Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Clubs with a "longer continual stay" in the Premier League than us...

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester United

Manchester City

Everton

Tottenham

Southampton

Crystal Palace

West Ham

Just so we're clear, these plans would exclude the 2015/16 Premier League Champions from any decision making, in favour of teams that haven't won it for:

8 years (Man Utd),

16 years (Arsenal),

have only just won it after 28 years of the completion (Liverpool)

and a bunch of clubs who have never won it -

Spurs (finished 2nd once),

Everton (finished 4th in 2004),

Southampton (6th ),

West Ham (7th),

Palace (10th).

Just like the 2015/16 Premier League Champions receiving the 5th highest prize money that season, these rules are designed to profit the traditionally rich and successful and exclude every club that dares to defy the odds.

They can **** off.

Go through the football league and you'll find clubs like Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday who have won more league titles than most of those sides. Well, in the case of Southampton/Palace/West Ham they have never won it!

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Go through the football league and you'll find clubs like Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday who have won more league titles than most of those sides. Well, in the case of Southampton/Palace/West Ham they have never won it!

I was just thinking, after the post I did just above yours - what if they gave decision making to the only clubs to have won the Premier League?

Blackburn would have more of a say than Spurs, which would be brilliant. 

And considerably ****ing fairer than these proposals.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I was just thinking, after the post I did just above yours - what if they gave decision making to the only clubs to have won the Premier League?

Blackburn would have more of a say than Spurs, which would be brilliant. 

And considerably ****ing fairer than these proposals.

Blackburn have won the top flight more than Spurs anyway. Blackburn won the league title twice before the "Premier League" and Spurs have only won it twice in their entire history.

So even if you take "the Premier League" part out of it, Blackburn would still have more of a say than Spurs.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

The proposal about TV income being distributed based on Premier League performance over 3 seasons absolutely stinks.  It's designed to prevent the smaller prem teams from building on the success of one season whilst compensating the big clubs for underperforming.  Absolutely disgusting.

• Like 4

I think I am doing to dispense with my interest in football. This is the future of it. They are going to use the current economic crisis to cement their total control over the game and eliminate any prospect of smaller teams competing with them.

Be thankful you got to watch our club win the league when it was still a competition, and find new hobbies I reckon.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

100000% this. 

This is ****ing terrifying, ****ing horrifying and we should all be ****ing outraged. 

Exploiting the situation is exactly what they're doing, they're going to use the desperation of clubs struggling through financial crisis as a result of a global pandemic that's killing hundreds of thousands in order to further cement their status as the already super rich, untouchable clubs at the top of the pile. 

Spot on. We lose our power and right to an equal vote, any potential takeover can be vetoed and the threat of relegation increases.

A hideous idea.

To get this through atm would need a majority of all the clubs and I can't see that happening. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Apart from the clubs 4th and 5th from bottom obviously being against this for the "lesser" clubs it'd mean losing 2 home games  and a possible league Cup run, ie less money. 

What it is, I suspect is a negotiating stance. Ask for something ridiculous and hope they meet you half way. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The proposal about TV income being distributed based on Premier League performance over 3 seasons absolutely stinks.  It's designed to prevent the smaller prem teams from building on the success of one season whilst compensating the big clubs for underperforming.  Absolutely disgusting.

The same basis as FFP only even more positive for the biggest clubs ...... it’s business ......and I can’t see how you stop it because like most things, it will eventually happen as people can be ‘encouraged’ to vote the way they need to .....