Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Whilst there's always a shape better suited for a specific filling, but generally speaking, cutting your sandwich in triangles is infinitely better than cutting into rectangles - despite the popularity of the latter over the former in the UK, apparently.

I'm sure there's a science behind it, but damn, they just taste better.

The Americans don't seem to cut their sandwiches at all, I asked my other half about this who lived in California and she confirmed. Savages.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Standing outside as the summer begins...the sun creeps from behind a cloud... it is immediately so earth scorchingly hot .... you listen and the silence is lost to sound of, the expanding metal on the corrugated iron fence, the roof of my house and the roof of my neighbours house.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2020 at 08:15, jonthefox said:

Like these bad boys. If you've ever been on Indian railways , you'll know.

toilets_on_the_india_railwa.jpg

I recall trying to force out a shit, 6am at Bordeaux services, en route to atletico away, 97. Tired, sweaty, dirty, stood up straight in a piss hole like that with around 800 City fans milling about outside the door. 

Suffice to say the Bob wouldn't present itself

Waiting on results on TMA02 from OU. Not supposed to discuss or talk about what the questions are or module topics. Not sure I am supposed to say what my marks were for TMA01 but count those trombones in the big parade over there %. TMA03 I may get the chance to use the terms 'social cleavage' and 'seduction' This is not what you may think. It relates to consumption inequality the oppressed and the seduced and a throwaway society in the UK.

So all in all ot much to say. Finally settled in new flat. Will avoid politic talk apart from one narcissistic megalomaniac lying clown down one to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rincewind said:

Waiting on results on TMA02 from OU. Not supposed to discuss or talk about what the questions are or module topics. Not sure I am supposed to say what my marks were for TMA01 but count those trombones in the big parade over there %. TMA03 I may get the chance to use the terms 'social cleavage' and 'seduction' This is not what you may think. It relates to consumption inequality the oppressed and the seduced and a throwaway society in the UK.

So all in all ot much to say. Finally settled in new flat. Will avoid politic talk apart from one narcissistic megalomaniac lying clown down one to go.

Welcome back Ken.

Football players really don't tend to improve as much as people think. Especially in areas they're really weak at, there's sort of this idea that players just incrementally and indefinitely get better. Danny Simpson would have been decent in the opposition half if that was the case or Choudhury would get his head up and play dangerous passes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Each to their own, do what you want etc - but why do people wear football shirts on holiday

I went to Bulgaria a couple of years and saw a family all in Sheffield united shirts. At the hotel i could hear the teenage daughter saying how sad it was that they were all wearing the same top. she disappeared for a while only to come back wearing the away kit. lol

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Each to their own, do what you want etc - but why do people wear football shirts on holiday

Because there might be that oe occasion when someone comes up to you and say, 'Aah senor Lee-ister Citee, dilly dong, yes?'

• Haha 3

Got the mark result from TMA02. A little less than the first Clickity-fat lady but am happy with it. It gets harder Planning an essay notes and 1250 worts for next one putting forward an argument a consumer society leads to a throw away society taking evidence from course materials. Yuk.

5 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I went to Bulgaria a couple of years and saw a family all in Sheffield united shirts. At the hotel i could hear the teenage daughter saying how sad it was that they were all wearing the same top. she disappeared for a while only to come back wearing the away kit. lol

Good girl! 

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't do it (I never wear a replica apart from if I play 5 a side) ....but it's obvious as to why people do though,  isn't it? 

Pride in Representing your city/ team in another place outside your hometown. It's a conversation starter.