Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

They should say ‘good idea, we’ll redistribute the wealth, cap away ticket prices, we like it. Apart from everything related to your power grab. That’s no. If you don’t like it **** off and form your European super league’. 

Time for the authorities to show their balls and call their bluff. It’s going that way one day, force their hand because over the coming years they will destroy the game and leave it a mess for the rest of us when they they do eventually **** off. They just might claw some power back in the process.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

They should say ‘good idea, we’ll redistribute the wealth, cap away ticket prices, we like it. Apart from everything related to your power grab. That’s no. If you don’t like it **** off and form your European super league’. 

Time for the authorities to show their balls and call their bluff. It’s going that way one day, force their hand because over the coming years they will destroy the game and leave it a mess for the rest of us when they they do eventually **** off. They just might claw some power back in the process.

I'd quite happily see Europe's so called 'elite' clubs bugger off and play in their own league and play in the middle east and Chna and other god forsaken places like that to further their idealogy of making as much money as possible. I quoted elite there as a lot of these clubs are modern day franchises only at the top level as some oligach has decided to play real life football manager with them.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd quite happily see Europe's so called 'elite' clubs bugger off and play in their own league and play in the middle east and Chna and other god forsaken places like that to further their idealogy of making as much money as possible. I quoted elite there as a lot of these clubs are modern day franchises only at the top level as some oligach has decided to play real life football manager with them.

And eventually they will screw their own regular/local match going fans over. This is why their supporter groups should be strongly telling their clubs it’s wrong and putting pressure on them to put the interests of the game first. Because when it happens no one will give two shits for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

And eventually they will screw their own regular/local match going fans over. This is why their supporter groups should be strongly telling their clubs it’s wrong and putting pressure on them to put the interests of the game first. Because when it happens no one will give two shits for them. 

Agree with you entirely but that is the problem with the EPL monster. Clubs can get away with largely dismissing the views of their fans as the life blood of their revenue financially is the TV money. Remember reading something a year or two ago that said soemthing lke 16 out of 20 EPL teams would still have been able to turn a profit withut having any fans at all. Don't quote me on how precise that is but that was he jist of the article.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I actually think this would be the move that would end it for me as well. There's nothing to get excited about. There's nothing we can achieve. What keeps me going is the belief that you're always working towards something. What is the point if we can't do that?

£14.95 pay per view. Games still behind closed doors. VAR. Constant proposals to restructure the game like this. I can't even properly enjoy this shit or take it seriously anymore. It's one of the best Leicester sides ever and I've never felt so disenchanted about the sport.

Couldn’t have said better myself. The sport is slowly becoming more and more Americanised.... and it is sickening. Bring back filbert street, baggy t-shirt and fat forwards any day.....

What a load of old bollocks that is. 

Just read this somewhere else..

They could tie it to the rest of the EFL though…

i.e "if we don't get our vetos we'll leave the Premier League and start this new structure with the rest of the EFL and fill up the new 'Premier League' with Championship sides."

I mean that won't happen, but that would be the threat, and a Premier League consisting of only Burnley, Sheffield United, Wolves, Palace, Leeds, Villa, Southampton, Leicester, Fulham, Brighton & West Brom is not going to bring in the money those clubs need to survive/thrive.

I imagine the voting might have to softened slightly to get this through easily, but if the big 6 start playing hardball I don't think the rest of the PL has much leverage given that they could just start a new league structure with the desperate EFL.

10 minutes ago, adam said:

What a load of old bollocks that is. 

Just read this somewhere else..

They could tie it to the rest of the EFL though…

i.e "if we don't get our vetos we'll leave the Premier League and start this new structure with the rest of the EFL and fill up the new 'Premier League' with Championship sides."

I mean that won't happen, but that would be the threat, and a Premier League consisting of only Burnley, Sheffield United, Wolves, Palace, Leeds, Villa, Southampton, Leicester, Fulham, Brighton & West Brom is not going to bring in the money those clubs need to survive/thrive.

I imagine the voting might have to softened slightly to get this through easily, but if the big 6 start playing hardball I don't think the rest of the PL has much leverage given that they could just start a new league structure with the desperate EFL.

Cheeky fookers

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

There’s a proposal like this every 3 or 4 months and they never get off the ground. There will never be a European super league either.

The Chamions League is already becoming just that. With each reform it becomes more of a closed shop and there will come a time it'll be almost completely exclusive to a certain clutch of clubs, they already tried it at the last reform with the history co-efficient points. If that had passed then Leicester wouldn't even have made the Champions League despite winning the league.  After that they'll add more games and do away wth domestic fixtures, starting with things like the league cup, nothing surer. Money always talks in football nowadays unfortunately.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

£250m is nothing.

9 longest serving teams... historically? Since the FA started or just the Premier League or most seasons in the top league (Division 1 and Premier League). Actually, using any of those measures, Man City ain't one of them. The only way they qualify is if you do it is longest since last promoted to the Premier League.

In any case, it's not looking at "the big picture" which means to the benefit of all, usually by the elite making sacrifices for the less fortunate. This is just a thinly veiled power-grab.

I don't see what the Championship gains from all this. They lose a play-off place, no guarantee of getting promoted even if you reach the final, you lose a meaningful vote when promoted, you may have a potential takeover vetoed by your rivals.

Leagues One and Two will benefit and correctly so, they need the money and the majority won't be in the Premier League, but for the Championship I don't see the appeal at all. Rick Parry seems enthusiastic but doesn't appear to have considered it all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't see what the Championship gains from all this. They lose a play-off place, no guarantee of getting promoted even if you reach the final, you lose a meaningful vote when promoted, you may have a potential takeover vetoed by your rivals.

Leagues One and Two will benefit and correctly so, they need the money and the majority won't be in the Premier League, but for the Championship I don't see the appeal at all. Rick Parry seems enthusiastic but doesn't appear to have considered it all.

Because he’s an Ex-Scouser and will probably have a huge backhander from somewhere in it going through. 

He’ll still be at all the balls, galas, fundraising events and whatever other corporate stuff that goes on at Anfield I suspect. 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Money - a lot of clubs are financially done for due to covid and the big six are taking advantage of the current situation to get it through 

as I said earlier, where money is involved, it generally gets done as people and organisations can be bought ..... I meant convinced that they should support it ........what a carve up.....the fooking yanks have screwed our game !   

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Money - a lot of clubs are financially done for due to covid and the big six are taking advantage of the current situation to get it through 

as I said earlier, where money is involved, it generally gets done as people and organisations can be bought ..... I meant convinced that they should support it ........what a carve up.....the fooking yanks have screwed our game !   

That's the plan. Screw up our own country and let the Movable Feast travel the world reeking havoc at every stop.