Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Ric Flairgreat post! Not heard of quite a few of those players, so thanks for sharing. The Romanian player looks interesting, but now that we are Brexit Britain, it's going to be very hard to get players like that in these days.

Patson Daka is a great player, and that could be exactly the type of player I could see ending up at Leicester actually, depending on when he leaves. He's the sort of player that is most likely going to be very good (but not Haaland good), but needs to go to a team where he can play every week to learn the bigger leagues without being under huge pressure. Possibly next season, if not definitely the one after, I imagine Vardy will be managed a lot more carefully and I can only see him playing one game a week. That would be the perfect time to bring someone like him in, though I think it will be someone else. It wouldn't surprise me if we landed Edouard from Celtic instead though.

Actually though I have to say that the Red Bull clubs really piss me off, as it seems massively unfair that they can essentially trade players among themselves! Now to be fair, we are clearly trying to do exactly the same thing with OHL, because our owners are smart and can see what the future of football is going to look like. But I think it's massively dangerous and crappy that we are going to essentially end up with a few "franchises" that control the football world, making it next to impossible for anyone else to get in. These bigger franchises will scout the best talent in developing countries, use their tier 2 teams to develop them, and then transfer them to their tier 1 teams without anyone else being able to contest the player sale.

It is indeed a bit naughty but might be the only way we obtain players on a level playing field with other countries who don't have the same excessive restrictions in recruiting players from all over the world. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

What about the winger Man U want from Atalanta. Same offer! Just more game time and a better training ground. 

Sadly Utd agreed this back in October before the new rules came in to force, even though he isn't signing until post the new rules. Liverpool managed to snaffle another U18 overseas player last week too, surprised we didn't look to make one last push for such players either last summer or in recent weeks.

27 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

What about the winger Man U want from Atalanta. Same offer! Just more game time and a better training ground. 

20m is a ripoff for a player who's that unproven, if it was any other club than manchester united he would be going 5-10 mil max. Also Under is a much more impressive player.

Edited by honeybradger

4 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Rivaldo Coetzee seems to have recovered from his injury. Center back with insane ball playing ability.

I remember that guy from when Rodgers was at Celtic, It seemed like a sure thing until they found some foot problem at the medical I think. Killed the deal completely. Glad to see he's back.

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We need to stick £20m of the queens big ones under Salzburg’s nose for Daka. Kid is an absolute monster. Send Kalechi back the other way. Come on Brenners get on the blower and get it done. 

give them Gray and Slim too if they want, sadly though as much as id love to see Daka at Leicester it wont happen:(

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

give them Gray and Slim too if they want, sadly though as much as id love to see Daka at Leicester it wont happen:(

The annoying thing is, you know he will go for about £20m..... which is something we can afford. But knowing us we will start chasing Edouard.... which would be a proper marathon leading to us over paying for him. I’d much rather we turned our attention to the many other ridiculously talented young forwards that are knocking about. Snap one up now to sit under Vardy would be ideal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

20m is a ripoff for a player who's that unproven, if it was any other club than manchester united he would be going 5-10 mil max. Also Under is a much more impressive player.

Didn't we spend £30+mil on an unproven defender who was only 19?

Seen us loosely linked to Ryan Christie. Wouldn't cost too much as he's out of contract in a year but not entirely sure he'd improve us too much and it's hardly a position we're desperate for. Of course it could just be lazy journalism due to the Celtic/Rodgers link. Arsenal and Southampton also said to be interested in him 

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Seen us loosely linked to Ryan Christie. Wouldn't cost too much as he's out of contract in a year but not entirely sure he'd improve us too much and it's hardly a position we're desperate for. Of course it could just be lazy journalism due to the Celtic/Rodgers link. Arsenal and Southampton also said to be interested in him 

No thanks. Great on his day but No better than what we have and he's wildly inconsistent.

3 hours ago, majaco said:

You make it sound like our recruitment is poor.  It is highly praised.  Based on recent transfers, there is an excellent chance we will make a good signing.

Exactly. It's as close to numbers and science as we can get. Not emotions. That's why we are where we are.           

I laugh when supporters attach players to managers. All about our style of play and finding players and managers who fit the profile.  Club infrastructure, not the whims of a manager, are one of our most important assets.

Edited by SO1

3 hours ago, majaco said:

You make it sound like our recruitment is poor.  It is highly praised.  Based on recent transfers, there is an excellent chance we will make a good signing.

Our recruitment of attacking players is an absolute disgrace though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SO1 said:

I remember that guy from when Rodgers was at Celtic, It seemed like a sure thing until they found some foot problem at the medical I think. Killed the deal completely. Glad to see he's back.

His passing is insane for a center back think Maguire but better. We really should be having a look.

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

His passing is insane for a center back think Maguire but better. We really should be having a look.

As we all know Rodgers has an absolute hard on for ball playing CB"s. The moment I saw Soyuncu with the ball at his feet it was a match made in heaven.

The rumour at Celtic at the time was that it was a career ending / recurrent injury. If its not then we should absolutely be in for him. Id imagine Congerton still has him on the radar if the situation has improved.