Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

43 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

As a Celtic player you'd have to look at Leicster as a hugely attractive option, I doubt even any slight bad feelings towards Rodgers would stop them whatsoever. The chance to go to a humble club that's got massive spotlight over the last few years and has been on the up with great owners with vision and ambition (not to mention more money in the EPL). It's a new pond entirely compared to the SPL. 

*lake

I doubt we’ll see any incomings this month. 

The market is more turbulent than ever and a wise businessman would watch how Brexit impacts the market. Realistically we have a large squad and we watch how we improve when the injured players return.

With further lockdowns potentially scheduled, the season could be prolonged again, so we could potentially survive until the summer / autumn transfer window. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. or perhaps they have little or no liking for Rodgers!!!

We have heard rumours of disquiet regarding Celtic players in regards to Rodgers and you wonder if this could be reasons for no Celtic players appearing on our doorstep or conversely we are looking for better quality out there.

None of them have EPL quality. None would start in a top six side.  When Pearson came back we didnt clamour for hull players 

20 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

None of them have EPL quality. None would start in a top six side.  When Pearson came back we didnt clamour for hull players 

There maybe aren't any that would START for us on a regular basis but there are players in the Rangers/Celtic teams that are better than some of our squad players. 

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

As a Celtic player you'd have to look at Leicster as a hugely attractive option, I doubt even any slight bad feelings towards Rodgers would stop them whatsoever. The chance to go to a humble club that's got massive spotlight over the last few years and has been on the up with great owners with vision and ambition (not to mention more money in the EPL). It's a new pond entirely compared to the SPL. 

Not to mention the attraction of a big wage hike.

Not sure any of them would sign for a Club smaller than their Reserve side.  Plus being eliminated from 2 European Competitions in the same season means the Fees they would demand would be ridiculously high and bad value.

• Haha 1

Edouard would be a great signing, but I just can’t see it happening, Celtic would make is their mission to be as difficult as possible, and we would end up shelling out £30+ million for him. Unfortunately I think any business with Celtic is off unless it really does benefit them financially. 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Edouard would be a great signing, but I just can’t see it happening, Celtic would make is their mission to be as difficult as possible, and we would end up shelling out £30+ million for him. Unfortunately I think any business with Celtic is off unless it really does benefit them financially. 

No chance. He won't go for £30m now and Lawell will sell to the highest bidder, including us. Lawell wants cash and it doesn't matter where it comes from.

24 minutes ago, Frost said:

No chance. He won't go for £30m now and Lawell will sell to the highest bidder, including us. Lawell wants cash and it doesn't matter where it comes from.

Plus hes been fairly poor

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is he a massive upgrade on Nacho?.. even he'd score shedloads of goals in that crap league.

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. or perhaps they have little or no liking for Rodgers!!!

We have heard rumours of disquiet regarding Celtic players in regards to Rodgers and you wonder if this could be reasons for no Celtic players appearing on our doorstep or conversely we are looking for better quality out there.

Perhaps. I guess seven trophies is not enough.

I still feel we need to look for a young talented striker as back up for Vardy, I hope Vards can continue for many years to come but as players get older injuries start get more frequent and taking longer to recover from them. The thought of Vardy out for any lengthy period give me the shivers.

We always look so poor up front when he is not playing like we are not sharp enough to score. I don't think leaving it until something happens and our form goes south is a good idea!

That’s why I feel to get someone in ASAP would give us so many more options if Vards injuries start playing him up more.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I don't think they would be difficult. The Celtic board would sell their grannies to sex traffickers for the right price. 

Completely and utterly profit based mentality. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I still feel we need to look for a young talented striker as back up for Vardy, I hope Vards can continue for many years to come but as players get older injuries start get more frequent and taking longer to recover from them. The thought of Vardy out for any lengthy period give me the shivers.

We always look so poor up front when he is not playing like we are not sharp enough to score. I don't think leaving it until something happens and our form goes south is a good idea!

That’s why I feel to get someone in ASAP would give us so many more options if Vards injuries start playing him up more.

The problem with an up and coming, young striker is that they are inconsistent. We need someone who can be relied upon when the chances DO come and with potentially limited game time, it will stifle their progress. 

I absolutely believe we should be going for an established striker in their prime with the understanding that they will deputies for Vardy this season and split game time with them getting the majority next year which will prolong Vardys career for a few more years. 

I love Vardy and one of the things I love about him is he isn't going to spit the dummy out to be transitioned as a super sub. If its what's best for the team, he will do it. He's not a selfish player. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SO1 said:

https://thecelticbhoys.com/2020/12/29/celtic-transfer-agreement-edouard-agent/

30 mil. He's not coming here. Juventus. Lawwell must be writing this.

Zero chance they get 30m for him. He's out of contract next summer (2022). My guess is someone will get him for 15-20m this summer, whether that's us remains to be seen.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just repping my ends pal, got some unbelievable prep work done on players I've never even seen or heard of until I quickly went on the internet.

How many foreign wingers does that prep include?

50 or more?