Jump to content
moseeds

Let's vow never to be like some Man City fans

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Just snooping on the Man City forums and the level of delusion is stratospheric. Hundreds of pages of moaning about their 'weak' team (!), about the lack of expenditure in certain areas (!!), about Pep's non-committal situation, yadda-yadda. However not a single fan suggesting they were just outplayed on the day by a more organised team, that their tactics were exposed by a very good bunch of footballers and a manager who recognised his own failings in the past. Their star player, £62 million Rodri has publicly suggested Leicester were just lucky, accidentally scored 5 goals and played negative football. Highlight reel suggests otherwise. I hope whatever success we have going forward, if any, doesn't turn our ordinary well-grounded fans into entitled brats :scarf: /gloat over

Quickly glanced at this and had to double take after I hurriedly and wrongly read your member name as 'Moss Side'. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Can't tar all fans with the same brush, have a lot of respect for Man City fans pre 2008. 

 

Saying that, if I was a Man City fan I would probably be acting like I did in the Bournemouth match. In others words,  wondering how the hell five goals were conceded at home and what needs to change. If some of their fans are just writing it off as a lucky performance then more fool them as the season goes on.

 

Agree with this.

 

I was scratching my head for days as to how we could throw away a game so badly against interior opposition.

 

However, I never suggested that Bournemouth were ‘lucky’

 

Is that what the fans are saying or is it just the sour grapes of one player? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, moseeds said:

I hope whatever success we have going forward, if any, doesn't turn our ordinary well-grounded fans into entitled brats 

 

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Too late for some

The wider world looked at us last season - fifth place, one cup semi, one cup quarter, record away top flight win, some scintillating football - and couldn't understand why plenty of our lot were in absolute meltdown during the summer.

 

(Yes, we SHOULD have finished top four given where we were but take a step back and look at how others viewed what we achieved last season)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of their criticism has a point though. Pep seems mainly to play only one style which is probably frustrating for some fans. A lot of them seem to be annoyed at the dodgy recruitment as well (which presumably some of the blame must go to pep for this?). The spine of their team and their best players are all from the Pellegrini era. They need a new Kompany more than anything.

 

I mean those asking for him to be sacked probably need their head checking but at the same time...a manager who's been there THAT long and has spent THAT much money....you probably expect a bit better when you look at them overall.

 

I think as well Pep's tactics are starting to get found out by more managers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man City fans are just old Chelsea and Arsenal fans. Can't help but think of City's project as an Americanisation of the Premier League. So much of their focus is on branding and marquee signings and expanding their operations overseas, even Pep himself is subject to the Man City brand.

 

Where were the fans before 2009? Or even after?

 

Fickle plastic. Their club culture is built around a band that is the personification of a bootleg 'Best Of The Beatles' compilation.

 

image.png.de165db716f5e1cc7a848f17a80b39dd.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick peruse of "The Fighting Cock" is also, as ever, worth a laugh. Following yesterday's penalty decision I'm pleased to say that half of them appear to be "done with football" for good.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think the reaction by Man City fans is particularly outrageous or surprising. They've got their share of idiots. Let's face it,  so has any team (except us, obviously). But compared to United fans - and I speak as an ex-resident of Manchester - they are the very soul of reason and fairness...

The ones I've spoken to were extremely complimentary about us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with man city fans is they were truly never like that, the oil money has changed them for the worst,  they supported their team for many years when man utd were winning everything,  unfortunately they have become very entitled and thats sad, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

 

The wider world looked at us last season - fifth place, one cup semi, one cup quarter, record away top flight win, some scintillating football - and couldn't understand why plenty of our lot were in absolute meltdown during the summer.

 

(Yes, we SHOULD have finished top four given where we were but take a step back and look at how others viewed what we achieved last season)

True to a point. But a lot of other clubs fans couldn't understand why we sacked ranieri. That if we got relegated, we were only Leicester, and we had won the league, so why the fuss?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Man City fans are just old Chelsea and Arsenal fans. Can't help but think of City's project as an Americanisation of the Premier League. So much of their focus is on branding and marquee signings and expanding their operations overseas, even Pep himself is subject to the Man City brand.

 

Where were the fans before 2009? Or even after?

 

Fickle plastic. Their club culture is built around a band that is the personification of a bootleg 'Best Of The Beatles' compilation.

 

image.png.de165db716f5e1cc7a848f17a80b39dd.png

Maine_road_kippax_1930s.jpg

 

Saying Man City had no fans before their take over is fast track to make yourself look a bit silly. They filled Maine Road most weeks when we would be lucky to get 20K at Filbo. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are exactly the same.  In fact all football fans are exactly the same.

 

As a club progresses expectations change.  I'm sure that some of those Man City fans were the same fans that cheered Shaun Goater through Division One and never dreamt of the success that they have had recently.

 

Our fans are no different and I have often wondered whether it is more fun being a Chelsea fan for instance than it is being a Rotherham fan or is it just the same with different expectations?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Too late for some

I was going to say, even in our title winning season the chap who sat next to mean spent 80% of his time moaning about a player called Mirez and Drinkwater being shite......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Maine_road_kippax_1930s.jpg

 

Saying Man City had no fans before their take over is fast track to make yourself look a bit silly. They filled Maine Road most weeks when we would be lucky to get 20K at Filbo. 

20k? - I remember during the early to mid eighties attendances in Canon League Division 1, then the top flight, match day attendance regularly numbering around 12 - 14 thousand. It was only vs Liverpool, Man U and Forest and during the Christmas period that we came close to filling the ground which even after the construction of the Carling Stand was only 21,500. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...