Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

Seriously though with injuries, Praet and JJ are out for most of the season we’ve now effectively got a 22 man squad for the remainder of the season - 3 of which  are goalkeepers.

Also included in that 22 is Captain Morgan - who in my opinion is unlikely to play for us again.

We now have Fofana and Perez out injured and not a lot of quality ready to step up from the U23s. 
There is no room to rotate and we are still alive in three competitions.

It could be a tough end to the season.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Seriously though with injuries, Praet and JJ are out for most of the season we’ve now effectively got a 22 man squad for the remainder of the season - 3 of which  are goalkeepers.

Also included in that 22 is Captain Morgan - who in my opinion is unlikely to play for us again.

We now have Fofana and Perez out injured and not a lot of quality ready to step up from the U23s. 
There is no room to rotate and we are still alive in three competitions.

It could be a tough end to the season.

Yeah but that's the whole point of having a squad though isn't it to deal with injuries. All other teams have to deal with the same challenge too. It's not as if we just expect to not get any injuries in the season.

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Isn't Praet's similar to Ndidi's injury? He was injured in mid-September and back playing in early December. If Praet's timescale is roughly similar he'll be back in the first week of April.

Wilf was an abductor, Dennis is a hamstring.  But both were estimated to be three months ....we know wilf is a quick healer. No idea bout Dennis ....

No more injuries today please :fc:

Careful with those hammies. Stating the bleedin' obvious but it's now got to the point where our season fails or sails depending on fitness. 

I'm finding myself concentrating more on whether a player gets up after a tackle rather than the game at the moment. 

• Like 1

Different slant..........

I have wondered why lcfc are so honest at press conferences by saying which players defo will or can't play.

I assumed it was kind of required.

I'm now reading that Villa are livid that news of the injury to Grealish leaked out as they were hoping to spring a surprise.

Sean From Smethwick aside, what's the correct way to do it?

On 19/02/2021 at 09:42, Hales said:

I'm am most probably being thick but I am post nightshift 😂😴 is the 3 months just for the injury and recovery or does that factor in training as well? So is it 3 months plus training time on top? 

There's also a mental factor involved with limb injuries. How long is it before a recovered player feels confident he is as good as new after treatment and recovery ? A player who is going into tackles and similar demands who holds effort back is not really match fit in my opinion. That time depends partly on the players mindset and other things.

Its imo a complicated business. If one is being chased by a sabre toothed tiger that time will be shorter than if you are being pressed by a couple of our back up squad. No names ,no pack drill. Once you know that time the manager has all the information needed for selection, or not. Barnes or JV could be substituted for the tiger.

I once had a fractured femur and it was a long while after i was pronounced fit and paid off before I played football as confidently.

Edited by Alan Frost

Hopefully Madders sounds like it was just precaution 🤞 Little Wes and Perez back in a couple of weeks, Dennis about 5 weeks. We are getting there. Pray for no more 🤞🙏 I flinch everytime they get a crunching tackle especially Youri!

Edited by Hales

1 hour ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Different slant..........

I have wondered why lcfc are so honest at press conferences by saying which players defo will or can't play.

I assumed it was kind of required.

I'm now reading that Villa are livid that news of the injury to Grealish leaked out as they were hoping to spring a surprise.

Sean From Smethwick aside, what's the correct way to do it?

A lot of our injuries have been known to the public as the players have gone off injured during a match, where as Grealish was injured in training a few days before so they tried to keep it quiet. I'd imagine we'd prefer to keep injuries quiet where possible. 

4 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Rodgers said in his post-match interview that Maddison was brought off "as a precaution" 

Although he added that he will be "assessed" ahead of Thursday's game against Slavia Prague 

The problem with Rodgers is that he's not always accurate on these things. Castagne's two weeks took more like two months. So a precaution and assessment could well mean a couple of weeks.

Just have to wait and see.Guess he may well miss Thursday though.

11 hours ago, turlo said:

A lot of our injuries have been known to the public as the players have gone off injured during a match, where as Grealish was injured in training a few days before so they tried to keep it quiet. I'd imagine we'd prefer to keep injuries quiet where possible. 

wouldve been a give away when they turned up a couple of hours prior to the game and the Grealish bus didn't arrive............ could possibly have been leaked by Grealish to Madders himself, probably shacked up together nowadays anyway