Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He not a bad apple?

Yes, coupled with the fact he’s absolutely ****ing shite, mate. We have this weird habit of revisionism where we believe players who aren’t currently playing are better than they are. He’s one of the worst signings we’ve ever made and the fact no bugger else Is interested in buying him speaks volumes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Can't read too much into or get hot and bothered about that one I don't think.

A couple of experienced players who will have designs on starting games more frequently let themselves down. Rodgers will be hoping guys like Iheanacho and Gray would give him something to think about after a game like tonight however all they've done is make his job easier in terms of leaving them out.

And thank **** for that. 

Ps. Always wanted to see larssons name on the back of our shirt. Send me a pic 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, adam1 said:

Out of that team.

Thomas - too many simple mistakes. Saw this last season post lockdown. Needs to improve massively.

Amartey - hasn't played for 2 years. Looked competent and so I would think he would be a good utility player to "do a job". Nowt special but fills in.

Gray - no. Hasn't improved lets get 25m for him.

Dewsbury Hall - haven't seen enough so far (only seen two games with him in)

Choudhary - will do a job in the middle if asked.

Iheanacho - I am very patient with players and I don't like to be flippant. When we signed him he looked useless but I thought it could be confidence. He shows some absolute moments of brilliance at times, he definitely has ability. When he has come one he has changed games for us. However he still hasn't made the impression that he is up to the standard (consistently) we are at. Accordingly I think we need a new forward  

Tbf Thomas made some mistakes that I'd expect a 19 year old to make, I think he done fine and every time I've seen him he's shown plenty to suggest he has a real chance of making it.

• Like 1

Thought KDH was the best player out there for us tonight. The shouts that he needs a loan are a load of toss. Considering the performances the likes of Gray put in tonight as one of our other rotation players - KDH can stay where he is. We’ll need him. 

• Like 1

We learnt nothing new there that we didn't know before. 

A chance for many to show what they could do and nobody stepped up.

I think we need to move on from Gray, Choudhury and Amartey.

Three more in if we want to compete on 3 fronts going onwards.

I would get McGregor, Thah and Edouard before window closing. 

Honestly what is the point in this daft cup these days.

Weve had a great history in the League Cup but it means **** all now. If clubs can’t be arsed to try and win then fans certainly shouldn’t be arsed about the result. 

i get that this year is an anomaly, given fixture congestion, but regardless of the league a team is in, they’ll likely make 11 changes, whether they’re playing Man United or Bradford. 

It’s the best of the reserves until the last 8 and it’s little wonder that Man City have won it for the last three years and literally could not care less. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

28 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Can't read too much into or get hot and bothered about that one I don't think.

A couple of experienced players who will have designs on starting games more frequently let themselves down. Rodgers will be hoping guys like Iheanacho and Gray would give him something to think about after a game like tonight however all they've done is make his job easier in terms of leaving them out.

I was disappointed with Fuchs AFTER the own goal. He let it rattle him too much like he had something to prove. 

You sir, have nothing to prove, never let's us down when called upon for the first team, but on that showing..... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Out of that team.

Thomas - too many simple mistakes. Saw this last season post lockdown. Needs to improve massively.

Amartey - hasn't played for 2 years. Looked competent and so I would think he would be a good utility player to "do a job". Nowt special but fills in.

Gray - no. Hasn't improved lets get 25m for him.

Dewsbury Hall - haven't seen enough so far (only seen two games with him in)

Choudhary - will do a job in the middle if asked.

Iheanacho - I am very patient with players and I don't like to be flippant. When we signed him he looked useless but I thought it could be confidence. He shows some absolute moments of brilliance at times, he definitely has ability. When he has come one he has changed games for us. However he still hasn't made the impression that he is up to the standard (consistently) we are at. Accordingly I think we need a new forward  

25 for Gray we’d do well to get 10!

11 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think it's because, for all his neat and tidy approach play, he can't hit a barn door from 6 yards. I get that he doesn't get a lot of chances when he does play but when he does he invariably misses them. I think he's a decent foil for Vardy but I get the impression that BR gets fed up with his wastefulness too.

Possibly, but if a striker works best in a partnership there's only so much you can expect of them when they're playing as a lone striker with an off-form Gray and an inconsistent Albrighton next to you, a mish-mash midfield behind you which includes a player still coming back to match fitness.

I think criticism of him can be fair, but far too much gets lumped on him as the first 'scapegoat' before anyone else in some fans' eyes.

Just now, StanSP said:

Possibly, but if a striker works best in a partnership there's only so much you can expect of them when they're playing as a lone striker with an off-form Gray and an inconsistent Albrighton next to you, a mish-mash midfield behind you which includes a player still coming back to match fitness.

I think criticism of him can be fair, but far too much gets lumped on him as the first 'scapegoat' before anyone else in some fans' eyes.

The term scapegoat gets flung around to easily on here to give players a pass.

My nan could have watched that game tonight, knowing nothing about football and saw Iheancho was dung.

Games like tonight are his chance to showcase that he should be given more minutes and he could have shown more hunger despite getting little service. Even when he was on the ball some of his slackness was shocking, like passing the ball out of the park. There's nothing wrong in fans being disappointed at that.

While we are all jumping aboard the blame game, I’d like to know who thought £12 million on Danny Ward was a good idea. He did well in the league cup for a couple of games in penalty shoot outs, but I’m sure he makes a mistake every time he plays? 
Jakupovic would’ve been a good enough back up surely, why spend so much on a number 2? 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1