Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

That's the frustrating part. We reached early January and it looked like we were having an almost fully fit squad. Since then we've lost Praet, Castagne, Vardy, Fofana, Perez, Maddison and now Barnes (maybe Evans) for varying spells.

2 hours ago, turkish14 said:

But when we do manage the squad a la slavia, fans are not happy. Agree with your point though 

See your point and agree that people would be vocal although I think the load management needs to be more granular, I.e. Rest one/two player/s out of the eleven each game to allow recovery, rather than just having either the full XI or a second string. We'd likely have experienced less injuries and maintained a more consistent level of performances rather than peaks and troughs. 

Also I'd have like to see us better manage player loads in game. There's been a fair few games where player 'x' could have been subbed off at 60 mins and we'd have still closed out the game yet said player played the full 90. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

So, what are we looking at currently?

Fofana- this week?

Perez- must be soon

Maddison- 3 weeks

Praet- early April

Barnes- six weeks

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Good website to check as they update it with the most recent quotes from pressers regarding injuries

Perez - Feb 26: "We're seeing how he is over the next few days. There's no timeline. We're just waiting to see how he reacts."

Praet - Feb 26: "He's progressing really well. He's quite a way down the road in terms of his rehab. We're hoping in early March he can rejoin."

Fofana - Feb 26: "He had a hamstring strain. He's recovering well and has been out on the field. He should rejoin the training group next week."

Maddison - Feb 25: "We've got no timeline on it. It's going to be one of those where he doesn't need anything surgically, it's just going to be about once the pain dies down."

Morgan - Feb 26: "He's had an ongoing issue with his back. He's with our medical team and doing very well. Maybe in the next couple of weeks."

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

4 games in March for us to get through - Burnley, Brighton, Sheff Utd, Man Utd

Then we have a 2 week International Break going into April

Going into the Man City game on April 3rd we should be at the point where we are only missing Barnes (who will still have 2+ weeks left), and JJ

Perez, Praet, Fofana, Maddison, Evans, Morgan should all be back by then

The problem is that 3 of those games they will miss are probably amongst the most winnable we have left. If we fail to win any of those we are stuffed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Good website to check as they update it with the most recent quotes from pressers regarding injuries

Perez - Feb 26: "We're seeing how he is over the next few days. There's no timeline. We're just waiting to see how he reacts."

Praet - Feb 26: "He's progressing really well. He's quite a way down the road in terms of his rehab. We're hoping in early March he can rejoin."

Fofana - Feb 26: "He had a hamstring strain. He's recovering well and has been out on the field. He should rejoin the training group next week."

Maddison - Feb 25: "We've got no timeline on it. It's going to be one of those where he doesn't need anything surgically, it's just going to be about once the pain dies down."

Morgan - Feb 26: "He's had an ongoing issue with his back. He's with our medical team and doing very well. Maybe in the next couple of weeks."

I glean from that that Fofana could be back in the squad for Brighton; Perez is a possibility but still some uncertainty.

Praet back in training next week. Could be back in the squad for Sheff Utd but wouldn't be surprised if he's given the international break to continue to regain fitness.

Maddison totally unknown. 

9 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

There's definitely a degree of luck no doubt, but there's also an argument that some of these injuries may be down to poor conditioning, which the management team and backroom staff are responsible for. If joint stability for instance isn't given the consideration that's required you'll inevitably see player's experiencing these types of injuries frequently. 

Whilst an unkind comment wonder  why we have so many injuries when medical staff  are better pitches much better  and rough tackling virtually  abolished . Some years ago  allof Liverpool players  all played well over 60 games  only used 15 players  and won virtually  everything  whereas now cant seem to keep fit . I  know memory can be selective  but Frank Worthington  Lennie Glover  Graham Cross Gary Lineker Steve Lynex  Keith Weller and numerous others  were hardly ever out   A  feature of all great players is they are nearly always available  and hardly ever rested .  Typical  being right back Lawton Finney Matthews  all  the world cup squad   Best  Peli  and even  modern day when Messi  and to a lesser degree Ronaldo always  seem to play . In respect of conditioning I wonder how much Dave Rennie is missed 

36 minutes ago, Hammo said:

It’s been unreal - just hope you haven’t jinxed those two.

They've both played a lot of football this season already. Difficult decision to make. Do we give youri a rest (not easy with the current injury situation),or do we risk him getting injured as well? Glad it's not my decision.

4 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Whilst an unkind comment wonder  why we have so many injuries when medical staff  are better pitches much better  and rough tackling virtually  abolished . Some years ago  allof Liverpool players  all played well over 60 games  only used 15 players  and won virtually  everything  whereas now cant seem to keep fit . I  know memory can be selective  but Frank Worthington  Lennie Glover  Graham Cross Gary Lineker Steve Lynex  Keith Weller and numerous others  were hardly ever out   A  feature of all great players is they are nearly always available  and hardly ever rested .  Typical  being right back Lawton Finney Matthews  all  the world cup squad   Best  Peli  and even  modern day when Messi  and to a lesser degree Ronaldo always  seem to play . In respect of conditioning I wonder how much Dave Rennie is missed 

Pitches were awful back then which counteracts the lesser intensity of now

the players these days are real athletes - back then you could get away without being that! 

and this season has not had a proper pre season and is two games every week 

it adds up ....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The problem is that 3 of those games they will miss are probably amongst the most winnable we have left. If we fail to win any of those we are stuffed.

Surely that's worked out quite well for us. We should still have enough to beat sheffield utd, brighton and burnley

1 hour ago, Corky said:

So, what are we looking at currently?

Fofana- this week?

Perez- must be soon

Maddison- 3 weeks

Praet- early April

Barnes- six weeks

Roughly yeah, although I think you can add a week onto each of those in order to get them playing and match fit. Praet it'll be an extra 2 weeks. I'm also gonna assume Barnes will be slightly longer than six weeks sadly, but hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully we can have a fully fit squad for 24th April, those final 6 games will be key and we're likely to need 3 or so wins to guarantee European football.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What proportion of our injuries have we picked up at home? Have a feeling all these injuries might be being caused by our pitch that we were supposed to dig up this summer.

I was thinking that while watching the game earlier.  Maybe it's also helping the opposition when they, err, get, err, 'tackled' :P :( 

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What proportion of our injuries have we picked up at home? Have a feeling all these injuries might be being caused by our pitch that we were supposed to dig up this summer.

From memory

Perez - vs Liverpool at home

Maddison - vs Villa away

Fofana - not sure?

Barnes - vs Arsenal at home

Praet - vs Stoke away

Justin - vs Brighton at home

Having said that, that's just the moment the injury happened. Like Rodgers alluded to today, the injuries might have been there before (not to the same severity) and they were trying to be managed. 

I think it would be too much of a stretch to blame it on the pitch. As Rennie tweeted, there's a lot more to it than just any one thing. Some of it could be to do with the high intensity, high frequency of games, lack of pre-season, lack of recovery time, poor management of injuries...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

From memory

Perez - vs Liverpool at home

Maddison - vs Villa away

Fofana - not sure?

Barnes - vs Arsenal at home

Praet - vs Stoke away

Justin - vs Brighton at home

Having said that, that's just the moment the injury happened. Like Rodgers alluded to today, the injuries might have been there before (not to the same severity) and they were trying to be managed. 

I think it would be too much of a stretch to blame it on the pitch. As Rennie tweeted, there's a lot more to it than just any one thing. Some of it could be to do with the high intensity, high frequency of games, lack of pre-season, lack of recovery time, poor management of injuries...

Think fofana was leeds at home along with timmy. 

24 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I keep seeing this but did we dig the pitch up and re-lay when the season was paused (Almost a year ago).

Perhaps that was rushed, not done correctly, not done as throughly as it would during a summer re-lay, I don't know enough about that but I can't see 3 months (The difference between when we re-laid it and a summer re-lay) makes that much of a difference, unless as i've said it was rushed/not done properly. :dunno:

I guess we played on the pitch when the season restarted so that'd make abit of a difference but this much a difference? Really?

Found it:

Edited by Matt

19 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Surely that's worked out quite well for us. We should still have enough to beat sheffield utd, brighton and burnley

Burnley and brighton ?

we won’t have any additions for them

will be missing evans 

can’t see them risking little wes 

Burnley will test us from set pieces and brighton will play around us 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Fofana trained twice this week. Should continue training next week. Might even see him in one of the games. 

Perez should be back soon, Maddison hopefully too. 

Honestly would not be arsed if we went back to a back 3/5-2-3 became boring for a few games and tried to nick a goal here and there to get a job done. 

We have been boring for a few games and came away with nowt lol

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Burnley and brighton ?

we won’t have any additions for them

will be missing evans 

can’t see them risking little wes 

Burnley will test us from set pieces and brighton will play around us 

Reckon we will be the game where everything finally comes together for Brighton and they put 10 past us?

I’ve calmed down a bit since earlier, but if we can’t get past Burnley, Brighton & Sheff U in our next 3 with a good return of points we probably don’t deserve top 4 when you take into account our home form. 

Brighton (A) next week 

Sheff U (H) the week after 

Man U (H) in 3 weeks time 

+ 2 week international break 

At the end of this period we should hopefully see Fofana, Evans, Morgan, Praet, Maddison & Perez back with Barnes hopefully not too far behind, we just simply cannot afford anymore injuries!

• Like 2