Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

the part i found interesting was the top 6 could each veto/ approve anyone wanting to own a team in the prem.

That part is completly open to bribary and corruption.. it allows for outside buisness deals: interests  to influence a vote for ownership of a prem team.

Or Abramovic could  block a rich businessman ( after pressure from the Russian government) from Ukraine  from ownership.

its just a no no no all over for me.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

#thismeansmore apparently.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's as if everything Liverpool do somehow has a deeper meaning than the achievements of every other football club. "This means more". 

I bet that Man City and Chelsea aren’t as enthusiastic as the other four ....spurs are desperate to be included in a closed shop so will support it ....the other three have US ownership and thats  the main reason for this .....

• Like 1

"Top 6" teams (nb top 6 referring to what Sky Sports think of as top 6, not actually determined by where they actually finish in the league) can vote through what they like. So that'll be guaranteed European places for them, no Europe for anyone else regardless of where they finish. Oh, and more TV money too, becuase they've voted for it. And Man United guaranteed the title every year, as success is to be determined by which team has the largest number of commercial partners and Twitter followers, instead of that archaic method based on wins, losses and goals.

The "Big 6" are a pox on football. If clubs have to vanish as a result of the pandemic, can we put Man United and Liverpool first, and they can take Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs (who are "Big 6" despite winning the square root of **** all for decades, because, hey, they are in London, and the media is packed with Spurs supporting Journalists, presenters and Ex-Spurs pundits) with them. I think the game would be better without them and their endless media circlejerk.

Edited by orangecity23

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Sounds like another power grab by the “big 6” and another nail in the coffin for football as we know it.

They're business not football clubs. Highly unlikely there is anything altruistic in this, so I will approach with extreme scepticism until proven otherwise

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Who do you follow?

I am from the Thurmaston/Syston area, was trying to find non league teams online yesterday, I know a few who go to Coalville games.

I live in Sheffield so have Sheffield FC, Hallam and Stocksbridge all within 20 minutes of mine.

Leicestershire is pretty rough for options higher up the none league chain. A lot travel a decent way for Coalville purely as it has the biggest gate in the county. They have started really well this season.
Options near you would be Quorn, Melton or Loughborough. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Next step if this gets passed will be no relegation or promotion and making the Premier League a closed shop similar to American sports.

No relegation for their Big 6 you mean..

The timing of this announcement has been made to distract the anger away from the £15/match rip off.

• Like 1

What about a Counter move..called " none of the big 6" ...

The World over, there are more fans that support "The others". Thats where the game can re-invent itself...

Bring Football back to the honest, thoughtfull Masses....!!

A clever wise Media output,could generate First sensible money,then Grow quickly to have their own competitions.

Not just kill,but Murder the present ideology Running the CL Top European Team elite.

• Like 1

Genuinely if this is the way the league is going, I'd rather see us back in the Championship. 

I'll always have the club as my first footballing love but I've moved about and seen a messy non league Saturday is just as, if not more, fun as sitting in a cold, soulless stadium for stupid money. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Here’s the proposals for people who don’t have access to the article 

The proposals include:

•  
  • Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.
  • Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts
  • A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, away travel subsidised, a focus on a return to safe standing, a minimum away allocation of eight per cent capacity
  • Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament
  • Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

...where do you think you are....Belgium!!!

• Haha 1

There are some nice side bits like the £20 away cap etc... but ultimately this is all just about one thing and one thing in-particular - the 'big six' giving themselves more power. It's no surprise at all that the two biggest clubs, both American owned, are driving this idea.

These proposals rarely come to anything thankfully but given how corrupt the league obviously is now I'm really not ruling this out too soon.

• Like 3