that would have been the more likely outcome than us winning the the cup anyway, so you may still get your wish...

Europa League 22/23 here we come!

More likely than that is Arsenal or Man City or both winning both the Carabao cup or the FA cup between them and finishing in the top 6 .

9 hours ago, Bert said:

First game for nearly two years. Bit harsh. 

Glad Maddison got a decent amount of game time and looked ok. The less said about the rest the better apart from KDH who is very composed on the ball. 

No - you’re right of course 

it was good to see him back…. Clearly covered in rust, but, let’s look at this way - there is only an upwards trajectory at this point!

Agree regarding KDH

10 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Our fringe players have had good opportunities to make themselves look good but theyve absolutely squandered almost every one.

Nachos terrible pass when it was a simple pass, Ward looking at a ball about 2 feet away from him and watching it go into back of his net, Gray pissing about on the ball doing nothing until he slips or gets tackled.

We have a lot of dead wood in this 11 and almost the other half are past it.

Didn't watch it but (as you refer to) sounds like every cup game when the fringe players get a chance 

19 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

More likely than that is Arsenal or Man City or both winning both the Carabao cup or the FA cup between them and finishing in the top 6 .

Which means 7th place would get this new European competition place, so same scenario if Man City finish top 4 and Arsenal finish 5th or 6th.

The original point the result last night was bad for qualifying for Europe, my point is that it isn’t a disaster that we are out the cup when it’s probably more likely that the league finish will determine who gets that Europe place, especially when it isn’t a Europa League qualification any more, it’s this new third tier Europe tournament instead, which more than likely no one in last seasons top 6 will care about.

7 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Happy to accept playing a weakened team last night, but it won't be acceptable in the F. A. Cup. A cup win would mean more to me than a second league title. Hopefully the club will see it the same.

Disagree. Both cups are to be scrapped this season. In the current situation we can't afford to be dragged into a battle at the wrong end of the table. League and Europa should be our only focus this season. Once (If) football returns to normal then we can focus more on competitions, because we will be in a better position to increase the depth and the quality to the squad. 

9 hours ago, shen said:

Why does it matter? He's showing that he can cope with this level of football now. Most of our PL winning team did not have much if any top flight experience at his age, so I fail to see your point.

He's not showing he can cope with that level of football, playing once against Arsenal in the Carabao cup is proving very little. He's never started a game in the premier league in his life and he is almost 23. He is even unproven at Championship level, in fact he's unproven at any level. The only games he has played worth noting are 10 on loan at Blackpool, to prove yourself at any level, let alone premier league level you need to go out and play consistently in a substantial amount of games. If he had shown that he'd have a clamour of EPL sides wanting him on loan and there are none, I don't even see Championship sides battering your door down to get him on loan.

He's 23, he needs to quickly get 100 games under his belt somewhere if is to have any chance of developing and that ain't gonna happen at Leicester. How many 23 year old outfield players that have played 10-15 games in football (in this case at league 1 level) by the age they are 23 go on to become seasoned premier league players, let alone seasoned premier league players at top 6 sides? If you can provide examples of where this is the case I'm happy to be proved wrong but there's not many at all, if any. All the top managers say the same thing, if you miss playing games between your key developmental years of 18-23 then it's a struggle thereafter.

Look at guys like Chilwell, Tierney and countless other 23 year olds, these are guys that have shown they can cope with this level of football by playing hundreds of games at that level and being consistent. One appearance against Arsenal reserves in the Carabao cup proves nothing.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It’s not based on tonight...

The point I’m making is where does this love of Amartey stem from? He’s not very good

He’s a nice bloke apparently but he’s miles off being a Premiership footballer 

Yet the FT faithful support him whilst heavily criticizing other players consistently

Never got it

remember this Col?

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Why do we bother entering competitions if we are not prepared to put out a decent team and compete, apart from about 15 players the rest of the squad are not up to prem standards. And how much longer are we going to go before we dump the 3 or 4 miss fits that we have been unable to get rid of over the last two seasons. 

I would prefer to stay in the PL and compete in Europe. Every other cup i just don't give two shits about. period.. truth is. teams rarely get remembered for the amount of FA cups they have won, its not that much of a prestigious cup anymore.

For everyone moaning about this, it took a fluke goal and a scrambled goal when the game was already dead for a fairly strong Arsenal team to beat us.

Outside the big six, actually, exclude Spurs too, there's no teams in the league who could put out a particularly strong 2nd XI.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

So like I said why enter.

Pretty sure that if you're a member of the football league, you're contractually obliged to.

Besides, as Brendon said, gives players who haven't played a chance to get some match fitness. In which case, job done.

Both Nacho and Perez should have scored last night  (perez's header was harder to miss than score) and Maddison was as close as you can get...but if you dont take your chances you wont win. Considering it was a makeshift team and some hadnt played at all for a long time, it was not as bad as some make out.

• Like 1

Not got time to read it all atm. Still ploughing through in dribs and drabs so apologies if already posted. 

But apparently we were totally outplayed by a resurgent arsenal side. Looked like a shit game between 2 shit reserve sides. There's slightly stronger due to 4 first teamers, and I'd have been pretty disappointed personally if I were them. Pepe is shite value for money. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-arsenal-carabao-cup-4544067

15 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He's not showing he can cope with that level of football, playing once against Arsenal in the Carabao cup is proving very little. He's never started a game in the premier league in his life and he is almost 23. He is even unproven at Championship level, in fact he's unproven at any level. The only games he has played worth noting are 10 on loan at Blackpool, to prove yourself at any level, let alone premier league level you need to go out and play consistently in a substantial amount of games. If he had shown that he'd have a clamour of EPL sides wanting him on loan and there are none, I don't even see Championship sides battering your door down to get him on loan.

He's 23, he needs to quickly get 100 games under his belt somewhere if is to have any chance of developing and that ain't gonna happen at Leicester. How many 23 year old outfield players that have played 10-15 games in football (in this case at league 1 level) by the age they are 23 go on to become seasoned premier league players, let alone seasoned premier league players at top 6 sides? If you can provide examples of where this is the case I'm happy to be proved wrong but there's not many at all, if any. All the top managers say the same thing, if you miss playing games between your key developmental years of 18-23 then it's a struggle thereafter.

Look at guys like Chilwell, Tierney and countless other 23 year olds, these are guys that have shown they can cope with this level of football by playing hundreds of games at that level and being consistent. One appearance against Arsenal reserves in the Carabao cup proves nothing.

You're obviously right that he hasn't proved he can play at PL level on a sustained basis.

My point was exclusively that he's a more progressive and technical passer of the ball than Hamza, which is useful for this side. He's behind our main guys in the pecking order, but he can be a decent backup.

14 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

For everyone moaning about this, it took a fluke goal and a scrambled goal when the game was already dead for a fairly strong Arsenal team to beat us.

Outside the big six, actually, exclude Spurs too, there's no teams in the league who could put out a particularly strong 2nd XI.

With European football this season, the League Cup was always going to be lowest priority. I'm perfectly happy with Brendan's disposition and I understand that team was always going to look rusty and subpar. It was a good fitness excercise and all, but a player like Gray really showed that he should not expect many first team minutes. 

• Like 1