Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'We're limited' – Brendan Rodgers makes Leicester City transfer admission

27 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

See that big structure near Lutterworth?

That's our training ground, that is.

That's not from transfer money.

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You seem to forget all the money we’ve spent on players and the huge wages we pay. 

True. Players we can't shift like Slimani and Silva will be on stupid wages.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's not from transfer money.

True. Players we can't shift like Slimani and Silva will be on stupid wages.

The training ground is also nowhere near Lutterworth.

Sorry to Trav for being a pedant but local geography is my thing lol 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not effecting the big clubs though.

Which is probably more the point. Puel said we can't compete with those when he was here, as Cardiff said above he got abused for that, and I think this is what Rodgers means.

How can we be limited despite making about 200m in transfers? Surely that money is somewhere? We haven't spent all of it.

I guess that money is tied up in:

Training Ground, which due to Coivd has been delayed thus probably costing more

Planned New Stadium Improvements

New contracts and relatively high wage bill compared to other clubs in the division

Without being facetious, I do understand why fans question where the money has gone as it does seem like we should have a bigger surplus than we do. But being a business owner myself, I can totally understand why some clubs are being conservative than others. Yesterday's government announcements have serious implications for the economy, so spending beyond your means is very dangerous!

In terms of business, Castagne has already proved to be an inspired signing, and I'm happy with the Under signing as it addresses the one area in our team that definitely needed an upgrade. Additional squad depth would certainly be most welcome, but Mendy and Praet deserve a lot of praise as both have stepped up their game this season and both almost feel like new signings. 

But totally understand why some fans are questioning why we aren't able to spend more.

• Like 3

I think he's actually being honest, we'll get a CB and if we want anyone else we're going to have to fund that by selling players (that no-one seems to want). We're gonna have to get through this season with the squad we have, with maybe a loanee or two hopefully to come in, then re-assess in the summer and improve the overall squad. I don't think it's been a bad transfer window really, especially considering we've spent about nothing if you factor in the Chilwell sale.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not effecting the big clubs though.

Which is probably more the point. Puel said we can't compete with those when he was here, as Cardiff said above he got abused for that, and I think this is what Rodgers means.

How can we be limited despite making about 200m in transfers? Surely that money is somewhere? We haven't spent all of it.

Don't forget the likes of Vardy and Maddison have improved contracts, probably 5 million a year, the overall staff wages will be huge.

Source Foxestalk History - https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/transfers/

PLAYER

CLUB

FEE

DATE

James Justin

Luton Town

£6,000,000

Ayoze Perez

Newcastle United

£30,000,000

George Hirst

OH Leuven

Unknown

Youri Tielemans

Monaco

£32,000,000

Dennis Praet

Sampdoria

£18,400,000

Ryan Bennett

Wolverhampton Wanderers

On loan

Timothy Castagne

Atalanta

£18,700,000

Cengiz Under

Roma

On loan

8 players bought for £105,100,000

PLAYER

CLUB

FEE

DATE

Shinji Okazaki

Released

Free

Danny Simpson

Released

Free

Daniel Iversen

Rotherham United

On loan

Elliott Moore

Oxford United

£300,000

Josh Knight

Peterborough United

On loan

Harry Maguire

Manchester United

£80,000,000

Layton Ndukwu

Southend United

On loan

Andy King

Rangers

On loan

Islam Slimani

Monaco

On loan

Adrien Silva

Monaco

On loan

Sam Hughes

Salford City

On loan

Rachid Ghezzal

Fiorentina

On loan

Fousseni Diabate

Amiens

On loan

George Thomas

ADO Den Haag

On loan

Andy King

Huddersfield Town

On loan

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Blackpool

On loan

Filip Benkovic

Bristol City

On loan

George Thomas

Queens Park Rangers

Free

Andy King

Released

Free

Daniel Iversen

OH Leuven

On loan

Bartosz Kapustka

Legia Warsaw

Unknown

Ben Chilwell

Chelsea

£45,000,000

George Hirst

Rotherham United

On loan

23 players sold for £125,300,000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Villa, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Newcastle, Wolves all have higher spends and net spends than us according to Transfermarkt. West Brom and Palace have higher net spends.

Already going into “net” spends. 

So loads of newly promoted clubs who don’t have massive wages to pay and have a gigantic leap in income. Do you even bother to think about that?

Villa, Leeds and Newcastle are bigger clubs than us. Whether you like it or not. And most of them only spend a couple of million more.

How about you run off and compare wages paid. Perhaps then you’ll understand the finances a bit more.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

New contracts and relatively high wage bill compared to other clubs in the division

Without being facetious, I do understand why fans question where the money has gone as it does seem like we should have a bigger surplus than we do. But being a business owner myself, I can totally understand why some clubs are being conservative than others. Yesterday's government announcements have serious implications for the economy, so spending beyond your means is very dangerous!

In terms of business, Castagne has already proved to be an inspired signing, and I'm happy with the Under signing as it addresses the one area in our team that definitely needed an upgrade. Additional squad depth would certainly be most welcome, but Mendy and Praet deserve a lot of praise as both have stepped up their game this season and both almost feel like new signings. 

But totally understand why some fans are questioning why we aren't able to spend more.

Our players sold / bought is pretty even over the years. We invest it into the team.

Our other income gets spent mostly on wages, hence being one of the best payers in the league outside the elite.

• Like 1

Tbf man I'm not criticing or debating your point, I just don't get selling players for 200m and not spending close to that. I understand wages (including new contracts) etc but the club make other money too, such as the biggest incomes from tv rights and the PL, so is that just spent on everything apart from transfers? I mean, none of us actually know and are just speculating, but it's interesting to hear Rodgers say resources are limited.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Already going into “net” spends. 

So loads of newly promoted clubs who don’t have massive wages to pay and have a gigantic leap in income. Do you even bother to think about that?

Villa, Leeds and Newcastle are bigger clubs than us. Whether you like it or not. And most of them only spend a couple of million more.

How about you run off and compare wages paid. Perhaps then you’ll understand the finances a bit more.

I said higher spends and higher net spends. Of course I know about our wages, it's probably the main reason I expect more from this club and don't buy the same guff as others about finishing 12th being decent. I'm just not buying the idea that this is why we are now supposedly some kind of poverty outfit. 

Villa, Leeds and Newcastle are historically bigger clubs but at this point in time? We've been up for 6 seasons straight, they've all been in the Championship during that time. This higher leap in income is receiving the same money we've been receiving for 5 years. We have higher revenues now because we are presently a bigger deal. It shouldn't be taboo to think that.

We have billionaire owners, it's not unreasonable to expect them to put their hands in their pockets. If we're not aspiring to be better what's the point? The problem with circling the drain is eventually you fall in.

• Like 2

This is an understatement, we have the second highest wage to revenue ratio in the entire division. In 2018/19 it was 84% of all money our club made went to salaries, behind only Everton at 85%.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2