Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

I'm really torn about whether we need to go for a left back in the winter window. If Ricky P and Castagne get fit soon, you'd argue that with them, Justin and Thomas we're pretty well stocked...it's just we look pretty thin there until that happens!

Otherwise CB cover seems to be what we need. But again, once Cags is back, do we need that desperately right now?

Seems quite unlikely we'll sign anyone in January anyway, based on what Rodgers has said recently.

23 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I only think Ali would benefit from Rodgers for a very limited time if at all. Mourhinio hasn't dropped him for no good reason, the fact is that Kane and Son are simply better. Ali is sulking because he either can't appreciate that or he's a sulky character if not getting his own way. Gone it seems with him to try and improve to fight his way back into the team. Who would we realistically leave out of our team for him because he's significantly better than? Rodgers wants players like Fuchs and Perez who, if not playing, is well prepared when called upon. Whatever I've said about Perez in the past I do salute his apparent attitude to not playing. We use the term managerial arm around the shoulder but Ali needs a kick up the arse.

As for Stones, he's always a mistake waiting to happen, Rodgers hasn't got a magic wand and he wouldn't get into our team at the moment plus he'd be an expensive bench warmer. If we want to spend money we've got more pressing priorities than these two positions. 

I wasn’t promoting us to buy them simply stating that some can’t see left and right of now and live in the moment, these are 2 very good players when on song but have lost their way for what ever reasons.

As I mentioned I don’t know Dele’s character but reading a recent report from Jose he says he is a very quiet and respectful lad, not sure he is sulking I would hazard a guess he is a victim of the different styles and set ups between Jose and Poch.

Regarding Stones he will shortly be back in the England fold and probably the 1st CB named on the team sheet, I know some will say well that’s not hard but that’s not his fault, he’s English so can’t play for Belgium but he does play for 1 of the biggest clubs in World football and his National team & that’s down to ability.
Hypothetically speaking if it was a toss up between Tarks and Stones I would go Stones 

• Like 2