Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Yeah spot on. Thank god Justin is a machine 

Oh my god don't tempt fate. 

This shouldn't come as a surprise, people were warning at this before the Christmas period. As I said then, if there's somebody to blame it's the FA/UEFA. They're forcing this hectic schedule in order to fit the season in before the Euros. We've spent the majority of this season playing two games a week (sometimes three). Players will get injured. And hopefully this doesn't effect us but some will get injuries that will effect the rest of their careers. When they say they care about player welfare, they're talking crap.

The authorities should have cancelled the Euros or postponed into 2022 where hopefully most of Europe will have been vaccinated (something that certainly wont happen by this summer) and it could have run relatively normally (depending on how we're doing).  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

This shouldn't come as a surprise, people were warning at this before the Christmas period. As I said then, if there's somebody to blame it's the FA/UEFA. They're forcing this hectic schedule in order to fit the season in before the Euros. We've spent the majority of this season playing two games a week (sometimes three). Players will get injured. And hopefully this doesn't effect us but some will get injuries that will effect the rest of their careers. When they say they care about player welfare, they're talking crap.

The authorities should have cancelled the Euros or postponed into 2022 where hopefully most of Europe will have been vaccinated (something that certainly wont happen by this summer) and it could have run relatively normally (depending on how we're doing).  

The really bizarre thing is to have played international friendlies 

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I honestly think this is going to result in a generation of incredibly injury prone players. This ridiculous schedule is not only ruining this season, not just for us but for pretty much every other team in the league, it's also going to have a seriously damaging effect on the quality of the league over the next few years due to players struggling to be available.

Weve played 30 games already this season, with the possibility of at least 20 more, potentially 30 (that assumes we go all the way in the fa Cup and europa). The squad isn't deep enough to compete on all levels but I think there's probably some realism at the club on that.

The injuries aren't the fault of anyone at the club it's the schedule. It's crazy. My concern is relying on a 34 year old striker with a dodgy hip to see us over the line this season.

Certain players like kelechi, ayoze, hamza and under are gonna play big roles.

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Weve played 30 games already this season, with the possibility of at least 20 more, potentially 30 (that assumes we go all the way in the fa Cup and europa). The squad isn't deep enough to compete on all levels but I think there's probably some realism at the club on that.

The injuries aren't the fault of anyone at the club it's the schedule. It's crazy. My concern is relying on a 34 year old striker with a dodgy hip to see us over the line this season.

Add in Amartey and Thomas to that group. Reckon both will get an awful lot of game time between now and end of season 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm okay (at the moment) in just keeping a more realistic expectation on how we finish the season. We did genuinely amazingly in managing an injured squad the first half of the season if we can replicate that in the second great. But if we can't we shouldn't start going crazy and asking for BR sacking or calling the team bottlers etc. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I'm okay (at the moment) in just keeping a more realistic expectation on how we finish the season. We did genuinely amazingly in managing an injured squad the first half of the season if we can replicate that in the second great. But if we can't we shouldn't start going crazy and asking for BR sacking or calling the team bottlers etc. 

Still think we'll finish 6 or 7th and that would be a great finish.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

This 100%. It's easy to take our recent success for granted and get annoyed when we look like we might not challenge for the title after all (as if, in reality) or qualify for Europe, etc. But we have to keep reminding ourselves that we are massively swimming against the tide.

We don't have a long, rich history, a big flash stadium and a willingness/capacity to pay huge wages. Look at the players that the likes of Man City and Man U have on the bench, compared to us. If Man U lost Rashford to injury would they even worry when they have 3 other strikers of similar quality? By contrast, we're playing Perez instead of one of the best PL strikers of the last decade - a massive drop off. Man City have gone all season without Aguero and yet they look like running away with it again as they have so many good alternatives.

Our first XI is hugely competitive but beyond that we don't have a whole other XI of top class players like these clubs. We have a few of course but mostly beyond the first team our squad is made up of promising but inexperienced youngsters like Thomas, solid but average pros like Amartey and Perez, and veterans like Fuchs and Morgan. For us to be achieving what we are is incredible, especially given the schedule and our injuries this season. 

It's easy to lose perspective but we all need to sit and reflect on how incredibly lucky we are to have a team, whilst maddeningly inconsistent at times, that plays great football, is mixing it with the big clubs and can beat anyone on its day. How many times have Leicester fans been able to say that in our history? We just need to enjoy it, even when inevitably we hit some bad patches when we miss key players. 

I hope that I still can feel this way if we lose to Fulham on Wednesday but I really should do, as should all of us.

• Like 3

Why is it that since Rodgers came in and especially during the last year that we have had so many injuries to first team players? Certainly it is a lot more than what we experienced before? Is it because of Rodgers’ training regime? Is it because there has not been enough pizza making sessions? Is it because of a change in our medical team? It is beyond luck (or lack thereof) now. Castagne did not based on what can be found have an injury problem before coming but now he seems to be plagued by injury after injury. Something must be wrong.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Why is it that since Rodgers came in and especially during the last year that we have had so many injuries to first team players? Certainly it is a lot more than what we experienced before? Is it because of Rodgers’ training regime? Is it because there has not been enough pizza making sessions? Is it because of a change in our medical team? It is beyond luck (or lack thereof) now. Castagne did not based on what can be found have an injury problem before coming but now he seems to be plagued by injury after injury. Something must be wrong.

All clubs are suffering with injuries this season due to the lack of a pre-season and the compact schedule

Leeds lost 2 players on Sunday due to muscle injuries, Liverpool have lost all of their centre backs, Burnley are missing their 2 main strikers, Wolves are missing half of their defenders

It is just something people are going to have to get used to this season (and probably next as well) that we are likely to end up losing more players to injuries, but so will other clubs

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

All clubs are suffering with injuries this season due to the lack of a pre-season and the compact schedule

Leeds lost 2 players on Sunday due to muscle injuries, Liverpool have lost all of their centre backs, Burnley are missing their 2 main strikers, Wolves are missing half of their defenders

It is just something people are going to have to get used to this season (and probably next as well) that we are likely to end up losing more players to injuries, but so will other clubs

Right. Fair point. Guess this season is also about which team is better at managing injuries (or has a deeper squad).

26 minutes ago, lanefox said:

So will commentators, pundits etc go on non stop about our injuries or is it still Liverpool that are the only team in world football that get them?

But it's Van Dyke you know …….. he's the best defender in the world you know and a leader of men both on and off the field of play. He's a huge miss to World Football. It's affecting Liverpool's title defence which isn't nice or fair. He's a huge miss.......huge and  upsetting. I'll have to leave it there I'm tearing up 

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, lanefox said:

So will commentators, pundits etc go on non stop about our injuries or is it still Liverpool that are the only team in world football that get them?

Did you miss the Leeds game, where Carragher made a big point about how many injuries we had earlier in the season and how well we have managed it? I think our injuries have been well covered tbh

with regards to Castagne and Fofana now that Ricardo and Cags are back, it's the perfect opportunity, to give them a couple weeks off, I know Fofana has been in good form, but starting to see a few small errors, we can easily prevent burnout in the defensive positions with what we have, not so much the midfield or attack.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Appears vontae-campbell and leshebela are training with the first team but not Ben so I'd be suprised to see him involved for this one.

Nelson hasn't been seen on any first team training videos or feature for the academy since the start of January. Not sure if Fin was alluding to him also being injured.

Vontae-Campbell is pony.