Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

"Project Big Picture"

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Genuinely can't be arsed with football, I honestly don't even know why I renewed my ST, it's not the sport for me anymore.

I really need to try non league!

Those moments I've had on away games, that buzz, of scoring a goal, the desire to get those moments is what keeps me going back. I really think with VAR in place you're losing even that now. My interest is definitely dwindling and I say that as somebody who has been a borderline obsessive.

Our sport is being robbed. It's a disgrace.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Knocks the idea on the head that Liverpool were in anyways an ethical club 

I tend to find those who want to reinforce the idea how ethical, morally superior etc... they are on others all the time do it for the reason that actually, they aren't.

• Like 2

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1860125?sf238717394=1

Premier League not too impressed 

"We have seen media reports today regarding a plan to restructure football in this country.

English football is the world's most watched, and has a vibrant, dynamic and competitive league structure that drives interest around the globe.

To maintain this position, it is important that we all work together.

Both the Premier League and The FA support a wide-ranging discussion on the future of the game, including its competition structures, calendar and overall financing particularly in light of the effects of COVID-19.

Football has many stakeholders, therefore this work should be carried out through the proper channels enabling all clubs and stakeholders the opportunity to contribute.

In the Premier League's view, a number of the individual proposals in the plan published today could have a damaging impact on the whole game and we are disappointed to see that Rick Parry, Chair of the EFL, has given his on-the-record support.

The Premier League has been working in good faith with its clubs and the EFL to seek a resolution to the requirement for COVID-19 rescue funding.

This work will continue."

Edited by Zear0

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Knocks the idea on the head that Liverpool were in anyways an ethical club 

They aren't, like most they want what is best for them regardless of the consequences.

They just shout it louder and get heard.

Reducing to 18 teams will only allow clubs to play money spinning friendlies overseas. It’s 4 games a season. Leave it as it is. 

If we’re making changes, this is what I’d propose.

20 Team Leagues per league. 

Streaming service to watch games, for something as minimal at £15 / month, replacing all existing. Money distributed evenly at a set % per league. 

Reduced fan attendance prices, as it’ll be needed to fill the stadium.

Games happening every day - maybe this could incorporate the various other leagues as well. 

League Cup - only include teams not in Europe. Straight knockout, only teams from the football league. 

FA Cup - all teams, straight knockout, smaller team gets to play at home. If the same league, whoever gets drawn first gets home advantage. 

Auto Windowscreens trophy (or whatever it’s called now) - no U23 elite teams, just teams League 1 and below. 

Limit squads to 25 players. These can have any salary that you wish to give per week. 

Unlimited Youth players allowed, with a salary cap of “£2,500” per week. 

Scrap loans. If someone wants to play football, they’ll need to go and find a club. Stops clubs stockpiling players as they’d need to leave to get a better salary. It should make teams more competitive.

Youth league - whereby up to “full” squad 4 players are allowed to play.

Community Shield -  keep it, however have a mini tournament between the winners of each league, FA Cup, League Cup and Auto Window Screen. Winners get a European spot or something like that. 

Transfer window - open all the time. 

Voting for change - majority between all clubs in the reformed league system to push through. 

Minimum 3 players required from England in the starting Squad. 

..... some of that is pie in the sky, however it’d make a more competitive league system. 

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I like 24 teams per league in the Football League. The amount of games is a huge selling point for fans who want value for money. Reducing to 20 teams is a poor idea.

Fair point! 

I am really surprised the 'Big 6' are not trying to include a 'Cherry Picking Rule' whereby they (The Big 6) can take any player they wish from any of the other remaining 12 EPL Clubs at a 'knocked down' price, this to avoid teams like little old Leicester having Woody's pants around his ankles for a second time by flogging them a Dud for UKP80m. 

This stinks to me.  The Big 6 worried they may get gatecrashed.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am really surprised the 'Big 6' are not trying to include a 'Cherry Picking Rule' whereby they (The Big 6) can take any player they wish from any of the other remaining 12 EPL Clubs at a 'knocked down' price, this to avoid teams like little old Leicester having Woody's pants around his ankles for a second time by flogging them a Dud for UKP80m. 

Something like that wouldn't surprise me. Or given that they are Americans.... I wouldnt put it past them implementing a "Draft" where they could pick a player from any of the other teams for nowt.  

7 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Loans are massively important for lower league clubs, too.

I'd say a full squad limit and you can only loan out 5 players per year, on long term deals but 3 month loans are maximum.

But salary caps are massively needed. Clubs having 70% of turnover going on player wages is crippling. 

Loans between PL clubs should be banned.

• Like 1

This is just a power grab by the ‘big’ six with the guise of being the good guys trying to fix all that is wrong with football. They can **** right off. Absolutely no need for them to mess around with the voting rights aside from ensuring they can solidify their position in the future (aka Super league)

Edited by Mehrez

People been ****ing rattling on about going to support their non league sides for ages after anything like this leaks, especially after that fifteen quid nonsense, and I bet a load haven't.

Go and ****ing do it and stop having your pants down.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

Reducing to 18 teams will only allow clubs to play money spinning friendlies overseas. It’s 4 games a season. Leave it as it is. 

If we’re making changes, this is what I’d propose.

20 Team Leagues per league. 

Streaming service to watch games, for something as minimal at £15 / month, replacing all existing. Money distributed evenly at a set % per league. 

Reduced fan attendance prices, as it’ll be needed to fill the stadium.

Games happening every day - maybe this could incorporate the various other leagues as well. 

League Cup - only include teams not in Europe. Straight knockout, only teams from the football league. 

FA Cup - all teams, straight knockout, smaller team gets to play at home. If the same league, whoever gets drawn first gets home advantage. 

Auto Windowscreens trophy (or whatever it’s called now) - no U23 elite teams, just teams League 1 and below. 

Limit squads to 25 players. These can have any salary that you wish to give per week. 

Unlimited Youth players allowed, with a salary cap of “£2,500” per week. 

Scrap loans. If someone wants to play football, they’ll need to go and find a club. Stops clubs stockpiling players as they’d need to leave to get a better salary. It should make teams more competitive.

Youth league - whereby up to “full” squad 4 players are allowed to play.

Community Shield -  keep it, however have a mini tournament between the winners of each league, FA Cup, League Cup and Auto Window Screen. Winners get a European spot or something like that. 

Transfer window - open all the time. 

Voting for change - majority between all clubs in the reformed league system to push through. 

Minimum 3 players required from England in the starting Squad. 

..... some of that is pie in the sky, however it’d make a more competitive league system. 

I actually like it....

3 small points...

# Player loans.....still allowed,but only until 23 Y rs old. Entice  motivate youth..!!

# I would push for a Minimum of 4 English players in team, and 2 on the bench,Plus at least 2 Young developement squad Member on the bench,if not in team..

# Tranfer window closes October until Middle of January. 

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Well it used to be the big four until United and Spurs turned shit. 

Edited by jonthefox

So to summarise they want clubs outside of the ‘big’ six: 

- to lose atleast 25% of their revenue

- face a greater risk of relegation,

- lose revenue from the EFL cup

- have no say in the running of league 

And I fully expect once they get their voting power they’ll want open transfer windows so they can poach players whenever they like should a club dare to challenge them in the table.

Any club that votes for this outside of those greedy bastards would be idiotic.

• Like 1