Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

Maybe our fans are fickle because our performances are? We just limp to defeat- no pressure, no urgency. Nothing is said of any note- "not aggressive enough, too passive etc"- then the same thing happens again.

• Like 2

What I don't get is that he's had plenty of opportunities to play 4 at the back and then he decides to change to it after a very good performance where we scored 3 goals, when we have no choice at centre back so we need the 5atb to mitigate the lack of natural cb's

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Puzzling that Christian Fuchs played 90 mins and that Morgan didn’t come on at half time for Mendy 

I wonder whether he was holding Wes back, just in case Wilf didn't last the match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Defeats like tonight is why we will never be taken seriously as title contenders. Defeats like tonight has happened way too frequently under Rodgers. 

I've come to terms with what we are. Good team that can/will finish 4th-7th. We are mentally weak to be anything other than that. 

I'll never allow myself to hype up this team again. 

And that ladies and gentlemen about sums it up I reckon 

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Defeats like tonight is why we will never be taken seriously as title contenders. Defeats like tonight has happened way too frequently under Rodgers. 

I've come to terms with what we are. Good team that can/will finish 4th-7th. We are mentally weak to be anything other than that. 

A team reflecting the manager you might say. Brendan will never be a top manager until he learns from these sorts of games, I’m just not sure he can. However he is still likely the best manager we could hope for currently and we aren’t doing too badly - just irritating that we could be doing a whole lot better. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Absolutely spot on. I’m not being lured in to it again. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't think many people actually do believe we're going to win the league. 4th to 7th isn't bad for a club like us.

Agree but think most people are annoyed with having one or two good game then next game play like a Sunday league team who been on night out the day before.

Just now, TeamRocket said:

Agree but think most people are annoyed with having one or two good game then next game play like a Sunday league team who been on night out the day before.

Nobody likes losing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't think many people actually do believe we're going to win the league. 4th to 7th isn't bad for a club like us.

Absolutely baffled that it’s something someone would have to come to terms with. Guess it explains why this place is so schizo

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

It pisses me off pundits throwing our name into the mix as it shows a total lack of knowledge and research. Even more infuriating when it comes from our own fans

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

I’m delighted if we are a team that’s only good enough to finish between 4th and 7th to get fair. We aren’t in the same league as the big boys when it comes to wages, finances etc 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Absolutely baffled that it’s something someone would have to come to terms with. Guess it explains why this place is so schizo

Disagree if you may but I believe this squad has the talent to achieve more. This where the frustrations come from. Finishing 4th-7th is excellent for a club like ours but when you see our talent pool and you see other big clubs in disarray, its disappointing that we are not taking advantage of it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I can't blame Rodgers for that. 

I've been screaming for a more attacking team. That was the most attacking lineup we could produce and the players let him down. End of. We move on. 

In hindsight Thomas should have started and we should have played a proper CB and had N’didi in midfield but hindsight is always 20/20...so I agree, I don’t blame Rodgers for the line up. I do think he just let the game get away from us by not switching things up though. He got credit for it against Brighton so he should be criticised for it tonight. 

Edited by Manini

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've been screaming for a more attacking team. That was the most attacking lineup we could produce and the players let him down. End of. We move on. 

Surely his job is more than just picking the starting 11 though. Where's the motivation or in game management?

The players aren't blameless either. They're far too weak mentally

I have to say I was happy enough with the starting 11 when it was announced but it became clear fairly early on that we were missing Wilf in the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I disagree, Barnes marked out of the game due to lack of support from fuchs, took under off who seemed to be our most creative outlet, an obvious sub could have been Albrighton for fuchs and to liven it up a bit could have pulled mendy for Praet. Thought his management was poor tonight 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Surely his job is more than just picking the starting 11 though. Where's the motivation or in game management?

The players aren't blameless either. They're far too weak mentally

I have to say I was happy enough with the starting 11 when it was announced but it became clear fairly early on that we were missing Wilf in the midfield. 

If Evans doesn't get booked Sunday, it's fairly straight-forward. As attacking as the line-up was in the circumstances, and I didn't have any qualms about it, having Ndidi out of the midfield was the best option.