Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

5 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Firstly, we’re third with the same points we had when we shit the bed last year. Secondly we’re a joke because we recruited zero cover in January and we’re paying the price already. 

So as soon as something goes slightly wrong, it’s definitely doom and gloom from here on in? Absolutely zero chance of revival?

Just now, M0901 said:

Yes that’s LAST season? Why is it Leicester fans mentality that a couple of defeats means impending doom?

Because this is the same set of players and the situation is literally exactly the same as last season?

Do you invest? Or make any predictions in your job or life? If so, please don’t for the sake of your wallet...

• Like 1

Just now, polska2000 said:

Were not a joke you can't pick and choose when you get injuries 

There’s literally a team who’s job it is to prevent them and from the injuries sustained I can tell you that they have to take blame here.

Adductor, groin, hernia - those are all overworked gym injuries. 

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Because this is the same set of players and the situation is literally exactly the same as last season?

Do you invest? Or make any predictions in your job or life? If so, please don’t for the sake of your wallet...

We did invest- Castagne and Fofana came in and boosted the first 14/15, supplemented by selling Chilwell.

But we're in a pandemic when the only income is from TV. We can't spend massive amounts.

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

I’m giving my opinion like you give yours. Does it mean you’re right because you don’t agree? Or are you getting personal for no reason?

Just now, Corky said:

We did invest- Castagne and Fofana came in and boosted the first 14/15, supplemented by selling Chilwell.

But we're in a pandemic when the only income is from TV. We can't spend massive amounts.

I’m talking about the poster not the club mate

Just now, M0901 said:

I’m giving my opinion like you give yours. Does it mean you’re right because you don’t agree? Or are you getting personal for no reason?

You told me to get my head out my arse? Go there and I’ll equal your petty personal responses mate. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Justin and who else?

Looked pretty clear Barnes issue was ligaments to the knee and Perez was an impact injury sustained in Liverpool game. 

We are not the only club in this problem and I suspect those clubs remaining in Europe are going to suffer the same 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Looked pretty clear Barnes issue was ligaments to the knee and Perez was an impact injury sustained in Liverpool game. 

We are not the only club in this problem and I suspect those clubs remaining in Europe are going to suffer the same 

Yeah I mean I would be remiss to say it’s not down to all the games. It is, but I really think the accountability has to be also shared at the door of the medical and sports science teams. What on earth are they doing during breaks between games??

Everyone was happy to take the piss out of Klopp when he warned about all these problems that were coming this season. It’s not just the amount of work being asked of players this year, it was the lack of pre-season prep, lack of a pre-season before restart following 3 months off and no chance to train properly.

Most clubs have had a big problem at some point, we just never seem to have managed any time without a significant problem

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd have needed to make 6 signings in January.

A couple would have been better than the business we did do...

CL , FA Cup and top 4 and injuries around...

but we settled for what we had...

and any scarce links were very much last minute ones..

Just think we haven’t learnt from

last season.. not often a club like ours could find themselves in the CL... we blew it last season..

Could possibly go the same way this season..

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah I mean I would be remiss to say it’s not down to all the games. It is, but I really think the accountability has to be also shared at the door of the medical and sports science teams. What on earth are they doing during breaks between games??

Literally barely anything. They have one training session. This week before Burnley will be recovery and then training. Then game. 

Alongside this a lot of players are virtually living at Seagrave now without seeing family due to the schedule 

6 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Everyone was happy to take the piss out of Klopp when he warned about all these problems that were coming this season. It’s not just the amount of work being asked of players this year, it was the lack of pre-season prep, lack of a pre-season before restart following 3 months off and no chance to train properly.

Most clubs have had a big problem at some point, we just never seem to have managed any time without a significant problem

I don't think anyone was really taking the piss out of Klopp. People were pissed off with the narrative that Sky and the media in general were pushing saying Liverpool are the only team with injuries. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

Well it's way worse than last season, there was a malaise for months at this club with just 2 injuries and there's been a huge learning curve and we've handled the relentless season very well, it's not as if we've just got injuries as we have managed to keep going but it is now beyond repair. We have been decimated, I don't see how we get 7 wins from the final 2 to be in the mix for top 4, top 6 will be a huge ask.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Not having injuries as excuse. Whether we rated them or not let’s not forget we let a winger and striker go from the squad in January and didn’t replace them! Looking like an awful decision that is. They’d be playing between now and end of season! 

It’s only looks a bad decision because of the injuries, captain hindsight.