Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moseeds

Let's vow never to be like some Man City fans

42 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

True to a point. But a lot of other clubs fans couldn't understand why we sacked ranieri. That if we got relegated, we were only Leicester, and we had won the league, so why the fuss?

I take the point that people thought we were mad for sacking Ranieri.

Difference is though, we were sliding towards relegation under Ranieri and had gone hugely backwards while we were 12th when Puel was sacked and under Rodgers we finished 9th and then 5th so he actually improved us a fair bit.

• Like 1

Some of them have valid points though, it's possible to criticise whilst being grateful for what you've achieved. Peps spent 400m on defenders alone hasn't he? Yet their defence looked awful for 45 minutes yesterday and gave away silly penalties. They spent a month trying to lure Messi in when I thought it was obvious he was never leaving Barca. Their 3rd striker is a 17 year old young lad, Aguero seems to be injured for most of the season and Jesus isn't consistent enough.

Don't get me wrong some are going over the top but a lot of what their fans are saying makes sense. Not replacing Kompany last season was suicide and they still haven't got a replacement for Fernandinho, he's 35 years old now and will surely be off at the end of the season?

Either way it's nice to watch the demise of a once great club, long may it continue as it'll give us a better chance of getting into the top 4.

37 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Its one of the biggest myths in football that Manchester is just full of Man City fans. 

I’m sure most people don’t actually believe it they just say it to rile Man Utd fans. It logically makes no sense that young kids growing up in Manchester in the early 2000’s would ignore the team who was winning trophies left right and centre to support the mid/lower table team who were playing 3rd division football not that long ago, (though they aren’t alone on that front):D

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I take the point that people thought we were mad for sacking Ranieri.

Difference is though, we were sliding towards relegation under Ranieri and had gone hugely backwards while we were 12th when Puel was sacked and under Rodgers we finished 9th and then 5th so he actually improved us a fair bit.

I think people were nervous because we had taken about 17 pts from last 17 games. I am sure everyone is delighted now!

1 hour ago, murphy said:

We are exactly the same.  In fact all football fans are exactly the same.

As a club progresses expectations change.  I'm sure that some of those Man City fans were the same fans that cheered Shaun Goater through Division One and never dreamt of the success that they have had recently.

Our fans are no different and I have often wondered whether it is more fun being a Chelsea fan for instance than it is being a Rotherham fan or is it just the same with different expectations?

I agree. I'm sympathetic towards Man City fans who were there before the oil money. I've known a few and they were all sound. It's not their fault that their club suddenly won the lottery, bought their way to the top and now have to deal with all the good and bad that comes with it.

Re: your question. I think we're the perfect example of why the size or status of the club you follow is irrelevant with regard to enjoyment. A club our size winning the PL title is exceeding expectations so unbelievably beyond anything realistic, that it has to be the greatest feeling, or most fun, a fan can experience. It's something fans of the biggest clubs will never know. Liverpool have won the CL, but that's something that their fans kind of expect to see, at least in a very small amount. I can guarantee that their fans' joy seeing that wouldn't match how we felt watching that Chelsea v Spurs match in 2016, purely because of the expectation levels.

Seeing your club achieve things way beyond what you ever thought possible is the ultimate for a fan, and if there isn't anything very far from your club's grasp, then that feeling is unobtainable.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Its one of the biggest myths in football that Manchester is just full of Man City fans. 

Agree. Also now it's just shite. Last season after the fixture at the Etihad I was waiting for the train out and Piccadilly was full of just as many Man City fans as it was our fans.

4 hours ago, moseeds said:

Just snooping on the Man City forums and the level of delusion is stratospheric. Hundreds of pages of moaning about their 'weak' team (!), about the lack of expenditure in certain areas (!!), about Pep's non-committal situation, yadda-yadda. However not a single fan suggesting they were just outplayed on the day by a more organised team, that their tactics were exposed by a very good bunch of footballers and a manager who recognised his own failings in the past. Their star player, £62 million Rodri has publicly suggested Leicester were just lucky, accidentally scored 5 goals and played negative football. Highlight reel suggests otherwise. I hope whatever success we have going forward, if any, doesn't turn our ordinary well-grounded fans into entitled brats :scarf: /gloat over

Christ on a bike you’ve missed the boat with that one mate.

Please see any post match thread on here post lock down last season bar the Palace win 😂. Focusing on your own teams failings instead of rushing to praise the opposition is the tip of the ice berg.

Their team was weak to be fair but I don’t think they can really blame lack of investment 😂they’ve just been very unlucky. Not exactly like we are having an excellent time of it in that regard either is it. Got loads of players out.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Christ on a bike you’ve missed the boat with that one mate.

Please see any post match thread on here post lock down last season bar the Palace win 😂. Focusing on your own teams failings instead of rushing to praise the opposition is the tip of the ice berg.

Their team was weak to be fair but I don’t think they can really blame lack of investment 😂they’ve just been very unlucky. Not exactly like we are having an excellent time of it in that regard either is it. Got loads of players out.

My post was a bit of a wind-up. This forum since January :ph34r:!! Love the responses though. Keep 'em coming lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Either way it's nice to watch the demise of a once great club, long may it continue as it'll give us a better chance of getting into the top 4.

The scariest thing is, Liverpool don't really look all that this season either. Man Utd. are back to being gash even with VAR still on their side. Chelsea are a mess.

Even early doors, us and Everton are where we are on merit. There's PLENTY of time for things to change, but dare I say that this season looks the most "up-for-grabs" since you-know-when?

Beat West Ham and Aston Villa, and I might start thinking of silly scenarios again.

:claudio:

Edited by OntarioFox
I had momentarily wiped that farcical Manure win at BHA from my memory. They still 'aint winning 'ote. ;)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Especially when he was in the most over rated band ever 

I don't think that's entirely fair - they did write some good songs, even if they weren't the best musicians...  (But that was kind of the point with Britpop - local bands and sounds with enough talent to avoid being punk mk2 (unlike grunge in the US))

8 hours ago, Line-X said:

20k? - I remember during the early to mid eighties attendances in Canon League Division 1, then the top flight, match day attendance regularly numbering around 12 - 14 thousand. It was only vs Liverpool, Man U and Forest and during the Christmas period that we came close to filling the ground which even after the construction of the Carling Stand was only 21,500. 

But at that time..Leicester only had 12 residents..

I have a few ManC fans and they're a pretty grounded bunch. I'd take them over two lads I know who are Leeds fans and have for years banged on about how they're a "big club" and should be fighting to win the PL. At the moment they're insufferable as they give it large about Bielsa. But I think ManC fans have a right to question what's going on at the club. They've spent hundreds of millions on that defense. Have they got a plan for what they want as a defense? Pep won the league using a squad (largely) built by other managers captained by a player that they simply haven't replaced. Why haven't they? Klopp identified a problem, then fixed the problem. So fans are bound to ask why isn't Pep doing the same. I don't think they have to look down on Leicester to question the manner ManC lost to us.   

• Like 1