Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't get why Iheanacho gets so much stick. He wasn't great but he wasn't the worst performer. Gray can take that award.

I think it's because, for all his neat and tidy approach play, he can't hit a barn door from 6 yards. I get that he doesn't get a lot of chances when he does play but when he does he invariably misses them. I think he's a decent foil for Vardy but I get the impression that BR gets fed up with his wastefulness too.

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Brendan's definitely not going to be losing sleep over getting knocked out here. He would have brought on Barnes if he really wanted to push for the win. 

If he was that way inclined, a couple more subs may have helped. Said it all to me. 

Apparently someone else cared as little as I did. 

I like these games to see what else we've got, and although it was dull as shit, their game was much stronger than ours on paper, than it was on the pitch. 

Rustiness as expected, but up front it was bobbins, which il is no surprise as our forward play was lacking not so long ago with our first choice. 

Hopefully thats also the end of perez being a starter too. 

• Like 1

I actually really liked the look of KDH, you’ll struggle to find a player in our first team show and look as composed on the ball as he did tonight. Always looked for the ball through the lines, which came off the majority, just a shame the person through the lines was madders who AWFUL

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Agree with all of this apart from the KDH part. There's a reason at almost 23 he's started 1 game and has only had ten games out on loan.

Yeah, so he's 23. Age doesn't really matter here. He's already shown during pre-season and the game today that he's a more progressive and skillful passer of the ball than Hamza. With our playing style, that is more useful in games where we dominate possession, which will be a majority this season. 

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

Clearly there must be reason why Slimani isnt being used. But with Nacho as back up to Vardy its scary. We need Slim back in the fold. I would like to hear why BR just ignores him. He has to be a better option than Nacho.

Nacho, was one of better players last season? I remember people being baffled after the COVID break as to why Rodgers was taking him off when he was our best player, not a lone striker though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Your missing the point. If he proved in games like tonight he had a lot more to offer Rodgers would be more inclined to rest Vardy more and preserve his effectiveness given his age. Instead performances like tonight lead him to trusting Iheancho less and having to play Vardy and risk Vardy more than he'd like.

Not really, he done fairly well in the league Cup last year it didn't mean Vardy was preserved.

It wasn't too long ago we'd be frothing at the mouth for this competition.

We've come a long way since, let's not be too harsh tonight. The mood when our team was announced was one of 'This could be embarrassing'. Yes we were beaten, but far from embarrassed against a stronger lineup against a 'so called' top 6 side

We've bigger fish to fry in this chapter of our history. The job now is to give the Europa League a real go and make it this generations version of our League Cup memories.

Keep the motherclucking faith:scarf:

• Like 1

Just now, shen said:

Yeah, so he's 23. Age doesn't really matter here. He's already shown during pre-season and the game today that he's a more progressive and skillful passer of the ball than Hamza. With our playing style, that is more useful in games where we dominate possession, which will be a majority this season. 

It does matter though, he's already nearly through a key developmental phase and he's barely played any top flight football. If he was 18 then fair enough but at nearly 23 he needs to get a lot of games somewhere to even stand half a chance and he could be 25 by the time that happens.

16 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Let’s hope the first team remain fit…. Don’t want to be delving into that lot for support 

Amartey was the most woeful out of a number of woeful performances…

First game for nearly two years. Bit harsh. 

Glad Maddison got a decent amount of game time and looked ok. The less said about the rest the better apart from KDH who is very composed on the ball. 

23 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We stank. We didn’t care. 

So I guess I don’t.

But that’s one of the two competitions we could win gone.

If we'd have got through arsenal and then Liverpool you could be pretty sure we'd meet both Manchester clubs in our "path" to the final. Reckon we'd have stood a chance against tranmere in the final though. 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

BR talks so much rubbish it’s always the same! 

energy in the game was very good 🤷🏼‍♂️

Brendan Alexa. Like saying we were good and they were more clinical (i.e. they put the ball in the net) which is the only thing that matters. 

Out of that team.

Thomas - too many simple mistakes. Saw this last season post lockdown. Needs to improve massively.

Amartey - hasn't played for 2 years. Looked competent and so I would think he would be a good utility player to "do a job". Nowt special but fills in.

Gray - no. Hasn't improved lets get 25m for him.

Dewsbury Hall - haven't seen enough so far (only seen two games with him in)

Choudhary - will do a job in the middle if asked.

Iheanacho - I am very patient with players and I don't like to be flippant. When we signed him he looked useless but I thought it could be confidence. He shows some absolute moments of brilliance at times, he definitely has ability. When he has come one he has changed games for us. However he still hasn't made the impression that he is up to the standard (consistently) we are at. Accordingly I think we need a new forward