Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

36 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

2nd at Christmas for the second year in a row. Although Rodgers at times can be frustrating, it’s clear to see we’d struggle to get anyone better. He’s the man to take us forward. 

He's a great fit for us, I keep saying it.

Not perfect but perfect for us right now.

• Like 3

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

All the Arsenal fans are wanting him to replace Arteta now.

I am not sure if Arsenal can be fixed, would be risky and a very tough job. Hes got a good team, a good dressing room a good setup here. Arsenal is toxic all over. 

Agreed. He'd be mad to go there. How many Arsenal players would get into our team? Can't think of any. He's got much better players here and a club with a much stronger ethos.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. He'd be mad to go there. How many Arsenal players would get into our team? Can't think of any. He's got much better players here and a club with a much stronger ethos.

Depend on Rodgers I suppose. If he fancys it, and thinks he can turn them around he probably would but it's a huge risk if it goes tits up. 

But then surely winning something with Little Leicester and turning us into a real force is better than reviving a busted flush? 

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I dunno, I'd take Aubamayang for the bench, Vardy can't play every game. 

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

All the Arsenal fans are wanting him to replace Arteta now.

I am not sure if Arsenal can be fixed, would be risky and a very tough job. Hes got a good team, a good dressing room a good setup here. Arsenal is toxic all over. 

Vardy didn't fancy that and I'm sure Brendan won't either.

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Depend on Rodgers I suppose. If he fancys it, and thinks he can turn them around he probably would but it's a huge risk if it goes tits up. 

But then surely winning something with Little Leicester and turning us into a real force is better than reviving a busted flush? 

Please, not a dig at you personally and you have every justification in thinking f you, towards me, but please can we give that wretched phrase a funeral? 

I've been on a one man quest to banish the phrase, even when used in jest. It's self fulfilling and demeans us all. 

Let's  start acting as to what we actually. An elite football club. 

Peace fella x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I think we are all at the point where we recognise that the bad things about Rodgers come with the good, and we all agree the good outweighs the bad. I certainly expect another shithouse away performance at the KP over the next week's and thats okay! Long live the Rodgers era!

Yeah been saying for weeks now that we just have to accept him for what he is. He's frustrating at times and some decisions make no sense but then at other times (like today) he gets it spot on and we look great. 

Boxing day will be another test of how much he's improving us as both games against United last season we completely bottled it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Please, not a dig at you personally and you have every justification in thinking f you, towards me, but please can we give that wretched phrase a funeral? 

I've been on a one man quest to banish the phrase, even when used in jest. It's self fulfilling and demeans us all. 

Peace fella x

Thinks it's said tongue in cheek. I don't think any Leicester supporter regards us as 'little' anymore. We just use it because of the naivety of the so called big boys (another phrase we probably all despise) who still feel we have no right to impose ourselves on their own grandeur and superiority.

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Thinks it's said tongue in cheek. I don't think any Leicester supporter regards us as 'little' anymore. We just use it because of the naivety of the so called big boys (another phrase we probably all despise) who still feel we have no right to impose ourselves on their own grandeur and superiority.

I know and you're right. It's  my own weakness and sensitivity that makes me rail against it. A reflection on me, not the poster.

I just find it a bit like a guy who always makes self deprecating jokes about his small cock size. Sure, it's in jest. But after a while, you start to wonder...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Peace fella x

Not at all bothered, not easily offended lol. For what its worth I agree.  People can think what they like about us. The only team I am interested are LCFC, some will say we are arrogant/entitled etc. That's why I dont get this crap of wishing former players all the best if they are competing  against us. I think there is no reason at all why we cant compete with the best. I think it's harder to convince the likes of Sky who will be pushing for moves of our best players (manager)to one of their 'big 6' darlings. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 23:56, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I work with a fair amount of people in football and I've never heard anyone describe him as anything like that.

We were 14th when he took over, we'd just beaten Swansea with Appleton in charge. And we were 12th when he was sacked.

Rodgers may have taken over a team with Tielemans, Maddison and Ricardo in, but he also had to pick up a dressing room which had morale at an all time low, unmotivated players desperately unhappy, looking to jump ship, bruised by a stubborn, boring manager turned the place into a toxic mess and wanted legends like Vardy and Kasper out.

But yeah he got well paid professional players to pass a football to each other, often side-to-side in their own half, so we must be grateful for that "transformation" I guess.

For the people who support Rodgers hard, at the same time they are mocking Puel which makes no sense.

Rodgers and Puel have the same type of football, the main difference between the two is that Rodgers is a better man motivator whilst Puel is a better tactician.

You have defended Rodgers a lot, and then mocked the passing sideways in own half which is what Rodgers team's do.

Perhaps a more accurate idea might be you just dont like Puel because he is boring vocally, his interviews e.g.

There was definitely a significant transformation under Puel, which set the base from which Rodgers started from.  He deserves way more cedit than he gets on foxestalk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

For the people who support Rodgers hard, at the same time they are mocking Puel which makes no sense.

Rodgers and Puel have the same type of football, the main difference between the two is that Rodgers is a better man motivator whilst Puel is a better tactician.

You have defended Rodgers a lot, and then mocked the passing sideways in own half which is what Rodgers team's do.

Perhaps a more accurate idea might be you just dont like Puel because he is boring vocally, his interviews e.g.

There was definitely a significant transformation under Puel, which set the base from which Rodgers started from.  He deserves way more cedit than he gets on foxestalk.

I put it to you that, much as I defended Puel from some of the disgusting things people said about him, the difference in the football is there to see, in performances and in results.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2020 at 00:37, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The club/dressing room was not in a toxic state when he arrived but it was when he left.

And he can take the credit for that because it was down to him - his arrogance, stubbornness and lack of any man management skills. When the mellowest of blokes (King, Albrighton etc) can't stand you, you've really fvcked something up badly.

His fanboys seem to think he reinvented the wheel by getting players to pass sideways to each other, FFS.

Are you an insider or do you have proof they couldnt stand him?

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I put it to you that, much as I defended Puel from some of the disgusting things people said about him, the difference in the football is there to see, in performances and in results.

Personally i dont see much difference in the brand of football, initially we were much more attack focused in his first 10-20 games, but since then the football is very similar to puel, where we emphasise keeping possession, even if it means we spend 90% of the time passing between our defenders.

You only have to look at many recent posts on here to see many have moaned about the passing around the back problem.

I am not talking about performance levels of players and points scored, but purely the brand of football as uptheleaguefox mentioned he couldnt stand the passing around the back.

Edited by Chrysalis

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Personally i dont see much difference in the brand of football, initially we were much more attack focused in his first 10-20 games, but since then the football is very similar to puel, where we emphasise keeping possession, even if it means we spend 90% of the time passing between our defenders.

You only have to look at many recent posts on here to see many have moaned about the passing around the back problem.

I am not talking about performance levels of players and points scored, but purely the brand of football as uptheleaguefox mentioned he couldnt stand the passing around the back.

I do see those posts, but a percentage of people moan the second we aren't charging forward, and it's not very scientific to judge matters on what the pity-partyers shout loudest and longest necessarily.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2020 at 07:04, Foxhateram said:

If we had not sacked Puel, we would have continued to sink into relegation. His style of play was awful and predictable, teams knew two banks of four would prevent us from scoring. 

The atmosphere at the training ground was awful during his time. We nearly lost some of our key players as a result of him. Those saying he had an eye for talent.... Our scouting team does that job, not the manager. 

Rogers is streets ahead of Puel and his management style is much more like Pearson's, which is exactly what this squad needed to make it become a unit again. 

I still feel like we play negatively too often and that is something that Puel is to blame for. We play best when we press high, win the ball high up the pitch and move it quickly to find our pacey attackers. 

This one is an interesting one, Puel never had a run as bad as our run at the end of last season.  Usually a manager would get sacked for such a bad run, and Puel did get sacked.  What probably saved Rodgers job, is the cost of sacking him with the size of his contract, and the fact the bad run was at the end of a season instead of the start of a season.  Timing does play a part.  If we started a season with the form we had since late December, then at the halfway point we would have been bottom 1/4 of table.

I respect opinion's but I feel like some comments are here are clutching at straws, like people are trying to find reasons to hate on the previous manager, just because they couldnt take a liking to him.

Take e.g. the fact you are blaming Puel for our negative play, Puel has nothing to do with our current state of play, he no longer part of the coaching staff.  I feel that type of comment is clearly born of something personal, it has no rationale to it at all.

I accept and agree Puel was not a good motivator, seemingly also poor at man management as well, and this sadly overshadowed his good merits.  But when it comes to gameplay, I think a big factor as to why Rodgers was employed is because he has the same style of football as Puel which ultimately meant a smooth transition.  They are both possession based managers.

I have seen it time and time again in life, if someone is not a good people person, they become disliked, and then once people make that decision, their merits get ignored, and their flaws become highlighted, its simple human nature.

Edited by Chrysalis

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do see those posts, but a percentage of people moan the second we aren't charging forward, and it's not very scientific to judge matters on what the pity-partyers shout loudest and longest necessarily.

I have been frustrated myself on the what I feel is over the top possession play, however at the same time acknowledged he is doing enough again this season to keep us at the right end of the table, and we are still in Europa, he has done what I thought would never happen, somehow he has came back from a position I thought was terminal, and fair play to him for that.

I feel part of the reason last season was Chilwell became unsettled, and it was affecting more of the squad, now with him gone, Rodgers has managed to contain it and got the players more unified again.  Its pure speculation on my part, but it would make sense.