Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

He'd be starting from a higher point though, Chelsea and Arsenal already have a squad of top players and he'd have money to buy more on better wages.

Not necessarily, Yes Chelsea have a good squad, but a lot of them are on new contracts so difficult to move on. And they may not suit Brendans requirements.

Arsenal are in disarray, with many of the squad in disagreement with the manager and each other.

Anything is possible,I just don't see it happening. He can achieve it all here.

The football we play under Rodgers when we’re at it is sensational. I fancy us to win the fa cup if we were drawn away in every round. If we can start getting results at home and we’ll need to - next 2 games are at home Southampton and Chelsea then it will look really good for us. 

• Thanks 1

Can’t expect any more really, second half of last season was a disappointment, but everyone has learnt from it, which is all you can ask. He’s doing a grand job.

Although personally there seems a connection missing that makes you really love a manager (MON, Pearson). Not that it matters, plus it’s difficult to build that not being able to go down.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

personally there seems a connection missing that makes you really love a manager (MON, Pearson). Not that it matters, plus it’s difficult to build that not being able to go down.  

Is that maybe because MON and Pearson were more "outgoing" (for want of a better word) on the touchline?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hales said:

😂😁 I thought he came across really well in that interview. The team from the management, to the coaches to players seems a close knit group and they clearly listen to him and trust him. I don't get arrogance from him at all. Seems a genuine and nice guy.

Arrogance is the word that comes up on here over and over again...

Pearson’s arrogance is why we’ll never go up

Pearson is to arrogant to change the team and will take us down

Claudio is too arrogant he we will take us down

Puel....

Rodgers

[insert managers name here] 

If I’m honest I’m not even sure what people mean when they use arrogance as a negative with managers of any professional sportsperson. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can’t expect any more really, second half of last season was a disappointment, but everyone has learnt from it, which is all you can ask. He’s doing a grand job.

Although personally there seems a connection missing that makes you really love a manager (MON, Pearson). Not that it matters, plus it’s difficult to build that not being able to go down.  

The way O’Neil jumped around the touch line you could see he cares and he felt like one of us, Pearson likewise though not as animated as MON. Rodgers is a bit more professional (for want of a better word) a mix of MON and Ranieri, with the way he man manages and approaches the media. The best of both or worst of both depending on what you like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Is that maybe because MON and Pearson were more "outgoing" (for want of a better word) on the touchline?

Yeah maybe.I suppose it being a bigger journey under those two helps. And they both let the mask slip as well if you know what I mean, Rodgers is very measured and professional with the media, as Aus Fox said. Something nice about a manager showing emotion, adds a human element.

Keep winning and I don’t care anyway, it’s not a personality contest!

46 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Arrogance is the word that comes up on here over and over again...

Pearson’s arrogance is why we’ll never go up

Pearson is to arrogant to change the team and will take us down

Claudio is too arrogant he we will take us down

Puel....

Rodgers

[insert managers name here] 

If I’m honest I’m not even sure what people mean when they use arrogance as a negative with managers of any professional sportsperson. 

It's one of those criticisms that don't really mean all that much when you think about it but are easy to throw around if you decide you don't like a manager for whatever reason and don't agree with their decisions. Same as "he's got his favourites" - well yeah, obviously he does, they're the ones he thinks he can rely on to do what he wants.

I would frankly be quite worried if he wasn't a bit arrogant. I can't see how you could possibly manage at the highest level of football, or any sport, or probably any industry at all for that matter, without having immense reserves of self-belief and great confidence in the way you try to do things. If Rodgers found himself wracked with doubt after every little failure then I don't suppose he'd have made it very far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Corky said:

I really like his "get on with the job" mentality at the moment. He hasn't made excuses, he's rotated and adjusted where necessary.

Something I’ve liked about him this season. Regularly accused of being arrogant yet I can’t remember him moaning about a referee or fixture congestion since being here. If he has, he’s never laboured the point such as a number of top managers like too

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1