Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

I've previously been quite critical of Brendan, especially when it comes to playing the big clubs.  I've previously been disappointed with the amount of respect he shows the opposition in the run up to a big game, and his total lack of disappointment when we lose these games.  It's a mentality thing.

This season I've noticed a change in his tone around these big games.  It's almost as if he now actually believes that we belong in that group and we should be challenging them.  Last season I thought that he thought Leicester were a mid-table team punching above our weight.  This season is much more positive which is great to see.

Of course, to provide some balance, I think he may have gone too far and it's like he thinks that we are good enough to just rock up and play against the likes of West Ham, Villa, Fulham and Everton and get the points.  Obviously we aren't that good, so there's still work to do, but overall he is heading in the right direction.

• Like 4

Just takes some fans longer than others...

Too many dive into closed-fence punditry & cynicism, before realising Any manager needs time..

#Time to make the decisions & learn from them..seen from fans/media..

#Time make decisions that come from within,learning or developing..

# simply time to build, mould his ideas & character of the team how he wants it to go forward.

I reckon more fans have given incorrect opinions,totally misfired on players selection & tactics,than BRodgers has made poor calls..

Knowing what we know now about last season's..long term niggles & injuries,

The fall off & eventual slide then shouldn't of been  so surprising..Seeing now  this season he could prepare better ,even with Covid- regulations & bubbles ,the squad better for even a worse amount of chronic injuries to our " major" players.

Fans keep forgetting how long it takes the highly technical & pivotal players to get back into an high continuous level of performance..

Many fans take the injuries & recovery time too lightly..That's ok to push them off if your ambition is mid-table or survival...When has a financially restrained club your aspirations & potential suddenly shows you are top 4 candidates..many fans get dizzy and don't look on those trials and tribulations, has showstoppers..

IMO, there are no buts, should ofs,if onlys...

B.Rodgers in his 3rd season is doing a damn good job,plus he doesn't go running to mama,or throw his dummy out, by making excuses,where with our set up,and situation where he would of been more entitled to do so...

And FFs where does this idea of OTT arrogance come from...That is more the stand-point of poor opinion making,and desperation to throw one's own individual agenda at an easy target..!!

Amusingly so many fans actually have the audacity when going into character assesment that they are right, and never prepared to take a step backward....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just takes some fans longer than others...

Too many dive into closed-fence punditry & cynicism, before realising Any manager needs time..

#Time to make the decisions & learn from them..seen from fans/media..

#Time make decisions that come from within,learning or developing..

# simply time to build, mould his ideas & character of the team how he wants it to go forward.

I reckon more fans have given incorrect opinions,totally misfired on players selection & tactics,than BRodgers has made poor calls..

Knowing what we know now about last season's..long term niggles & injuries,

The fall off & eventual slide then shouldn't of been  so surprising..Seeing now  this season he could prepare better ,even with Covid- regulations & bubbles ,the squad better for even a worse amount of chronic injuries to our " major" players.

Fans keep forgetting how long it takes the highly technical & pivotal players to get back into an high continuous level of performance..

Many fans take the injuries & recovery time too lightly..That's ok to push them off if your ambition is mid-table or survival...When has a financially restrained club your aspirations & potential suddenly shows you are top 4 candidates..many fans get dizzy and don't look on those trials and tribulations, has showstoppers..

IMO, there are no buts, should ofs,if onlys...

B.Rodgers in his 3rd season is doing a damn good job,plus he doesn't go running to mama,or throw his dummy out, by making excuses,where with our set up,and situation where he would of been more entitled to do so...

And FFs where does this idea of OTT arrogance come from...That is more the stand-point of poor opinion making,and desperation to throw one's own individual agenda at an easy target..!!

Amusingly so many fans actually have the audacity when going into character assesment that they are right, and never prepared to take a step backward....

Your last sentence. "audacity" should be changed to arrogance. In the spirit of the thread.

Just a thought.:whistle:  :yesyes:

Mmmm I’m always generally positive. But I’m a little annoyed we all knew he would change the side. But definitely should have started vardy and taken him of after being two nil up. In the end we get a point . But we desperately need another option up front on the wing. Dimi ayo and kel. Need to hit the target. Although Perez had a good game.

• Like 2

No issue with today, Rodgers has a long season to manage and playing 2 games in 48 hours is ridiculous.

Comparisons to Aston Villa are a) premature (let’s see how they get on with 11 tired players) and b) irrelevant (they’ve played far less football than us this season- 2 fewer league games and 6 fewer games in Europe).

As for the game itself the manager is only responsible for the pattern of play - he can’t control what goes on in both boxes. We were well on top in the first half, he reacted (surprisingly!) quickly when Palace got on top in the second half and unfortunately Tielemans was pretty useless and Vardy was anonymous when they came on. As for Gray the less said the better.

He has to rotate. It'd be careless of him to continue with a 33 year old striker every game. He cannot do much more than give Kelechi a chance and he had two good chances, one of which was a penalty, that he missed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

No issue with today, Rodgers has a long season to manage and playing 2 games in 48 hours is ridiculous.

Comparisons to Aston Villa are a) premature (let’s see how they get on with 11 tired players) and b) irrelevant (they’ve played far less football than us this season- 2 fewer league games and 6 fewer games in Europe).

As for the game itself the manager is only responsible for the pattern of play - he can’t control what goes on in both boxes. We were well on top in the first half, he reacted (surprisingly!) quickly when Palace got on top in the second half and unfortunately Tielemans was pretty useless and Vardy was anonymous when they came on. As for Gray the less said the better.

I dont blame him today either

2 days rest the lads were at it, you saw when vardy came on he was tired even for 15. Vardys has a hamstring problem and was only playing as the team had no other back up option.

The truth is perez,kelechi, they are npt reliable as goalscorers

and gray taking the free kick was ridiculous. 

Not pleased with the result and aspects of the performance but the changes were inevitable and, as @ttfn says, Aston Villa have played fewer league games and aren't in Europe.

Had this game been played on Wednesday we may've seen a different line-up. It's not ideal and clearly some reserves aren't up to it but the schedule has put us into a tough decision.

I know what he was doing, trying to beat both Man U and Crystal Palace and picking the right team to get the job done and rest but I would rather he went weaker against Man U than Palace. Get 3 guaranteed points. Now we have two, could have been worse but it's not enough if you want to challenge for Europe. Newcastle must be 3 points to get back on track. 5 full days off so no excuses, we will play as strong as we can and must have enough.

Shame that the fixture scheduling is not better. I would rather have a winnable game Boxing Day followed by Liverpool/Man U etc 2 days after.

58 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

One decision I will berate Rodgers for was bring Gray on and even having him on the bench. The player has refused a new contract and is on his way, to bring him on ahead of Albrighton who gives everything to the shirt was disrespectful imo

It was weird to have him on the bench. A player we never use and the suddenly he's coming on for 20 mins.

Disappointed not to win, we certainly gave ourselves enough opportunities to.  But a point is better than no points and after spending all season with it being one or the other you could be optimistic and view these last 2 matches as points won where we would otherwise have lost earlier in the year.

33 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Just wanted to point out that BR has now managed the same number of games as CR.

image.thumb.png.2dec507505035670b848fbf8daeaf3a4.png

That is a very impressive set of stats for Rodgers.

While he's not beyond criticism - fair criticism, that is - some of our fans really don't appreciate where we are right now.

• Like 1

I’m very very happy with everything at the club and even when we lose we learn . We have addressed many areas of need in the squad incredibly well. And I definitely appreciate giving dimi kel and ayo the chance to get a game . Barnes is improving all the time . We should tie him on a big contract. Perhaps we need another older striker to come on as sub like cavani is doing. But on the whole it’s another amazing season . I’m looking forward to how it unfolds. And who else we bring in . And when you look at other results I think over all the league has become a lot more balanced every one getting results against each other. I hear people say the quality of the league isn’t as good now. But it’s actually better than it’s ever been . No one team dominating. Happy new year everyone. It’s going to be a good one for Leicester city. 💪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Koke said:

I get that he has to rotate. But felt he should have had Tielemans in there. A pairing of Mendy/Hamza was never gonna do much. 

Would have been fine if nacho scored the pen and THAT header.

Palace were unbelievably crap that first half but still that XI dominated.

I have one worry about Rodgers and that’s the Chelsea Job, he has a good history with Chelsea being a coach there and still has friends at the club, he owns a property near the training centre and knows the club top to bottom, now they would have to pay him silly money to go there and even then I can’t see him leaving us in next few years but if Lampard gets sacked at end of season (as I suspect he will be) then Rodgers and the German sacked at PSG will become favourites to replace him 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

I have one worry about Rodgers and that’s the Chelsea Job, he has a good history with Chelsea being a coach there and still has friends at the club, he owns a property near the training centre and knows the club top to bottom, now they would have to pay him silly money to go there and even then I can’t see him leaving us in next few years but if Lampard gets sacked at end of season (as I suspect he will be) then Rodgers and the German sacked at PSG will become favourites to replace him 

One thing we have in our favour is Chelsea readiness to sack a manager. 

BR would probably think, how long will I get.

If they can sack a Chelsea Legend after 18-24 months, what chances has anyone else got.

Also a lot of quality managers out of work Tuchel, Allegri.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One thing we have in our favour is Chelsea readiness to sack a manager. 

BR would probably think, how long will I get.

If they can sack a Chelsea Legend after 18-24 months, what chances has anyone else got.

Also a lot of quality managers out of work Tuchel, Allegri.

Ya your thinking same as me , I think it’s only a slight chance he would go but it’s easy to be seduced by london lights and promises of huge transfer budgets and massive salaries