Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only person who doesn’t think we need this ‘bastard CM’. Wilf does all the dirty work (better than anyone else in the league might I add) 

No you’re not . I think it’s a myth .” The Cattermole proposition “ (which incidentally was the title rejected by Robert Ludlum for one of his early novels)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, matty98 said:

Papu Gomez apparently wants out of Atalanta, he's 32 now but I'd love him here. 

It's usually not in the club's policy to sign a player like this, but I think he would be both an incredible signing and someone that we need! This season come the final table, the points difference between the teams is likely to be the closest it's ever been. 5 points more at the end of the season could again be the difference between Champions League football and nothing at all, so tight could it be. When we are at our worst we struggle to create anything and can't get going. Papu is an experienced player with a brilliant mentality. In our team we have 3 experienced players in key positions; goal keeper, centre back and centre forward. Papu Gomez is more of a forward than a midfielder, but he'd be an experienced Maddison / Praet type of player. With European football he doesn't have to play every game either.

Because it goes against club policy I don't see him coming to us and it's more likely he stays in Italy and ends up in Mlian, but he is exactly the type of player that would hit the ground running and make a difference immediately. Our biggest weakness IMO is that we don't score enough goals to truly be a consistent top team, and top class attacking players usually cost a ton. His wages would be pricey no doubt, but the transfer fee wouldn't. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

12 league appearances, 7 starts, 5 goals for Bursaspor so far this season, apparently offered €2.5M for him, fans in the comments think he should be going for a lot more

Good idea to replace gray with a young, “potential” signing, what gray originally was rather than another established winger who will demand game time when Under and Barnes are finding starts hard enough to come by. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Anyone reckon we might go in for Trincao?

I could see it in the summer. Koeman has been playing him as a right back in some games this season, the clown!

No doubt in the summer they change president, coach and maybe even Messi goes. Think they will also need the money and might want to cash in then. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I could see it in the summer. Koeman has been playing as a right back in some games this season, the clown!

No doubt in the summer they change president, coach and maybe even Messi goes. Think they will also need the money and might want to cash in then. 

...life in the old dog yet!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

12 league appearances, 7 starts, 5 goals for Bursaspor so far this season, apparently offered €2.5M for him, fans in the comments think he should be going for a lot more

Scored another 4 goals tonight for Bursaspor in the cup!

4838C19C-623A-43BA-8D37-E96506354838.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Scored another 4 goals tonight for Bursaspor in the cup!

4838C19C-623A-43BA-8D37-E96506354838.jpeg

....he does look the business....not too sure regarding the quality he is up against, but I do like a player who is constantly looking for his next goal!!!

Vardy giving 100% for the team does not strive to find his second for his own glorification it is about the team. Some strikers just love to get their next goal and that is all they can see.

Looks like the perfect identikit we have been searching for in the strikers department, we just need to get him to sign.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he does look the business....not too sure regarding the quality he is up against, but I do like a player who is constantly looking for his next goal!!!

Vardy giving 100% for the team does not strive to find his second for his own glorification it is about the team. Some strikers just love to get their next goal and that is all they can see.

Looks like the perfect identikit we have been searching for in the strikers department, we just need to get him to sign.

Bursaspor are a 2nd division side, where as Goztepe are a 1st division side so certainly scored against better opposition tonight than he usually does in the league

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks decent. Maybe Cags and Under can put in a good word for us.

...Celtic  supporters quite happy for Edouard to go to  Milan!!!

AC Milan reportedly interested in bringing him in and the Celtic fans are quite prepared to let him go for £10m+.

Apparently appears disinterested on the pitch and in a poll of, "should he go or should he stay"  89% has voted for him to leave.

I still believe there is an agreement in place at the start of this season with him to come to us next season. Is it possible that he has already committed to us for next season?  I would like to think so.

17 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Lille are in dire financial straits partially due to the loss of the current Ligue 1 tv deal. I’m not familiar with a lot of their players but they have started this season well. Maybe there’s one or two we could target in the window,

Didn’t take them long to get through the £72m they robbed for Pepe!

19 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Lille are in dire financial straits partially due to the loss of the current Ligue 1 tv deal. I’m not familiar with a lot of their players but they have started this season well. Maybe there’s one or two we could target in the window,

RAID THE FRENCH.

bring us Thauvin

24 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Wow, it was only in August that they brought in Jonathan David for about €30m. How are they in that much trouble already and how was that signing sanctioned?

By the way, Yusuf Yazıcı has scored a couple of hat-tricks for them in the Europa League this season, including one against Milan. Being a Turkish attacking midfielder, he ticks a couple of boxes. Not sure about his style of play or if he'd fit in here, mind.

Edited by ALC Fox