Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

Clever stuff. Wrapping up tasty looking things for away fans in to try and curry favour with people. 

Basically it's an FU to the English football fraternity. Make no mistake, they don't care about us. It's the worldwide market they give a shit about. We can be as pissed as we want. The club loyalists in the UK will go along with it, the fans across the world will love with it. Bank balances boosted. Job done.

Would bloody hope we wouldn't vote in favour of it, too.

Part of me is hoping this is just a test balloon to see the backlash, and I'm glad the PL have already worked on slapping it down.

Honestly, I couldn't say I'd jack top level football in like others (admire you btw) but it turns me off so much. The six biggest teams running the show would a sickening way to run English football. Anyone who votes for it would be beholden to these teams as they pull the strings, turning our game into what they want rapidly. 

Piss off

• Like 1

It's not about reducing fixtures for everyone to save energy/ fitness and allow more time- it will give more revenue to the 18 remaining teams (with the top six getting a bigger share still) and free up space for an expanded Champions League and to travel around the world for pre-season games.

I'm glad the Premier League have been swift to respond.

• Thanks 1

They are scum. There is just no other way to describe them. Leeches perhaps. Using their ill gotten gains stolen from destroying one business in order to destroy another. "its just business" as if that's an excuse to legitimize their behavior.

One of the main reasons I was attracted to English Football was that they hadn't killed the uniqueness of it. In the states all the sports I loved since I was a child have been commodified and commercialized until finally losing interest. Knew this was coming.

At some point you have ask yourself why you watch football or any sport for that matter. Where's the pleasure? I haven't quite reached the breaking point yet but I know its coming. Especially when I take more enjoyment watching a coach teaching players on a field and trying to figure out what knowledge or skill is being taught.

Modern Football is getting tiresome but it still has beauty. Sick of Corporate corruption.

You watch "they'll" asset strip and buy for pence on the Lb a bunch of the EFL clubs and use them to stockpile players.

In baseball in the US they call it the Minor Leagues or an A/ AA/ AAA Club or a Main Clubs "farm system" hint hint. Then "they'll" auction off the B clubs to the town or city with the highest bid and best facilities that "they" don't have to pay for of course. And If "they" decide to pick up and leave for somewhere else for a bigger and better deal after a couple of seasons, well tough tooties.

Welcome to Predatory Crapitalism and you can kiss your history good bye.

No coincidence it is two American owned clubs trying to push this through and these two clubs don't have sugar daddies.  This is Sewerpool and Manure wanting a bigger slice of mamma's pumpkin pie, they want to kill competion in the prem league and guarantee top 4 every year.  They are just dressing this up as a help package, when in fact it is just a power/money grab by themselves.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Whoever has proposed this, is to be frank, an utter cockwomble.

Actually its much worse than that. But at least they've showed you their hand. For a reason. They want out. Let them go with nothing more than what they have on their backs. Watch what happens. The TV money will drop but living within your means can produce unexpected simple pleasures. The worries that come with greed are nothing to aspire to.

Edited by SO1

23 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You watch "they'll" asset strip and buy for pence on the Lb a bunch of the EFL clubs and use them to stockpile players.

In baseball in the US they call it the Minor Leagues or an A/ AA/ AAA Club or a Main Clubs "farm system" hint hint. Then "they'll" auction off the B clubs to the town or city with the highest bid and best facilities that "they" don't have to pay for of course. And If "they" decide to pick up and leave for somewhere else for a bigger and better deal after a couple of seasons, well tough tooties.

Welcome to Predatory Crapitalism and you can kiss your history good bye.

They don't need to do that as this has been happening already for years, Man City have a host of clubs all over the world, Chelsea have a few also, look at Vitesse where they're players always go, Leicester even have a simialr thing going with Leuven.

This is a sad ****ing day. League football in England is envied the world over. The competitiveness the unpredictability, the talent. Now we have two of our biggest clubs hell bent on break the league structure up. It’s ****ing shit. This is a shit proposal which I hope never sees the light of day. However, given both clubs are run by people who didn’t grow up watching the magic of this countries favourite sport, 8 fear it will not be. 

When it comes to the Premier League, when something is not broke, don’t try and fix it.

7 minutes ago, Adster said:

Government response to the project...

This Government has no sense of irony given what they are doing to our country, their cronyism, elitism etc.

This is a cynical and obscene power grab on the back of the Covid crisis. A Trojan horse with at the centre a small clique seeking to have all control of the Premier League to the detriment of every other club. They're even giving a quarter of the other PL teams' money away, which will only widen the gap between the elite and the rest.

At least we won the league when it was still possible. No club will ever again be allowed to "do a Leicester".