Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the club has more than enough ambition....see what they have built!!!

Rodgers comments are no more what you would expect from any manager in his position.

All six of your points are already accounted for.....

I know 🤣🤣🤣

My point was we must maintain it and for me he stays , drop any of those and if a better offer comes he will be gone he is “ambitious”

The Reality is if he continues to over achieve with us then it’s only a matter of time one of the super clubs will come calling,  I suspect summer 23 

but football is fickle a run of poor or average results there will be muppets on here calling for his head, which happened end of last season  

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Have to admit, far more worried about a Chelsea approach than one from Arsenal. Strange though, how Arteta appears to be turning things around. Hope that will persuade Chelsea to give FF more time.

Chelsea aren't going to fire Lampard. Not with a young squad and them being 6 or 7 pts. off the top.

Of course stupidity is always around the corner when it comes to the huge money clubs.

I don't see any reason for BR to leave LCFC in the near future.

- We have a worlds best training facility 

- We have quality/talent and ambition he is after

- He can nurture young talents and coach which he loves to do 

- Club is run exactly how he likes it, no complications

- Hes the 3rd highest paid PL manager (£10m) - club can afford to pay him more.

-The challenge to compete for top 4 without the £££ is the type of challenge BR relishes in tune with his coaching style, its perfect for him.

the list can go on. and im sorry but this so called big 6 sway aint that strong anymore. I just dont think winning trophy's is his big career aim, he loves to coach players more than anything and gets a rise out of seeing them grow into world class. Fofana is his new exciting project, which im sure hes relishing working with. and LCFC can attract that sort of player early on.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 4

Brendan has only just put his feet up in his new VIP office overlooking the 1st team pitches at the training ground, with his new VIP bedroom and VIP swimming pool and hot tub/sauna. 

Add that with one of the best academy facilities which Brendan loves nurturing and scouting players and you have a winner. 

We have looked after him financially up to a 3rd best salary in the league of £8mil a year. The hierarchy doubled Brendan's entire coaching team to match his increase. 

He isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, certainly not for a hire and fire club.

• Like 1

According to this report originating at the Athletic, Chelsea will never talk to Rodgers because he said this whilst at Liverpool:

"You come from a really good club like Chelsea to a massive club like Liverpool where there is expectancy every day." 

"It's believed Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich took an issue with the statement and he still hasn't let it go."

He's like Karen Brady is to us😂

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-chelsea-will-not-hire-brendan-rodgers-as-manager-20210104

There is a lot going for us and I honestly feel the challenge set by Leicester is one that excites and matches his ambition. He can demonstrate the fantastic coaching job he's doing, and if he can win some silverware whilst at it, bang on.

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Brendan goes to Chelsea, we should get in Thomas Tuchel who is available and is regarded highly as a tactical coach. We should get him before Man U or Spurs get him.

Might be a good coach but apparently he's very dislikeable as a person and can just be an energy-sapping miserable bastard. I think some of our players would fall out with him very, very quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Might be a good coach but apparently he's very dislikeable as a person and can just be an energy-sapping miserable bastard. I think some of our players would fall out with him very, very quickly.

Yeah he's got a rep - the players seemed to like him but many of the board and staff members very much not - sounds like he's not particularly politically astute and just walks round saying stuff out loud like he's a contestant on catchphrase.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Brendan goes to Chelsea, we should get in Thomas Tuchel who is available and is regarded highly as a tactical coach. We should get him before Man U or Spurs get him.

Way,Way off.. He was ok at my BvB, but his man management or Lack of it,would destroy all we have built up...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Our history suggests we would never go for a manager who hasn’t got premiership experience. I don’t agree with this as imo it limits your options available to you as there are better foreign coaches out there. Although you can’t fault the selection process we’ve had so far in the premiership. With the exception of Shakespeare who should never have had the job in the first place. 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2021 at 01:28, winteriscoming said:

Our history suggests we would never go for a manager who hasn’t got premiership experience. I don’t agree with this as imo it limits your options available to you as there are better foreign coaches out there. Although you can’t fault the selection process we’ve had so far in the premiership. With the exception of Shakespeare who should never have had the job in the first place. 

Bit hard on Shakespeare. He didn’t even get much of a chance. Understandably I suppose. Now Peter Taylor should never have got the job. We would never have got wise then either. 👍👍

7 minutes ago, waylander said:

Bit hard on Shakespeare. He didn’t even get much of a chance. Understandably I suppose. Now Peter Taylor should never have got the job. We would never have got wise then either. 👍👍

Shakespeare was and never has been a coach/manager. He’s always been a no.2. That’s what he is. Apart from the obvious new manager bounce he got with us he was tactically clueless. He should never of got the job in the first place. From memory I think he only got the job because they couldn’t get anyone else who they really wanted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Shakespeare was and never has been a coach/manager. He’s always been a no.2. That’s what he is. Apart from the obvious new manager bounce he got with us he was tactically clueless. He should never of got the job in the first place. From memory I think he only got the job because they couldn’t get anyone else who they really wanted. 

....Shakey is definitely a Coach and a very good one!!!

His temperament lends him to be a very good number two, I wish he was still here because of his presence within the group and like Clough and Taylor, nothing good happens to Pearson unless Shakey is there as well.

Can't see any possibility of him coming back here, as he is at the club he supports.

Edited by sacreblueits442

On 04/01/2021 at 13:14, SO1 said:

Chelsea aren't going to fire Lampard. Not with a young squad and them being 6 or 7 pts. off the top.

Of course stupidity is always around the corner when it comes to the huge money clubs.

Somewhere I just Think there das some crankies on here, would Love to see BRodgers to move, in fact any manager..

I believe some attach themselves to the Local Football forums, and are more interested in the actual off-field stories,than the romance, characters & life that 

are played out on the pitch...

This threads speculative path is for me the Proof in the pudding.....

IMO..Arsenal ,Manutd & Chelsea, will keep their  Professional interest, but at least this season & deep into next, barring any catastrophies.!!

Their managers, are Proving stubborn und Not so > awfull,crap, incompetent, or shit <    has some Petty blind ,Brain Dead pundits, Amateure & proffessional

shit-stirrers would have us believe..!!

Rodgers has had a reasonable successful evolving career, but those 3 fore mentioned clubs decided to take a calculated risk &  give youth, with a certain amount of panache a decent Crack and a solid based chance,with that 'je ne said quios' top Club mental aurora characteristics running through their veins...

We have Rodgers. and for me he has spat back with interest, all the pathetic attempts from within this forum, to derail,demean ,his ideas, approach and

wise Moves to Experiment a little...I for one accept there will be mistakes and errors, but from them you See him & his Team grow & develope....

I believe with Top & management, including strong ambition,he wants First to collect some tickets, with his present club...

Something that some conveniently forget...is how he has handle & used the squad through Chronic injuries, hard Continuous  niggling knocks,

and his committed selection ideas & Nuance have seen the squad Grow in high level stature ,while Not having the high Ochtane Resources available,or

needing  to be Nursed back to their potential Top form....

I would rather support Rodgers,than some of the nonsense no forethought ideas of too many negative Chasing FT- posting-pundits..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Shakey is definitely a Coach and a very good one!!!

His temperament lends him to be a very good number two, I wish he was still here because of his presence without the group and like Clough and Taylor, nothing good happens to Pearson unless Shakey is there as well.

Can't see any possibility of him coming back here, as he is at the club he supports.

Yes he’s a no.2 coach, assistant manager whatever you want to call it but not a manager. 
Although I admit he was paramount to our success with Pearson in charge I don’t think we’ve missed him. We’ve moved on without him and I believe it would be a step backwards if he came back to us. 

I doubt Brendan has any thoughts of leaving here, While he's not perfect no Manager is.  He has everything he wanted and needed in our new facility.

Why would he even want to go elsewhere to start all over again.  I doubt he need's the money either on 10 Mil a year.

I also think he's got the so called big club syndrome out of his system after coming so close with Liverpool.

Plus any success he has here would carry more kudos given that he done it the hard way, by building his own team as he sees it.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt Brendan has any thoughts of leaving here, While he's not perfect no Manager is.  He has everything he wanted and needed in our new facility.

Why would he even want to go elsewhere to start all over again.  I doubt he need's the money either on 10 Mil a year.

I also think he's got the so called big club syndrome out of his system after coming so close with Liverpool.

Plus any success he has here would carry more kudos given that he done it the hard way, by building his own team as he sees it.

Money and glory.

I'm not saying he will leave but it's a bit silly to think he has no reason to go to a bigger club.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Money and glory.

I'm not saying he will leave but it's a bit silly to think he has no reason to go to a bigger club.

Because he'd have to start all over again. That means a few Windows of moving players out and getting new one's in. how long is that going to take him.?

Would he get that time at a new club.? Look what's going on at Chelsea with Lampard after losing a few games.

Plus it's unlikely he would have the freedoms he has here working with Owners who think highly of him and are prepared to back him.

He's not getting any younger and probably in his prime as a Manager now and over the next few years.

When you weigh it all up he's better off here. He inherited a really decent squad added to it and is molding them nicely into what he wants.

With another Window or two he'll have a team capable of competing for years to come, Which could take him to retirement and retire an legend.

I wouldn't be his biggest Fan but even I can see he'd be mad to risk all that for a few million more.

Other than Money I can't see any reason why he'd go elsewhere. As he has it all here.

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Yes he’s a no.2 coach, assistant manager whatever you want to call it but not a manager. 
Although I admit he was paramount to our success with Pearson in charge I don’t think we’ve missed him. We’ve moved on without him and I believe it would be a step backwards if he came back to us. 

...I have always wanted to know why we went to a high-tempo high-line when we restarted the season after the Watford nightmare play-off!!! 

We became a different team in that season and it was a long way from how we had been playing previously. Did Pearson move us to that style or was this a Shakey decision as Pearson was always cautious in his approach and was negative in the big games, when we conceded space and possession to our opponents. I have got to go with Shakey being the man who changed our approach to the game as no other influence was there that could have caused Pearson to have deviated from his original style of play.

Pearson later admitted that he got it wrong, changing our style of play in the 2014/15 season, as he did not believe the previous style which won us promotion, would still work in the Premiership. The fact that he changed back to a more high-tempo high-line game with a back three in the last nine matches, just goes to prove he is the more cautious of the two.  

I really hope Shakey tries again to go into management and achieve the success that I believe is owed to him.

58 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Because he'd have to start all over again. That means a few Windows of moving players out and getting new one's in. how long is that going to take him.?

Would he get that time at a new club.? Look what's going on at Chelsea with Lampard after losing a few games.

Plus it's unlikely he would have the freedoms he has here working with Owners who think highly of him and are prepared to back him.

He's not getting any younger and probably in his prime as a Manager now and over the next few years.

When you weigh it all up he's better off here. He inherited a really decent squad added to it and is molding them nicely into what he wants.

With another Window or two he'll have a team capable of competing for years to come, Which could take him to retirement and retire an legend.

I wouldn't be his biggest Fan but even I can see he'd be mad to risk all that for a few million more.

Other than Money I can't see any reason why he'd go elsewhere. As he has it all here.

He'd be starting from a higher point though, Chelsea and Arsenal already have a squad of top players and he'd have money to buy more on better wages.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He'd be starting from a higher point though, Chelsea and Arsenal already have a squad of top players and he'd have money to buy more on better wages.

Actually think top players is debatable on Arsenal 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have always wanted to know why we went to a high-tempo high-line when we restarted the season after the Watford nightmare play-off!!! 

We became a different team in that season and it was a long way from how we had been playing previously. Did Pearson move us to that style or was this a Shakey decision as Pearson was always cautious in his approach and was negative in the big games, when we conceded space and possession to our opponents. I have got to go with Shakey being the man who changed our approach to the game as no other influence was there that could have caused Pearson to have deviated from his original style of play.

Pearson later admitted that he got it wrong, changing our style of play in the 2014/15 season, as he did not believe the previous style which won us promotion, would still work in the Premiership. The fact that he changed back to a more high-tempo high-line game with a back three in the last nine matches, just goes to prove he is the more cautious of the two.  

I really hope Shakey tries again to go into management and achieve the success that I believe is owed to him.

It’s gonna be tough for him to go into management. Can’t see many clubs taking a chance on him. If that’s what he’s looking to do I wish him all the best. Deep down I think he’ll be happy to continue as a no.2.