Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

I imagine the reasons behind our ever increasing injuries are both varied and complex. However, some injuries don’t occur in a vacuum and cannot be simply down to bad luck.

For example, it’s  basic logic to assume that the more minutes a footballer plays during a season, the more likely they are to gain injuries. In regards to this season :

Justin was ranked 5th in the number of minutes played by a fullback. Youri (Def Mid category) was ranked 3rd, Maddison (Att Mid category) 6th, Barnes (Winger Category) 8th and Vardy (Striker category) 10th. 

Also, I don’t think you could necessarily use the argument it was unexpected. Last season  Vardy was 5th, Maddison 12th, Youri was 3rd and Wilf was 5th. 

Personally, I think it’s the backups in the LW/RW/ST which is shocking. How on earth have we got into a position where we have no cover on the LW, reliant on Albright and a loan player who BR doesn’t rate and a 34 yr old striker?  

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan

You have to ask the question as to whether it's just unlucky or is there something else going on. If Barnes has been managing the injury, should he not just to had the op before now, in a period where we had more options. Is there anything we could've done in between games.

It's difficult to rotate when I don't think we've had a game this season where everyone was available. 

We definitely should've signed a forward body in Jan. Especially after letting Gray/Slimani go. It wasn't possible for whatever reason but we've had noone to play instead of Barnes all season. 

• Like 1

Lol what about our history makes people hear "at least 6 weeks" directly after a game and turn that into "at least he'll be back for WBA".  I've found out the formula for injury time out conversion:

[(Amount of time Brenden says post game) * (Importance of player ^ amount of time played on after being injured)] + (# of times Brenden says "precautionary") * π = Actual time Out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest bss9401

I worry for Soyuncu's Mental health because he looks increasingly like he is going to tw*t someone very soon.

I would not rule out it being one of our own players given the look of exasperation on his face recently.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We can't say we haven't rotated enough because I think we've managed our injuries brilliantly, hence why we are 3rd and got to the knockout stages of EL without it effecting our league form as well as the QF of the FA Cup we are still in.

We don't have the depth of quality in reserve thats the harsh reality and yet we still have done so well. I'm trying not to be too downbeat on the club but we really did need an attacking player in January and it's coming back to bite us horribly by the looks of it in the cruelest fashion.

Putting aside the usual joshing and japes, is Tavares worthy of serious consideration for a start? Trying to paint this shit show into some sort of opportunity.

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I’ve calmed down a bit since earlier, but if we can’t get past Burnley, Brighton & Sheff U in our next 3 with a good return of points we probably don’t deserve top 4 when you take into account our home form. 

I'm not sure I understand this thinking about 'not deserving top 4'. Not least when you take in to account we're the only side who have stayed in the top all season. No other club has that label. Of course, a season is played over 38 games and I don't want to only use the stats that favour an argument I make, but whether we deserve top 4 or not will be determined by the end of the season, either way.

Not beating Burnley, Brighton & Sheff Utd and then ending up finishing in the top 4 ultimately means we do deserve to finish top 4 because we've garnered enough points across 35 other games to get to that position.

13 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Not sure if mentioned in an earlier post but amazing that nearly all of our injuries have been when playing at home.  Could the pitch be a factor as it seems a massive coincidence plus they are going to lay a new one.

I definitely think the pitch has been a factor, heavy and slow since the wet autumn. Not great for turning and it appears to be very slippy. Nowhere near the outstanding standard it’s been for last the decade. The ground staff haven’t changed, I think they’ve said it’s basically 20 years old, knackered, and needs renewing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I definitely think the pitch has been a factor, heavy and slow since the wet autumn. Not great for turning and it appears to be very slippy. Nowhere near the outstanding standard it’s been for last the decade. The ground staff haven’t changed, I think they’ve said it’s basically 20 years old, knackered, and needs renewing. 

also it is partly synthetic.Does it still "give" naturally?

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not sure I understand this thinking about 'not deserving top 4'. Not least when you take in to account we're the only side who have stayed in the top all season. No other club has that label. Of course, a season is played over 38 games and I don't want to only use the stats that favour an argument I make, but whether we deserve top 4 or not will be determined by the end of the season, either way.

Not beating Burnley, Brighton & Sheff Utd and then ending up finishing in the top 4 ultimately means we do deserve to finish top 4 because we've garnered enough points across 35 other games to get to that position.

Weve not dropped out the top five in almost two seasons. If you want to be pedantic(correct word?) We did when the League reset with everyone being on zeros across the board. Were a very very good team. 

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

The fact we knew Barnes wasn’t right before the game and he’s now put for 6 weeks worries me. How many others are struggling and just one twist away from making something worse and needing and operation? 

I don't understand why this is a shock to anyone. We manage injuries regularly and managing it is part luck anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We can't say we haven't rotated enough because I think we've managed our injuries brilliantly, hence why we are 3rd and got to the knockout stages of EL without it effecting our league form as well as the QF of the FA Cup we are still in.

We don't have the depth of quality in reserve thats the harsh reality and yet we still have done so well. I'm trying not to be too downbeat on the club but we really did need an attacking player in January and it's coming back to bite us horribly by the looks of it in the cruelest fashion.

Yep agreed. 

To be fair we were in for an attacking midfielder in jan but for whatever reason it just didn’t come off. Eriksen wages or whatever was one reason. The club tried but we won’t go paying over the odds for a player nor bring in someone who we didn’t think would improve the overall squad. We could’ve ended up with another body which would be useful right now knowing what we know now re Barnes and Maddison injuries but if it’s another under then doesn’t really add that much to us.  

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weirdly at this point last year united spurs and Chelsea all hit injury crisis'. That three months off really helped them. It killed us. If the same happened now it would really help us.

Yep. 

Man United got the biggest help. People laughed at that Karen girl for her Leeds comment but it's true. Same goes for Man United. IF covid wasn't a thing they wouldn't have finished top 4, we probably would have. 

• Like 2