Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

18 hours ago, Fightforever said:

How often do you have to get constipation before its considered a problem?

It's not really the frequency but the severity that's the problem. Fecal impaction can result in severe cases. One treatment for this, sometimes suggested by doctors in walk-in clinics (assuming that you can still walk), is to use the handle of a teaspoon to dig out the blockage. It's not much fun!

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It's not really the frequency but the severity that's the problem. Fecal impaction can result in severe cases. One treatment for this, sometimes suggested by doctors in walk-in clinics (assuming that you can still walk), is to use the handle of a teaspoon to dig out the blockage. It's not much fun!

Reminds me of the constipated mathematician who worked it out with a pencil...

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

Ewww. I mean its better now it all just came out but man shoving a spoon up your ass and scooping it out sounds bad

Edited by Fightforever

7 hours ago, String fellow said:

Do you have actual experience of this? I doubt any doctor would advise the insertion of a non-sterile foreign object into what is essentially, part of your digestive system.

From the NHS website: Faecal impaction may be treated with: stronger laxatives – prescribed by a GP. a suppository – medicine you place in your bottom. a mini enema – where fluid is passed through your bottom, into your bowel.

I think you can stick your advice up your arse lol

• Like 1

I speak from personal experience - it's not the sort of thing I'd make up. When the blockage is solid and just inside, it's impossible to insert a suppository and laxatives just cause wateriness further up the bowel. Everyone inserts non-sterile objects (spoons and forks) into their mouths every day!

Edited by String fellow

1 hour ago, Milo said:

An actor friend of mine was having problems with his rear end and went to the doctor, with "A painful cyst, just on the entrance"

The doctor replied "In my profession, we call it the exit"

What about suppositories?

Just wanted to thought dump this somewhere, because it's been niggling at me for a while

As arrogant as it sounds, football is losing me. Fast. I didn't watch our Villa game at all (not even listen to it) and I don't think I've watched a full 90 outside of Leicester. I was nodding off during the Arsenal game. A match that ended up in us breaking a massive hoodoo, and the UEL games so far haven't been inspiring for me. The Villa game was the first match since Ipswich in 2013 I hadn't watched in person or on TV.

At first, Man City pulled me back in, I thought. I was so happy, buzzed. I thought my spark was raging inside me. Then it fast receded again. I just feel like the lack of fans for atmosphere, and (personal to me) ever increasing interest in College Football/NFL has shown me that heck, 90 minute football games can be so dull. Especially when there's no atmosphere.

I'm so tied to this team. My bloody enormous archive of video content, attending nearly every game. But even before lockdown I was starting to feel fatigued attending matches, following the ins and outs. I don't know if my interests/attention span is naturally changing. Now I see the starting XI, tune in at kick off, tune out at FT.

The knock on for me is the guilt I feel for feeling like it, and that's where my struggle is so real. I follow so many fans on Twitter, read people on here. I try not to, but I keep comparing myself to their level of support, and yet why do I feel the need to justify how I follow my club to myself!? It's mental.

I kind of hope it's just lockdown temporary. Full capacity crowds again (if they ever happen this side of the millennium!) will probably reignite it, but at the minute it's so hard for me, which I'm finding hard?

On 31/10/2020 at 16:12, Fightforever said:

How often do you have to get constipation before its considered a problem?

If it's happening regularly then it can lead to other problems, including faecal impaction as already mentioned.  Straining which can be a result of constipation can also lead to problems such as piles and prolapse.

It may be worth reducing meat and increasing fluid and fibre intake (as I was advised by my GP).  It's my understanding that a proportion of fluids consumed go into the intestinal tract so soften stools - too little fluid intake isn't good if you have constipation.  Insufficient fibre in the diet also doesn't help.  I started having a bowl of granola with my breakfast and that helped. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

If it's happening regularly then it can lead to other problems, including faecal impaction as already mentioned.  Straining which can be a result of constipation can also lead to problems such as piles and prolapse.

It may be worth reducing meat and increasing fluid and fibre intake (as I was advised by my GP).  It's my understanding that a proportion of fluids consumed go into the intestinal tract so soften stools - too little fluid intake isn't good if you have constipation.  Insufficient fibre in the diet also doesn't help.  I started having a bowl of granola with my breakfast and that helped. 

A magnesium supplement can be helpful as it an osmotic laxative.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Just wanted to thought dump this somewhere, because it's been niggling at me for a while

As arrogant as it sounds, football is losing me. Fast. I didn't watch our Villa game at all (not even listen to it) and I don't think I've watched a full 90 outside of Leicester. I was nodding off during the Arsenal game. A match that ended up in us breaking a massive hoodoo, and the UEL games so far haven't been inspiring for me. The Villa game was the first match since Ipswich in 2013 I hadn't watched in person or on TV.

At first, Man City pulled me back in, I thought. I was so happy, buzzed. I thought my spark was raging inside me. Then it fast receded again. I just feel like the lack of fans for atmosphere, and (personal to me) ever increasing interest in College Football/NFL has shown me that heck, 90 minute football games can be so dull. Especially when there's no atmosphere.

I'm so tied to this team. My bloody enormous archive of video content, attending nearly every game. But even before lockdown I was starting to feel fatigued attending matches, following the ins and outs. I don't know if my interests/attention span is naturally changing. Now I see the starting XI, tune in at kick off, tune out at FT.

The knock on for me is the guilt I feel for feeling like it, and that's where my struggle is so real. I follow so many fans on Twitter, read people on here. I try not to, but I keep comparing myself to their level of support, and yet why do I feel the need to justify how I follow my club to myself!? It's mental.

I kind of hope it's just lockdown temporary. Full capacity crowds again (if they ever happen this side of the millennium!) will probably reignite it, but at the minute it's so hard for me, which I'm finding hard?

You’re not alone. I still look forward to the games but it’s principally driven by routine at this point. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

When foreign teams sound like English words such as 'Braga' 'Deportivo Wanka' 'Basel' 'Nice', etc, does Leicester translate or sound like into anything mildly amusing in a foreign tongue?

Dunno, but Malaga is a really offensive word in Greek (apparently).